• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2015: 10 world premieres, 10 on-stage awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

- Yes, there will probably be an Iwata tribute segment
- Kojima is a consultant but when that question came up Geoff was acting weird, either not being sure if Kojima would be there or they might be planning something together (I assume it's the latter)
- There will be a 30 min long pre-show
- The show itself will be about 2 hours long; at least this is what they are aiming at
- They will show the new Tomb Raider DLC during the pre-show
- More balance between awards and world premieres; Geoff felt last year was "too commercial"
- Lots of people from the industry (Spencer in the audience) will be there but also celebrities who have a connection to gaming and voice/mocap-actors
- Nintendo will "show some new stuff"
- NMS and Horizon popped up, but not sure if they will be at show. Honestly, who cares: there is PSX the same week as well and those two games will be shown either way this December, lol
- Lots of high-profile people working behind the scenes, so expect a high quality show like last year
- Some people asked about Silent Hill and Tekken and Geoff answered both with "Next question", but that is probably because he thought these were jokes, lol (Tekken might be PSX, Silent Hill is pachinko)

That's what I remember, he didn't drop megatons but seemed in very good spirits and very motivated. Unfortunately unlike Twitch most Periscope streams ain't archived, but:

there will be a TGA Twitch livestream a bit later when he has the time and you'll be able to ask more questions there. Besides, he said there will be a flood of news and tidbits the entire next week

Kenpa64

If Nintendo shows a trailer it will be from a big racing horse. I mean that most likely Zelda, besides that I can't see anything.

Is a show of The Last Guardian even possible? We need to see it every now and then to remember it is coming.

Tregard

Soothsayer
- The show itself will be about 2 hours long; at least this is what they are aiming at

Thank god for this, wasn't last years show close to 3 hours? It was good, but lord knows I couldn't do that sort of length again this year.

Hoping he'll get what he wanted from the GOTY last year, with Reggie, Phil and Yoshida all presenting the award together.

Guymelef

2 hours for 10 games.
anigif_enhanced-23661-1401224874-1.gif

Demoskinos

I've always been extremely respectful of Geoff's effort putting together these shows. He always seems extremely passionate about trying to make it the best show possible. Doesn't always work but I have to respect a man who is that dedicated.

Hasn't really been mentioned much, but I think there's a good chance Suicide Squad might be announced.

WB has been aiming for 1 AAA game per year release, to cycle with Rocksteady's output. WB has announced games with premiere trailers in the past at VGA. Unless they plan to do a cold announcement like they did with Arkham Knight, it seems likely that they'll announce it at VGA. I'm guessing they'll want to launch it concurrent with the movie and E32016 seems like a short window between announcement and launch.

I'm not sure if Mario Maker and STEAM would have been there last year if not for Zelda, it seemed like a package deal. On the other hand.....Cranky Kong lol.

Game4life

Banned
Thank god for this, wasn't last years show close to 3 hours? It was good, but lord knows I couldn't do that sort of length again this year.

Hoping he'll get what he wanted from the GOTY last year, with Reggie, Phil and Yoshida all presenting the award together.

Wow that is cool. Is this confirmed?

Pachimari

We are doing our best. Hopefully you will like the new footage we are going to show.
I know you're doing your best allow me to be a little pessimistic. I do want it to turn out great as I love Remedy's history but I hope to see compelling gameplay that isn't just a straight up shooter. Maybe some unique time manipulation powers can do it. Frozen time and slow motion just isn't doing it for me.

I also don't think that Hideo Kojima will be there for a world premiere. Especially not Silent Hills which is dead in the water. I do believe Kojima, Del Toro and Reedus will eventually talk about creating an original horror experience.

Nibel

Ed Boon teased a new character being shown at TGA. Guess that's another world premiere down?

Also, "a special announcement from @oculus founder @PalmerLuckey" is coming as well, not sure if it counts as world premiere though.

AAMARMO

Banned
World Premiere That Are Confirmed
  • Far Cry Primal
  • Quantum Break
  • Mortal Kombat X New DLC Character
  • Special Announcement By Oculus Rift

World Premiere That I Think Might Happen
  • Halo 5 DLC
  • No Man Sky
  • Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 DLC
  • Something Microsoft
  • Something Nintendo
  • Kojima Surprise

Bsigg12

World Premiere That Are Confirmed
  • Far Cry Primal
  • Quantum Break
  • Mortal Kombat X New DLC Character
  • Special Announcement By Oculus Rift

World Premiere That I Think Might Happen
  • Halo 5 DLC
  • No Man Sky
  • Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 DLC
  • Something Microsoft
  • Something Nintendo
  • Kojima Surprise

I don't know what they would show for Halo 5. I can't imagine the Forge update in December would be exciting enough to show at the event.

Bolivar687

Banned
Probable:

The real game director accepts any awards for MGSV, then is joined by Hideo Kojima onstage to announce Metal Gear Solid 5.

Bold prediction:

F.E.4.R (Monolith developed)

Lock:

Driveclub #2 for Fall 2016

Yeah I imagine this will be as dull as the last two years. A bunch of low key and shocking news reveals coupled with dlc and gameplay trailers. Any notible third party with Sony ties will likely get in ps experience. Unless Sony is showing so much shit that they won't be expending any time for 3rd parties.

Rush_Khan

It would be great to see some Dark Souls III footage. Last year's Bloodborne gameplay trailer was so awesome.

Hopefully we see more of Zelda U with, possibly, a new subtitle.

So, Far Cry Primal, Quantum Break, and RoTR DLC are 3 of the 10?
Additionally we've got a MX character announcement (Maybe Batman? Get that Arkham Knight GOTY/BvS hype up?), something new from Nintendo (More Zelda is possible, Smash DLC is more likely), Oculus news (release date? price?), and a game Geoff has 'waited years for' (Retro reboot of some sort, I'd guess. For shits & giggles, let's say its' a new C&C - since Westwood is getting an award.).

That brings it up to 7. What else?

MrV4ltor

So, Far Cry Primal, Quantum Break, and RoTR DLC are 3 of the 10?
Additionally we've got a MX character announcement (Maybe Batman? Get that Arkham Knight GOTY/BvS hype up?), something new from Nintendo (More Zelda is possible, Smash DLC is more likely), Oculus news (release date? price?), and a game Geoff has 'waited years for' (Retro reboot of some sort, I'd guess. For shits & giggles, let's say its' a new C&C - since Westwood is getting an award.).

That brings it up to 7. What else?
I'd say Zelda is more likely from Nintendo than Smash since we're getting a Smash Direct in a few weeks. Tom Raider DLC is pre-show, so I don't know if it counts as one of the world premieres. We'll probably also get something from Sony as a small taste for what they're up to with PSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom