• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2016 Thread: Kojima Time Featuring The Kojimas

I hope Geoff smiles a lot.

Lovely Geoff.

No way I'm catching it live from the EU though. Kill you to run it on a Friday at least?

Adry9

3AM here. Still don't get why they make them at night US time, they don't air on TV anymore, audience is global.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
2am ? looks like Europe can go fuck themselves, it's a bad timing, they need to change that if they want it to be more popular.

It's going to have a majority US viewership....so it makes perfect sense to hold it when it's on.

I'm in New Zealand, and it's at 3pm here, but if it was at 2am I would stay up for it for sure.

Also, wasn't sure whether or not to put this in the OP, so I'll at least put it here:
https://www.twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/804086265238818817
CyiwMklVQAAI40s.jpg
Does anyone else ever get the vibe that Geoff is hopelessly wrapped up in a one-sided friendship with Kojima? It always reads like a little brother trying to impress his big brother and hang out with him and his friends.

Geoff - H-hey, Hideo, look, I'm doing The Game Awards!

Kojima - Yes, very nice Geoff. Congratulations.

Geoff - And you're invited too! Come by, we'll have pizza and punch and Mark Hamill!

Kojima - Thank you Geoff but I have been informed I cannot. Konami has me on a gag-order, I'm afraid.

Geoff - AW, WHAT? JEEZ. WELL SCREW THOSE GUYS, EH?

Kojima - Yes Geoff, we're all very upset and angry.

Geoff (kicking rocks) - Nuts. Next year? And, and we can, we can, we can hug at E3? And you can show off that radical Death Stranding trailer to the boys and I?!

Kojima - Sure Geoff, I'll see you there.

Geoff (squealing and bouncing on the heels of his feet) - YAY! Can't wait buddy! Catch you then!

Kojima - Yeah. See you there, friend.

[Geoff's face glows blush red as a giggle slips out.]

Pachimari

To be honest, The Game Awards doesn't have me hyped this year at all. I guess it's because all the announced games are so uninteresting. I will still watch it live, and I'll look curiously at Zelda and Guardians of the Galaxy but that's about it. I hope to see Mads Mikkelsen in a Death Stranding trailer but I can't get excited about that game just yet.

Down for another edition of the Keighly's, looking forward to tonight. Maybe the fact that RTJ are performing should be in the OP?

4am here...

If you can, please update the OT with a link to a vod for people to watch it in the morning.

It'll be the same as the YouTube live-stream link, they get auto-converted to VODs once the broadcast is over.

Does anyone else ever get the vibe that Geoff is hopelessly wrapped up in a one-sided friendship with Kojima? It always reads like a little brother trying to impress his big brother and hang out with him and his friends.
I get the vibe that you're mad jelly.

Down for another edition of the Keighly's, looking forward to tonight. Maybe the fact that RTJ are performing should be in the OP?

I admit to having no clue in that regard. If any other performances are expected, could someone make a small list? I'll edit it in.

baberunisei

Midnight here in Brazil... that's the exact same time my time available to play FF XV starts, so... I think I'm just gonna watch the highlights tomorrow

Zyrox

Where Zelda goes, I go, therefore I am here. Definitely gonna tune in, even though the timing for Europe is unfortunate.
Helps that I have tomorrow off.

Kind of sad that OP said what we were really here for is the announcements. I don't know I guess I kind of just want a respectable awards show our of this thing and not E3 lite?

Kind of sad that OP said what we were really here for is the announcements. I don't know I guess I kind of just want a respectable awards show our of this thing and not E3 lite?

It's really just that no one here cares about the awards. The show itself is fine imo, just not really all that interesting.

In case people don't know, you can watch this show on the Live Events Viewer app on PS4. That's how I've been watching it for the past few years and it works great. That way I can use my computer to write on GAF at the same time. XD

Its more of an acknowledgement than anything really. Like, as much as I'd also like the event to gain enough prestige to watch in and of itself, the fact of the matter is most people, both on this forum and off it, are concerned on the announcements and the like. Most of the threads about it thus far have been about teases for trailers.

Morts

I forgot we were going to see Mass Effect at this thing. Hyped again despite the Dishonored 2 snub.

llehuty

Who's the jury? Did they fix the over-presence of men? Is Breitbart still invited like last year?

The selected outlets decided the nominations and winners, not individual members like last year (probably to avoid the unbalanced lineup from last year).

Surprised to see famitsu there, and disapointed there is no Easy Allies.

sora87

This will offer background entertainment as i do meaningless fetch quests in final fantasy xv. Thanks geoff!

Surprised to see famitsu there, and disapointed there is no Easy Allies.

That could be because Bosman is working on the show

Top Bottom