• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards (TGA) 2018 |OT| Now bigger than E3

2:30 AM for me so I guess I'll just watch trailers of new announcements in the morning.

Still with everything else under performing it has potential to be best conference this year.

Hudo

2:30 AM for me so I guess I'll just watch trailers of new announcements in the morning.

Still with everything else under performing it has potential to be best conference this year.
2:30 AM for me as well, sadly. But at this point, there might be a chance this whole thing gets leaked, lol.

makaveli60

Say what you want about ads, but Geoff is one of (if not) the most likeable people in the industry. He really seems like a genuine person who loves video games and has a great admiration towards the industry and the developers. I'm glad he is still doing these shows and it's even bigger than ever. And thankfully I haven't seen any political bullshit from him yet.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wonder how a postapoc farcry will compare to rage2 and borderlands3.

Also is it the next big part of the franchise or something more fun-on-the-side a la Blood Dragon?

Last edited:

Fbh

Gaming has to be the only industry with an award show that everyone is hype about while at the same time not caring about the actual awards.

Anyway, seems like it's going to be pretty awesome

What musical instrument will he play ?

Wonkytonk

Gaming has to be the only industry with an award show that everyone is hype about while at the same time not caring about the actual awards.

Anyway, seems like it's going to be pretty awesome

What musical instrument will he play ?

Probably the one with 85 million different notes.

0f7b19751020566803c405b161e71871.jpeg

Strongly based and incredibly redpilled. The Pope is absolutely going to DELIVER.

Last edited:

Exentryk

You mean Square? I don't see that happening here.
No, I mean Nintendo. Bravely series is published by Nintendo outside Japan.

The Bravely Twitter did tease Airy's shadow in a recent tweet, so I'm hoping it gets revealed soon.

EDMIX

No, I mean Nintendo. Bravely series is published by Nintendo outside Japan.

The Bravely Twitter did tease Airy's shadow in a recent tweet, so I'm hoping it gets revealed soon.

Well Square owns the IP.... I'd expect they would announce it as we don't even know if Nintendo would continue to publish it as it is a Square owed IP. For all we know they are planning to self publish it on multiple consoles

Exentryk

Well Square owns the IP.... I'd expect they would announce it as we don't even know if Nintendo would continue to publish it as it is a Square owed IP. For all we know they are planning to self publish it on multiple consoles
Anything can happen, sure. But the logical assumption is that if the first two games were published by Nintendo, then the third will be as well, especially when we haven't heard anything to suggest the contrary.

kPnOIIG.gif

Last edited:

EDMIX

Anything can happen, sure. But the logical assumption is that if the first two games were published by Nintendo, then the third will be as well, especially when we haven't heard anything to suggest the contrary.

kPnOIIG.gif

You don't need to believe it bud, simply stating the facts.

Nintendo also published some Monster Hunter games, doesn't mean Monster Hunter World would never be made.

MS also published that Tomb Raider game...

So its not the first time Square has had someone publish a game and yet have the series move else where.

Look at Ace Attorney coming to many systems or even Dragon Quest coming to console or even FFX going to Switch along with World Of Final Fantasy.....sooooooo its not as if bringing games to other platforms is unlikely or never happens, Square themselves have been spreading more games to more systems so I'd look to them to see what they would do with their IP...

Not a company that doesn't own it lol

Nothing to do with if I or you THINK it will or won't happen, simply that fact of the matter is Square owns the IP, they'd be telling you where its going, not Nintendo.

Consider, MS didn't announce Mass Effect 2, a game they were not publishing, Nintendo didn't announce Monster Hunter World, a game they were not publishing. The IP holders did....

Ivellios

Nice OT!

I am truly hoping they announce the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid Prime 4, these are the games i am expecting the most right now

Exentryk

Nothing to do with if I or you THINK it will or won't happen, simply that fact of the matter is Square owns the IP, they'd be telling you where its going, not Nintendo.
Except that's exactly what you're doing. By saying "you mean SE", you think that SE (and not Nintendo) will be announcing the third Bravely game, and will be making it third party. That's what you're thinking and saying will happen, which is a pretty illogical assumption when the first two games weren't, and there is no indication to suggest otherwise.

So, going back to my initial post - I wonder if Nintendo will announce Bravely Third here?

Last edited:

Codes 208

I don’t know about you guys but I hope MHW wins in a big way this year. Easily the biggest sleeper hit for me this year. Went from a meh as I never got into a MH game to a “holy shit now I need MOAR (on Xbox please)

EDMIX

Except that's exactly what you're doing. By saying "you mean SE", you think that SE (and not Nintendo) will be announcing the third Bravely game, and will be making it third party. That's what you're thinking and saying will happen, which is a pretty illogical assumption when the first two games weren't, and there is no indication to suggest otherwise.

So, going back to my initial post - I wonder if Nintendo will announce Bravely Third here?

" illogical assumption when the first two games weren't " Not really. Ace Attorney is coming to many platforms, so is World Of Final Fantasy, look at Monster Hunter.

So much for "illogical".

My point is simply that Square would likely announce it as they can announce it for Switch only or on many platforms like they are doing lately with lots of their IP (World Of Final Fantasy, FFX, Lost Sphere etc)

Exentryk

" illogical assumption when the first two games weren't " Not really. Ace Attorney is coming to many platforms, so is World Of Final Fantasy, look at Monster Hunter.
What does Ace Attorney, Woff and Monster Hunter have to do with Bravely series and their developers? If you want to post a comparison, you'd look at Octopath Traveler, because that is by the same Creative team as Bravely. And even that (Octopath) was announced by Nintendo, no SE.

So yeah, it's a pretty illogical assumption from you.

EDMIX

What does Ace Attorney, Woff and Monster Hunter have to do with Bravely series and their developers? If you want to post a comparison, you'd look at Octopath Traveler, because that is by the same Creative team as Bravely. And even that (Octopath) was announced by Nintendo, no SE.

So yeah, it's a pretty illogical assumption from you.

Its series that once appeared on a few systems ,going to other systems. The example is to show that being only on 1 system doesn't mean that is how the series will stay.

Square owns the IP, soooooo the team or publisher is irrelevant. Square will be the one bringing it to 1 system or 3 or 4 etc. Simply showing that more times its coming to more then one, even your example is 1 game vs many games LOL!

Kinda proving my point chief.

If Square brings it to many systems, who announces it might be irrelevant. Square can allow Nintendo to announce something and it still be a multiplatform game. Wasn't Word Of Final Fantasy announced on a Nintendo stream coming to Switch but also coming to XONE? Sooooo who owns it has more to do with that then simply who is announced or publishing or what happened in the past etc. So Square could announce it coming only for Switch, coming to many systems or Nintendo themselves could announce it coming only to switch or many systems.

Could happen either way as it has happened both ways before. ie facts.

Square was so schizophrenic in 2018 I don't know what to make of them anymore or what there announcements are going to look like :p

"Here's DQXI, a good old JRPG with no microtransactions and the quirky voice overs you loved from VIII!! :messenger_grinning::messenger_grinning: Here's another with Octopath Traveler!!:messenger_grinning::messenger_grinning:

"Oh we're also porting TWEWY to Switch!!:messenger_grinning::messenger_grinning: and it's $50......:messenger_anguished::messenger_anguished:

Exentryk

Its series that once appeared on a few systems ,going to other systems. The example is to show that being only on 1 system doesn't mean that is how the series will stay.
Sure, but why do you think this series (Bravely) in particular will go multiplatform for its third entry? What hints or leaks have dropped to suggest that?

Edit: Actually, don't bother. Doesn't seem like we're gonna get anywhere.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Sure, but why do you think this series (Bravely) in particular will go multiplatform for its third entry? What hints or leaks have dropped to suggest that?

Edit: Actually, don't bother. Doesn't seem like we're gonna get anywhere.

lol who cares? Just a guess man, if World Of Final Fantasy, Lost Sphere, I Am Setsuna, FFX, FFXII and many more are coming to many platforms, just a guess they might continue bringing those series to other systems is all. Switch just being handheld that outs to the tv might allow for them to do multiplatform easier ie no 2 screens situation is all. Wouldn't surprise me if they even did a collection for the first 2 games and have them on PC and PS.

Wouldn't be the first time they moved a series from 1 to the other so....who knows. Its not like we are talking about something ironclad here man.

Virex

Banned
Best RPG section doesn’t have Kingdom Come : Deliverance in it. It is the best rpg to have released this year and a fantastic game at the same time. Yet PoE 2(which is shit) is on the list.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

Don't give a flyin' fuck about Far Crys games after the release of amazing Blood Dragon. Give me similar game to Blood Dragon and I'll think about buyin' it, but everythin' else can go to hell and die from agony.

Last edited:

Dunki

Sadly this is the first time I will not be able to watch these live since I have to get up very early. But I hope we will see some really cool stuff there. Always liked this show not because of the awards but the announcements

Best RPG section doesn’t have Kingdom Come : Deliverance in it. It is the best rpg to have released this year and a fantastic game at the same time. Yet PoE 2(which is shit) is on the list.
Didn't you hear? That spinach chin fat fuck at Waypoint said it's problematic so no outlets were allowed to even play it.

Also, it may or may not be rape time biotch over there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom