• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Pre-Season |OT| The Power of Dreams™

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Remember, Horner is likely in line to take the big seat when Mr Burns dies.

F1 as a technical pinnacle of motorsport with no windtunnel?

He does say it's an extreme example. I guess the idea of equal time in a common facility would be the slightly less drastic step.

Ark

F1 2015 |OT| Giedo Van der Garde his seat this year

Get it? ;D

I realise it makes absolutely zero pun-sense in Dutch.

Tugatrix

F1 2015 |OT| Did Pastor Maldonado crash today? Yes.

Robert-DeNiro-Laughing-Awards-Ceremony.gif

I choose this one

Shaneus

Where's the OT?

Anyway...
KnUHbra.jpg

RBR being unusually secretive during the pit walk this morning. What's up with that? All other wings/fronts on display, but can't see shit in theirs.

Edit:
6evl92U.jpg

Marussia looking bare :(

tN28IPk.jpg

Sauber apparently already know who's driving for them!

Shaneus

It won't be up until Friday afternoon. I realise that's pretty late for Australia, but I'm twenty hours in the past :D
You're worse than FIA, only getting their app out now ;)

Edit: Smiley added in case sarcasm wasn't detected :) Mobile battery does not usually allow for it!

Aiii

So not worth it
They're not, either they pay whatever fine they are given per weekend Giedo isn't driving, or they give him a seat and face the lawsuit from the driver he's replacing.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm not expecting Sauber to comply at all with providing the super license or a fitted seat. Or fuel.

If it's just a fine then they'll probably take the hit. More interesting is if there are arrests and seizures/closures to prevent any racing at all. In which case everybody loses!

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm not expecting Sauber to comply at all with providing the super license or a fitted seat. Or fuel.

If it's just a fine then they'll probably take the hit. More interesting is if there are arrests and seizures/closures to prevent any racing at all. In which case everybody loses!

And the few sponsors they have are gonna be fine with them purposely driving only one car instead of two? I find that unlikely tbh.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Sauber probably realized weeks ago that their lawyer is shit and hired a better one. But then the shit lawyer sued them to give him the case back according to his contract two days before the court hearing.

Jibbed

Apparently it's come to light that Giedo neglected to renew his superlicense over the winter for 2015, a process that normally takes 14 days. The FIA will fast-track this up to 48 hours before a Grand Prix under abnormal circumstances such as this, effectively giving VDG/Sauber 2 days to sort this out.

The team may well not even start the race at this rate.

Shaneus

Have audio from the pit walk when McLaren fired up their Honda, as well as from the Mercedes garage. Might be useful for a direct comparison given I was standing the same distance away from both (and using the same device, that being my iPhone :/).

Interesting to note that it was Hamilton himself feeling his way around the Merc, which is a very rare sight on pit walks, to see drivers. He's keeping his #44, too. But that was probably known already.

Also, the Honda was WAY louder and IMO sounded a shitload better, too.

Is there any interest in me uploading the audio I recorded?

And non-engine related: the Williams livery is actually matte, with only the red/blue stripes being gloss. It's a fucking great look in person, I wonder if there's any practical reason for it?

Ryne

Sauber's appeal failed. They have to pay VDG's legal costs and give him a seat.

His lawyers also asked for a listing of Sauber's assets at Melbourne.

Aiii

So not worth it
If they don't take steps to ensure Giedo can drive by tomorrow morning AU time, assetts will be seized and Kaltenborn could face prison.

This entire week has been sogood.gif.

Dilly

Banned
Have audio from the pit walk when McLaren fired up their Honda, as well as from the Mercedes garage. Might be useful for a direct comparison given I was standing the same distance away from both (and using the same device, that being my iPhone :/).

Interesting to note that it was Hamilton himself feeling his way around the Merc, which is a very rare sight on pit walks, to see drivers. He's keeping his #44, too. But that was probably known already.

Also, the Honda was WAY louder and IMO sounded a shitload better, too.

Is there any interest in me uploading the audio I recorded?

And non-engine related: the Williams livery is actually matte, with only the red/blue stripes being gloss. It's a fucking great look in person, I wonder if there's any practical reason for it?

They managed to fire up the Honda? Progress is made!

Zeknurn

He paid north of $10m of other people's money for a seat and had a valid contract.

You don't just write that shit off.

Oh absolutely, it's just that he he took the moral high ground from the start and based the whole trial on that he "just wanted to drive" when surely his billion dollar lawyer told him from the start that the team would go under if he won the case.

But it doesn't matter now. He will get the cash that he is owed when the team assets are sold off.

F1 |OT| 10 teams, no 9 teams, 8 teams? start the season.

xrnzaaas

I'd say that at this point it's likely that Sauber won't be on the grid in Australia. And I wouldn't be surprised if they closed down business after a few weeks of brainstorming and negotations. Congrats to Kaltenborn for destroying a team with nice traditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom