• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards (TGA) 2018 |OT| Now bigger than E3

Petrae

I hope it won't be cringe show

It's *always* a cringeworthy show. It's what Keighley specializes in. The only things that "The Game Awards" are good for are:

1. Game trailers: It's nice to get some teases for what's coming for the next year (or beyond).

2. Keighley's unhealthy infatuation with Kojima: Seriously. He's all Keighley thinks about. We get it; just marry the guy already. It's like a bad sitcom where one character pines for another.

3. Social media snark: Following along on Twitter as people systematically destroy the show is the best part.

4. Few awards given on-screen: For a show called "The Game Awards", there sure aren't a lot of awards given out.

5. Tons of repetitive advertising, on and off camera: Who will this year's Schick Guy be? A walking can of Axe Body Spray? Animated Doritos and Mountain Dew? We don't have long to wait and find out.

I'd like to think that the video game industry deserves a legitimate televised awards show, but who am I kidding? It really doesn't. This is the annual shitshow it deserves.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
What are the chances he's trolling? 90%?
ba1.jpg

Last edited:

Kreydo

Those Game awards are such a masquerade... The nominees are SO fucking oriented,

Oh and you don't even have a Fighting game in the -Best eSport game- category, hilarious.

Last edited:

Toe-Knee

Wonder how a postapoc farcry will compare to rage2 and borderlands3.

Also is it the next big part of the franchise or something more fun-on-the-side a la Blood Dragon?
it follows the events of the good ending of fc5 looking at that trailer. Dlc maybe standalone IMHO

Helios

Or he has a restraining order against Dorito Pope
I don't blame them. The sexual energies emanating from those two when they're in the same room should be restricted.

Toe-Knee Toe-Knee That actually makes sense for it to be a standalone DLC since it's too soon for another main Far Cry.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Not sure if Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb are doing a stream like they used to, but I would be wary of watching anything Adam puts out. Dude has gone off his rocker the last couple years. Espouses much of the same ignorant BS that is seen on some of the largest Far-Left forums.

Please make this worthwhile with drunken development directors. Oh god please. I never realized how much I enjoyed that until last year.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I actually really enjoyed the show last year. It was better than E3 was this year.

I won't be able to watch this until late tonight when it's over though, but I'll watch the whole thing.

EGOMON

It's *always* a cringeworthy show. It's what Keighley specializes in. The only things that "The Game Awards" are good for are:

1. Game trailers: It's nice to get some teases for what's coming for the next year (or beyond).

2. Keighley's unhealthy infatuation with Kojima: Seriously. He's all Keighley thinks about. We get it; just marry the guy already. It's like a bad sitcom where one character pines for another.

3. Social media snark: Following along on Twitter as people systematically destroy the show is the best part.

4. Few awards given on-screen: For a show called "The Game Awards", there sure aren't a lot of awards given out.

5. Tons of repetitive advertising, on and off camera: Who will this year's Schick Guy be? A walking can of Axe Body Spray? Animated Doritos and Mountain Dew? We don't have long to wait and find out.

I'd like to think that the video game industry deserves a legitimate televised awards show, but who am I kidding? It really doesn't. This is the annual shitshow it deserves.
Well fuckin said I can't stand this guy and his show it is a damn shame we don't have a proper award show for the gaming industry

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Not sure if Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb are doing a stream like they used to, but I would be wary of watching anything Adam puts out. Dude has gone off his rocker the last couple years. Espouses much of the same ignorant BS that is seen on some of the largest Far-Left forums.

The last time I remember them sharing the same stage was the Bethesda conference when Fallout 4 was announced. Whenever I think of the VGA's I picture it being a one man show with Geoff Keighley at the wheel. He typically has a Q&A on Twitch. One year he even answered my question. I was super impressed.

I would like to see Adam and Morgan make a return. If not for the rewards, but for a press conference.
Ugh, McHale was an ass last time. Don't know why he'd invite him back.

I recall hearing a bunch of pins drop to the floor the last time he hosted the event or am I wrong? :messenger_winking_tongue:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Well fuckin said I can't stand this guy and his show it is a damn shame we don't have a proper award show for the gaming industry
Only one I think is an actual problem is #4.

If the advertising is not god awful, I actually don't mind. Last year I think a few things shadowdropped, there were sales, and I actually did buy a few games.

EGOMON

Only one I think is an actual problem is #4.

If the advertising is not god awful, I actually don't mind. Last year I think a few things shadowdropped, there were sales, and I actually did buy a few games.
The only thing I am looking forward to is new games announcement

Astral Dog

wait, THE LAST STORY II!!!
loved that game :messenger_open_mouth:
I would be happy with even an HD port.

Also, want to see a new trailer for Bayonetta 3

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hope they tuck the new MechWarrior5 trailer somewhere in there for more exposure, it's like pretty much nobody other than MWO players cared for MechCon.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
I dont find last year a cringe show. Thought it was awesome

I was about to say last years show was great. Keighley is really starting to figure this thing out and he's pushin out a legitimately good video games awards show. His E3 coverage for the past couple of years has been ace as well.

loki 16

Hopefully will have some exciting new game reveals. I also really want to see a new death stranding trailer.

HotPocket69

Banned
Ree is super upset Boogie got invited to the show :messenger_grinning_squinting:

And then they found out Corey Barlog (GoW director) is excited to meet him:messenger_grinning_squinting:

So now Corey is in their crosshairs :messenger_grinning_squinting:

You really cant win with that place. You're gonna go down eventually. ESPECIALLY if (god forbid) you're a straight, white dude :messenger_horns:

Last edited:

caffeware

Banned
Ree is super upset Boogie got invited to the show :messenger_grinning_squinting:

And then they found out Corey Barlog (GoW director) is excited to meet him:messenger_grinning_squinting:

You really cant win with that place. You're gonna go down eventually. ESPECIALLY if (god forbid) you're a straight, white dude :messenger_horns:

cant wait for miyamoto to get metoo too. what will they do then?

Praying for a "Fuck the Oscars!" moment repeat but someone shouting "Fuck ResetEra!" on stage.

Skyr

How many layers will keighley wear???

LOL I remember the last time McHale was hosting. He pretty much was constantly mocking and roasting dem gamer nerds throughout the show. I thought it was hilarious. Bring it on!

Last edited:
Top Bottom