• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Fruit Thread

lock2k

Banned
Just wanted to check if there's anyone as crazy about fruits as I am. I can't live without them.

I will eat virtually any fruit, no restrictions. My sugar consumption comes mainly from fruits as I'm not that much into candy and chocolate. I even had to tone the comsumption down a while ago to lower the sugar intake.

It did work. Now I eat a healthy amount daily. The good side is that my 4 year old also loves them.

Any other fruit obsessed people here?

Gander

Banned
Now you're talking. Fruit is just one those things it's so readily available it's taken for granted.

There are so many wonderful flavors and everything is good for you. Watermelon, Cherries, Blueberries, Grapes and Pears. Everything is delicious and they all have some kind of positive benefit.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not big into eating fruit, mainly because I've never been able to tell when it's ripe to eat. Things like bananas or strawberries or grapes are obvious. You can't fuck those up. But half the time I bite into an apple, nectarine, peach, cut open an orange etc..... it's shitty, not ripe yet, not sweet.

Juice or smoothy if you wanna play it safe. I used to chuck them all in a blender with orange juice (blueberries, raspberries, banana, apple, carrot) you can even sneak in some veg and seeds. It'll keep you going till lunch and you get your 5 a day and more.

J-Roderton

Melons, my friend. Cantaloupe, honey dew, watermelon. Just mix all that up together.

Mango is rad, too, even though I hate cutting it up myself.

lock2k

Banned
/close thread.

Bananas are lovely.
I love watermelons too.
Pineapples and all kinds of berries 🤤

I ate watermelon yesterday like a motherfucker. I bought one quarter of a watermelon and it still was too much for me and my wife, but I ate a lot of it. Lol.

It was perfectly ripe.

llien

Eat all of fruit kinds like you, OP.
In my business trip to India discovered papayas and wide variety of Bananas. (unfortunately not mangos, as season was over)
To bad they are hard to get where I live.

cryptoadam

Banned
Yes I eat fruits every day as snacks.

Oranges and grapefruits mainly. Working on a box of tangerines now.

Fruits are the best.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
For at least a decade, with minimal changes, my breakfast each morning consists of the following items:
  • Oatmeal
  • 2-3 eggs
  • Water
  • Coffee
  • A piece of fruit
If I run out of fruit (which rarely but occasionally happens) I am not a happy camper.

My late night snacks usually consist of some combination of grapes, cheese, and triscuits.

lock2k

Banned
Which one? Kiwis?

Do you buy fruit online?

I buy them at my local farmer's market and they import these Kiwis from New Zealand, their brand is Zespri.

kiwi-green.png

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
A few days ago I learned the best way to eat a pomegranate involves peeling it submersed in a bowl of water.

G-Bus

Banned
Banana and apples mainly.

My wife's allergic to melon so I can't keep any of that in the house or she freaks out. Sucks because watermelon is my favorite fruit :(

Summer is the best. so many fresh berries.

highrider

Banned
It’s good. But I’d rather have a Beef Wellington and a sticky toffee pudding given a choice. Banana and mango are probably fruit champs for me.

Thurible

I love eating pineapple, keeps the seed manly.
Wait, pineapples help with fertility? Is that true? If so, does it work with women as well?

Also, while I like pineapple, I find it a bit too acidic at times. Its like it's eating me instead of me eating it. I like it but I probably wouldn't want it in high doses.

As a child, my favorite fruit was cherries. Whenever I had an opportunity to eat cherries I would devour them. I even drank cherry juice as a kid. There was just something great about the mixture of sweetness and tartness in cherries. I rarely eat them today, but they are still in my opinion a fantastic fruit.

Big fan. Nearly every weekday morning I have a shake with various fruits and/or berries in it. Great way to start the morning. Gives me a little extra boost in the morning vs a heavy meat breakfast and coffee.

Kiwis and pineapples seem to be constants for me. But like you op, I'll try any fruit.

Marsellio23

I love fruits too! But I like making cocktails and smoothies. It is also good to add cereals to fruit smoothies. I like the fresh taste of fruit.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Wait, pineapples help with fertility? Is that true? If so, does it work with women as well?

Also, while I like pineapple, I find it a bit too acidic at times. Its like it's eating me instead of me eating it. I like it but I probably wouldn't want it in high doses.

As a child, my favorite fruit was cherries. Whenever I had an opportunity to eat cherries I would devour them. I even drank cherry juice as a kid. There was just something great about the mixture of sweetness and tartness in cherries. I rarely eat them today, but they are still in my opinion a fantastic fruit.

You need to try fruit produced in South America. Wondrous.

I think for women, pineapple is especially good. For the men, I know it helps with the flavor of the seed, if you know what I mean.

Cherries are the bomb. I think good ones are harder to come across.

Gander

Banned
You need to try fruit produced in South America. Wondrous.

I think for women, pineapple is especially good. For the men, I know it helps with the flavor of the seed, if you know what I mean.

Cherries are the bomb. I think good ones are harder to come across.

I think pineapple really help with energy and metabolism. Little known fact Micheal Jordan use to eat pineapples before games.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I think pineapple really help with energy and metabolism. Little known fact Micheal Jordan use to eat pineapples before games.

Ya I certainly feel much healthier eating them. They were big when I was into sports, had a whole bowl before runs at one point. Kept my body intact.

TheUsual

Gold Member
I've been trying to incorporate more fruit into my everyday diet. Usually have a banana in the morning but I started adding fresh raspberries in as well.
Really like the taste of them.

lil puff

Pineapple also has Bromelain which, for me seems to aid digestion. I tend to throw a little in lunch salad everyday.

Other than that, I am just oranges and granny smith apples.

I can't do too much fruit because of sugars, and when I did eat like bananas or grapes, they would tend to spoil in the fridge before I could finish.

TacosNSalsa

I'll eat any fruit ...but when it comes to grapes , I can easily polish off a bunch in a day, just walking by them I'll grab like 5 or 6..especially if they are nice and crisp..

lil puff

I'll eat any fruit ...but when it comes to grapes , I can easily polish off a bunch in a day, just walking by them I'll grab like 5 or 6..especially if they are nice and crisp..
I once went to Panama and stupidly ate some grapes I bought off the street, and did not wash them. I got violently sick the whole trip.

You should try slightly freezing grapes, they are nice during the summer. Bananas too. It's like ice cream.

lock2k

Banned
I once went to Panama and stupidly ate some grapes I bought off the street, and did not wash them. I got violently sick the whole trip.

You should try slightly freezing grapes, they are nice during the summer. Bananas too. It's like ice cream.

I did that to a Banana the other day and it was awesome, indeed like an Ice Cream :)

lil puff

I want to like papaya, it's also good for digestion, but it also has this weird smell and subtle, but stinky taste.

Top Bottom