• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, this is yet another example of Microsoft paying off the publishers to provide inferior experiences on PlayStation consoles. The Xbox has sold poorly, and it quickly becoming irrelevant, so Microsoft are resorting to cheap tactics such as having PlayStation versions deliberately gimped in order to stay relevant in the eyes of consumers. Assassin's Creed Unity, The Witcher 3, and Resident Evil Revelations 2 are examples of this awful practice. I'm sure when you play this game on the Xbox One All In One Entertainment System, this game will be 1080p at a locked 30FPS, with mods available from the get go.

I swear I've been seeing more and more dumb posts on GAF recently...especially about console performance.

I also can barely tell when someone is being serious and someone is just fucking around lol.

Huddy

In my opinion, this is yet another example of Microsoft paying off the publishers to provide inferior experiences on PlayStation consoles. The Xbox has sold poorly, and it quickly becoming irrelevant, so Microsoft are resorting to cheap tactics such as having PlayStation versions deliberately gimped in order to stay relevant in the eyes of consumers. Assassin's Creed Unity, The Witcher 3, and Resident Evil Revelations 2 are examples of this awful practice. I'm sure when you play this game on the Xbox One All In One Entertainment System, this game will be 1080p at a locked 30FPS, with mods available from the get go.

413.gif

DjRalford

After playing new vegas again on my laptop last week it reminded me just how buggy their games are, a few times i had people half in the ceiling walking around on thin air, or wedged into a cliff face walking on the spot.

I even had the powder gangers from the assault on the town standing there doing nothing completely immortal, had to reload the quicksave twice to get it working as it should.

And all that happened within an hour and a half of gameplay from the start.

How long has NV been out, and stuff like that is still happening on the latest version, broken games forever broken.

Making some drama here Johnny?

Define "example" because I think you're just making shit up and presenting it as established fact.

Sakura

Yea I saw that video but I was referring to comparison videos of the same area.
It seems weird to me there would be such a large drop on the PS4 version when literally nothing is happening.

The moldy mattress with the shitty texture ceremoniously rotating is a brilliant way to distract users from the wait!
Hey when Bloodborne came out it didn't have anything at all.

Not sure why anyone is surprised? Same as last gen, if you want rock solid framerate you need to buy games on PC.

I agree! Every time I read these threads I see people complaining and think to myself, "you should have bought a PC!" I feel the same way when I read the Digital Foundry comparison threads, it's like a competition for distance second place. :/ I know in an ideal world every game would have a perfect frame rate and be bug free, but it's not a perfect world and shit happens. Owning a PC gives you more freedom of choice over every aspect of gaming. You have more purchasing power, input choice, backwards compatibility, hardware choice etc. PC gaming isn't without it's flaws however, just look at Batman Arkham Knight for example. Thankfully disasters such as that are few and far between. I feel like I could expand on this more, but I am going way off topic. I don't mean to be dismissive of console only owners, but having been one of those people before, and now moved exclusively to PC I just can't see myself every going back.

Gator86

Amazing

On topic: how is anyone surprised by this? It's Bethesda. Every time someone posted some shit about the game being solid thanks to Bethesda having months and months to polish it, I just stared at my screen in disbelief. I'll survive whatever thanks to years of playing games on severely underpowered PCs but I hope reviewers finally stop giving them a pass for putting out half finished, half broken games.

What evidence is there that the PS4 version is the one to get? Like I said, he wants it day one so we're not waiting for DF.

Given that this user has posted videos showing long load times and that these "frame drops" look like the game having hiccups while loading assets I wouldn't be surprised if this evidence is due to the user's HDD having some issues.

But like I said, you're making decisions based on the most circumstantial evidence around, individual user experience which can be influenced by a thousand different variables. If you're comfortable with that, then do it.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Even though I tolerated the clusterfuck that was Fallout NV PS3's performance, I'm not sure if I want to put myself through that again by buying this for PS4.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Given that this user has posted videos showing long load times and that these "frame drops" look like the game having hiccups while loading assets I wouldn't be surprised if this evidence is due to the user's HDD having some issues.

But like I said, you're making decisions based on the most circumstantial evidence around, individual user experience which can be influenced by a thousand different variables. If you're comfortable with that, then do it.
I am certainly more comfortable making decisions based on evidence than making decisions based on nothing. Guilty as charged!

KevinG

Yeah, nope.

Boss Man

Well, the clockspeed on the XBO CPU is slightly faster isn't it?
They clearly aren't pushing the GPU with this game.
Hmmm yes, with the questionable performance of this new Bethesda game we finally have proof that the XB1 is the best console in the world.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, debating swapping to an XBO preorder. But, there's not enough evidence for a clear suggestion of that and launch is quickly approaching.

I am certainly more comfortable making decisions based on evidence than making decisions based on nothing. Guilty as charged!

You seem to think that circumstantial evidence is better than no evidence at all when it's really not. Circumstantial evidence can often be faulty and unreliable. Which is the whole point of the post I made about bouncing around like a pinball if you base your life on that form of evidence.

I remember when a couple people started posting about their PS4 being faulty the week before it came out and everyone went oh my god RROD all over again. That's an example circumstantial evidence, the kind you apparently believe in.

Have we? I've only seen Kenzodielocke's in the thread and it is the one being used to compare in the post.

Well, the clockspeed on the XBO CPU is slightly faster isn't it?
They clearly aren't pushing the GPU with this game.

I love how clueless some people are, the clock difference is small it wouldn't make up for any major discrepancies, if there is a problem then it is because Bethesda made it that way.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
You seem to think that circumstantial evidence is better than no evidence at all when it's really not. Circumstantial evidence can often be faulty and unreliable. Which is the whole point of the post I made about bouncing around like a pinball if you base your life on that form of evidence.
Oh my god why do you care so much that he's getting the XBO version

On a serious note, it's rather disappointing that Bethesda couldn't manage stable performance with the visual fidelity that they are aiming for. That aside, I've been seeing people tweet screenshots and videos of the bugs in this game. I've only played some Skyrim, but it boggles my mind how people are willing to bend over and accept a troubled product. The defense force in here is a bit embarrassing. It's your damn $60; have some respect for yourself and your money.

Sakura

So why wouldn't this make itself apparent with every other game released? It's on Bethesda and only Bethesda if PS4 runs poorly.

I thought there were some games that had slightly more stable framerates on the XBO and the CPU was suggested as the reason?
Clearly the GPU isn't a bottleneck for either version of the game, so if it is performing worse on the PS4, I can't imagine what the reason would be other than the CPU.

And again this is just assuming it's not a bug that Bethesda can't just fix. Because it's not like it looks like there is particularly anything intensive going on in the scene.

Please ask other players how long the loading screens are for exact this building. My PS4 is fine. I too saw a lot of streams of xb1 and ps4 versions. The loading screens can take up to one minute. Just ask the people in the fallout went gold thread about the loading times.

Also that CPU thing is very minor. XB1 is slightly higher clocked, but PS4 allows to use one more core.

On a serious note, it's rather disappointing that Bethesda couldn't manage stable performance with the visual fidelity that they are aiming for. That aside, I've been seeing people tweet screenshots and videos of the bugs in this game. I've only play some Skyrim, but it boggles my mind how people are willing to bend over and accept a troubled product. The defense force in here is a it embarrassing. It's your damn $60; have some respect for yourself and your money.

I'm not paying anywhere close to $60 for it, and that's including the season pass...

But thanks for trying to tell me how to spend my time and money!

New Vegas is one of my favorite games of all time and I've beaten it 5 times...

God damn this thread is still going downhill.
What platform? I have it on 360, only crashed once and the performance and load times seem a hell of a lot better than 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom