• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Pre-Season |OT| The Power of Dreams™

Status
Not open for further replies.

infi

Does Giedo winning have any effect on the Sutil case against Sauber?

All of this makes for a bit of pre race drama but Sauber seems like they caused it all.

Jibbed

Does Giedo winning have any effect on the Sutil case against Sauber?

All of this makes for a bit of pre race drama but Sauber seems like they caused it all.

Sutil will likely accept a payout rather than race, although I don't doubt he will get involved very soon.

Shaneus

Why would they have done it? Just that desperate for money?

Oh, no update as yet for the F1 app on iOS either (unsurprisingly). Good job, FoM.

Sauber obviously got fucked over by the almost certain 3 cars per team rule. But maybe they can race a 2 seater in the meantime?

a4d7d444ed_13-10-22-web-news-2-pic-2-4d1bf.jpg

I feel for VDG. I don't rate him as a driver particularly, but he's getting a shocking amount of stick for standing up for himself. He clearly had a legal, enforceable contract, and the only people who should be in the firing line here are the management of Sauber who thought they could rip that contract up with no consequences.

itsgreen

Are you sure about that? Haven't read anything about
ramifications for Malaysia and beyond.

I am, this is the ruling:

"30 It should also be borne in mind in relation to futility that the critical dispositive provision sought to be enforced applies to the whole of the 2015 Formula 1 Season — not just in relation to the coming few days in Melbourne for the Australian Grand Prix."

Hammer24

Banned
In the end, the cheapest solution would be if Sauber fields a farm team to get all four drivers they have under contract on the grid...

...and I´m only half kidding...

DBT85

MAy have got lost in all the trial stuff, but Haas have made some mroe moves

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/1...hey-have-purchased-marussia8217s-banbury-base

The Haas F1 Team have confirmed they have purchased Marussia’s Banbury base and have named ex- Ferrari and Red Bull staff in key positions.

Haas are set to enter F1 in 2016 and were keen to supplement their North Carolina factory with a European base for logistical purposes.

They have also appointed Dave O’Neill as team manager, Rob Taylor as chief designer and Ben Agathangelou as chief aerodynamicist.

O’Neill is well experienced in the role of team manager having held the position at Jordan between 1998 and 2005, before moving to A1GP and latterly Marussia.

I am, this is the ruling:

"30 It should also be borne in mind in relation to futility that the critical dispositive provision sought to be enforced applies to the whole of the 2015 Formula 1 Season — not just in relation to the coming few days in Melbourne for the Australian Grand Prix."

Thanks, didn't read the ruling. I guess if they don't put VDG in the car for other GPs they are in contempt of the Australian law and are in deep shit next year for the Australian GP.

Feel sorry for Peter Sauber.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Sauber obviously got fucked over by the almost certain 3 cars per team rule. But maybe they can race a 2 seater in the meantime?

One has the steering, the other the pedals.

I want a Maldonando and Yuji Ide combo.

Nice. I hope it's all pushed to the edges of widescreen TVs and not in the middle so they can piggy back one set of graphics to widescreen and regular screens.

FOM provide (or at least, used to) two different feeds, one for 16:9 graphics, and one for 4:3. It's up to the broadcaster which one is most suitable for their market.

Until a year or two ago, the BBC took the 4:3 feed.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Horner losing it

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner believes Formula 1 should consider a ban on windtunnel use as a radical cost-cutting measure.

With the costs of running a Formula 1 team still in the spotlight on the eve of the 2015 season, Horner has outlined to AUTOSPORT his ideas for the sport's future, including various measures to make the sport cheaper to compete in.

Zeknurn

F1 |OT| Any excitement will be found off-track
F1 |OT| Congrats Hamilton on your third championship
F1 |OT| PASTOR MALDONADO?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom