• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

HARDLY child, I've been TYPING FABULOUSLY for YEARS.

NOT THIS WELL SIS.

VuORD.gif

Team Madge this stan war

LWfnE.gif

SpiffyG

The power of fangirls right?
It's disgusting. It's such a blatantly bad song. And I didn't realize how shitty the lyrics were until I heard Marina's version and went back to the original and actually listened to what he was saying. What the fuck.

Delio

It's disgusting. It's such a blatantly bad song. And I didn't realize how shitty the lyrics were until I heard Marina's version and went back to the original and actually listened to what he was saying. What the fuck.

I really like Marina's version.

Koodo

Banned
The Bieber "video" is absolutely horrendous, grotesque, deluded and PROHIBITIVELY INADEQUATE FOR ANY ORDERLY SOCIETY ON THIS PLANET.

SpiffyG

I see the disgusting beliebers have entered this thread.

iNlDk.gif
They just don't know any better.

i3lQQ128mADKo.gif

Also, why does the song start over 30 seconds in? And I actually decided to sit through the rest of the video to see if I was missing out on something. And uh, nope, the video doesn't go anywhere. I'm staring at his smug fuck face for 3 minutes while he's "dancing" around some chicks and cars. Radical.

Delio

They just don't know any better.

i3lQQ128mADKo.gif

Also, why does the song start over 30 seconds in? And I actually decided to sit through the rest of the video to see if I was missing out on something. And uh, nope, the video doesn't go anywhere. I'm staring at his smug fuck face for 3 minutes while he's "dancing" around some chicks and cars. Radical.

Even is OLDER videos went places. This just seemed pointless and tacky. Im really shocked...did he fire someone?

Peru

I don't see any bieber fans here. But Boyfriend is one of the first decent Bieber singles in two years, and Marina's version just makes it ten times more generic and forgettable.

SpiffyG

Even is OLDER videos went places. This just seemed pointless and tacky. Im really shocked...did he fire someone?
I wouldn't know. I could never sit through his videos. I think I only got 20 or so seconds into Baby. Luckily, I can't even think of how that song goes. Yeah, you'd think with it being the lead single for his second album, they'd go balls-out with the video production.

I don't see any bieber fans here. But Boyfriend is one of the first decent Bieber singles in two years, and Marina's version just makes it ten times more generic and forgettable.
Raw emotion coupled with meaningful lyrics equals generic and forgettable, but vapid lyrics and an auto-tuned voice does not?

Peru

More like removing any trace of the interesting rnb arrangement and adding the brit school equivalent of vocal wanking.

SpiffyG

More like removing any trace of the interesting rnb arrangement and adding the brit school equivalent of vocal wanking.
ibaEyDtxRdukaO.gif

The buildup and pacing are so much better than that generic RnB mess. Biebz wishes he could wank his voice like Marina can. She ripped a vocal chord shortly before the cover, and still sounds better than JB ever could.

Majmun

I'm loving this battlefield.

hKkhr.gif

Why is it always the cute ones that are just so wrong...

Thanks royalan, but cute is subjective

http://i.imgur.com/Pmxri.png

Madonna sucking since Music came out is basically an objective fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPHUZenprKc&ob=av2e

Why isn't the hag making more music like that? I'm tired of her old ass acting like she's in the same age as Rihanna or Lady Gaga.

Just not digging her style anymore. We have enough young pop divas. Madonna can't compete. I like her music to be more sophisiticated. Oh well...

Icicle

Ancient indeed. Other 'ancients' like Marilyn Monroe and James Dean achieved with their short lives what Madonna never will with hers. 50 years after their deaths, these two icons have managed to live on through their enduring popularity. Check out who is on the cover of Vanity Fair this month... Hint: it's not your fave.

Legends never die, but sluts always die first.

What's THIS SHIT?
Vanity Fair ATLANTIS?

I cannot find a SINGLE reference to this from a Google search.

Of course you didn't, you're a Madonna stan. It would seem that listening to her insipid lyrics and being exposed to her own "facts" has taken a toll on your own intelligence as well. Or perhaps this is a matter of causation versus correlation; that one must already be a most basic bitch to be a fan of Madonna's.

nPiSQ.gif

If I'm talking about the iconic status of Marilyn and tell you to check out the current cover of Vanity Fair within the same paragraph, the logical inference would be that I'm still referring to her.

yMeIx.gif

So much stupidity, it hurts.

Now let us begin today's lesson on how certain celebrities reach the elite rank of icon. Icons are distinguished for their legendary feats/talents/accomplishments, mass appeal, certain looks/fashions, hard (and smart) work ethic, and risk-taking ability. I believe these traits are generally common among those that have managed to reach the highest echelon of celebrity.

Madonna will not be remembered as an icon by anyone but the delusional gays who grew up with her. They will be too busy Vogue-ing to notice the anal beads falling out of their asses or to realize the rest of the world no longer cares about their fave.

gabriellehairh8j5v.gif

Madonna's problem, and biggest hypocrisy, is her complete reliance on others' music/styles/videos/etc. to come up with her own. How will Oldonna's works be remembered, much less respected, when they are mostly lifted from other people? Despite using the works of others quite liberally throughout her career, she gets offended when she feels as if others have done the same to her. In addition to calling "Born This Way" 'reductive,' she added most backhandedly that it was a "wonderful way to redo my song."

Now, to take this thing full circle, let's visit some of Madonna's looks from over the years, all of which were stolen from other celebrities. Madonna's favorite source of "inspiration" has always been Marilyn Monroe, likely because she is not able to sue Madonna like so many others have rightfully done.

FMiu9.jpg

Marilyn Monroe

5lVx6.png

Marlene Dietrich

ZZsVa.jpg

Tina Turner

1eJaR.jpg

Greta Garbo

5e57e.jpg

Bette Davis

I'll stick with just those (for now), but Madonna's done enough of this thievery in her career that the images alone are in the hundreds. Here's a list/catalog for those that are ready to embrace the truth.

It seems that everybody around here has been sipping tea lately. I think I'll have some too.

janetsipsteaypycu.gif

Here are some receipts you can use to absorb those tears
Those are some impressive receipts indeed. I don't spot a single repeated cover among them or anything! I'm sure Janet is very pressed she has never been on the cover of Vanity Fair, but it's hard to compete with the head-turning story about the borderline pedophilic relationship between Madonna and her 22-year old boyfriend (his mom is still younger than Madonna by 8 years). Additionally, Vanity Fair has been criticized for practically excluding black celebrities from its magazines altogether. In the magazine's history, there have been less than 30 covers with black people on them.

Considering the magazine first launched in 1913, a few years after Madonna was born, it's no surprise that Madonna has had several covers. Additionally, I don't think there is any other person that embodies everything associated with "vanity" as well as Madonna.

83tPw.gif

So, yes, Janet has yet to be on the cover of Vanity Fair. Would Madonna like a prize for not being black or something, because race is the only thing that has kept Janet from gracing another magazine's cover. For that matter, how many times has Madonna been on the cover of JET, Ebony, Essence, etc.? Hand Models Monthly?

You're trying to come at MADONNA for being a "slut"?!

Yes, Janet has been on the cover of FHM magazine, which is a testament to her beauty, especially considering she was 40 at the time.

Since you obviously failed to do your homework, look who else has done FHM...
f82HC.jpg

(No FHM, she really doesn't)

But I don't want to take away any attention from her fully nude photos in...
QRjzJ.jpg

So, yes, I will be coming at Madonna for being a slut. You can drop the quotation marks though, I don't think anybody is being fooled by them. These magazine shoots are pretty tame by Madonna standards actually. You know this woman was born to be a whore with that huge gap between her teeth, which she uses as a sperm overflow valve.

snatcheda7jjo.gif

I wasn't even trying to get involved again right now, just announcing that it was going to happen soon. But when a bitch wants to throw down, how can I say no? I have a lot of work cut out for me this weekend, I'm gonna go back and reveal all the lies and information you posted that went unchecked and I've still got the rest of this post to address. It pains me to think how hard it must be to find ways to prove Madonna's worth. It's never to late to accept Janhova into your heart.

Oh, and one last thing. That gif of Madonna smoking you are so fond of is another blatantly stolen idea.

cigarettercy1z.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom