• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Hacks & Translations Thread

ResetArea does not give a crap about LGTB+. As a gay dude, i really felt lot of times insucured and offended by members (including mods, those are the worst). Mods don't not care at all about homophobia. I'm not even the only gay to say. Gaf has been so far better about this, regular users are really paying attention to others.

I don't see what's wrong and illegal with the translation. There is not just one tranny model... maybe in a nazi word with one type of person, one model, one way of thinking...

PerfectWarrior

Neo Member
There is differences between translation and re-translation. The game was made almost 30 years ago, and it was translated as the original was written, so he didn`t put words of his own into the game to destroy the LGTBI collective. The worst part is that, when we finally got to understand the goemon snes games after years of waiting thanks to altruist people (and a loooot of work behind), the "prize" for them is to get bullied by the hordes of the angry ones that only wants blood.
I love hardcoregaming101, but this way of doing things was despicable at least. You can send a pm to the translator and give him some advice to change the word on a 1.1 version before calling him a rightwinger, a transphobe or whatever on the social media.

We cannot fight homophobia or transphobia spreading hate. I feel sorry for the translator, and i thank him for his hard work.

I really hope we still get Goemon 4 after all this bullshit. Disney also refused to censor their old content when they brought it to + and instead just said look this may not hold up today but it is what it is.

Holammer

I don't use Twitter but are people sticking up for the guy and telling him to ignore Resetera?

Support is pouring in now when normal people learned about ResetEra's shit flinging. What worries me is that they had planned and started working on a proper translation for Legend of Mystical Ninja. Which had a bunch of your typical 90's localization done to it.

There is differences between translation and re-translation. The game was made almost 30 years ago, and it was translated as the original was written, so he didn`t put words of his own into the game to destroy the LGTBI collective. The worst part is that, when we finally got to understand the goemon snes games after years of waiting thanks to altruist people (and a loooot of work behind), the "prize" for them is to get bullied by the hordes of the angry ones that only wants blood.
I love hardcoregaming101, but this way of doing things was despicable at least. You can send a pm to the translator and give him some advice to change the word on a 1.1 version before calling him a rightwinger, a transphobe or whatever on the social media.

We cannot fight homophobia or transphobia spreading hate. I feel sorry for the translator, and i thank him for his hard work.
Again, nothing is illegal in this translation.
The only right wing i see is coming from the hardcore 101 and resetarea. Were those trannies? Are they talking about themselves as trannies or what? As a dude that sometimes is a tranny, i f***k them with my tranny dick with passion.

Last edited:

theclaw135

Banned

Well said. In the event an original work does without question have insensitive views, bullying translators to scrub them amounts to distorting history.

Last edited:

stranno

XBg9GoG.png

Metroid Fusion (Japanese version) multi-language hack for Game Boy Advance.

The Japanese was the last version to be released (half a year after the US/EU versions) and it features an extra Hard Mode + extra ending images, so its basically the definitive version. It is based on the European version and it contains all the language strings. This hack contains five patches to swap each language: English, Spanish, French, German and Italian.

wltLCfP.png
QoEhuSb.png
x62tr2x.png
Qd62AHr.png

The Japanese version of Metroid Fusion had some changes done compared to the North American and European releases of the game. The two most notable changes were the inclusion of a Hard difficulty mode and the extra ending images. These IPS patches will force the Japanese version of the game to display text in the language of the IPS patch chosen.

When choosing the option “オトナむき(漢字あり)” the difficulties will be displayed in English. When choosing the option “コドモむき(ひらがな)” the difficulties with be in the same order, but instead listed in Hiragana.

Last edited:

stranno

9i1N5Hn.png

Madou Monogatari A: Doki Doki Vacation for Game Gear has been translated + Madō Monogatari II: Arle 16-Sai v1.2 and Madō Monogatari III: Kyūkyoku Joō-sama v1.1.

2PCjUA3.png
d6lz4Fg.png
cg4rFsd.png

All Game Gear Mado Monogatari games have been translated. Supper is going to translate other game in the series as well.
On the first day of her summer vacation from Magic Kindergarten, four-year-old magician-in-training Arle Nadja has decided to go visit her grandmother on the other side of the Fairy Forest. Since she’s such a big girl now, Arle is even allowed to go by herself! But on the way there, she comes across a strange man with wings and horns who wants to cut down the forest to build an amusement park. Determined to save her fairy friends’ precious forest, Arle sets out to put a stop to this heinous evildoing.

Madou Monogatari A: Doki Doki Vacation is a dungeon crawler by Compile, and a prequel to the original Madou Monogatari trilogy (which the better-known Puyo Puyo series was spun off from). It was initially released for the PC-98 home computer in a three-game bundle with sister games Madou Monogatari R and S, and later ported as a standalone title to the Sega Game Gear. As is typical for the series, this port bears only vague similarities to the original version; the story and dungeons are almost entirely new.

Jumpin' Kid: Jack to Mame no Ki Monogatari for NES has been FULLY translated. Which means that the title screen subtitle has been translated, since there's no more text in the game :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_ok:

5366titlescreen.png

Last edited:

stranno

GIRL patch for Ganbare Goemon 3: Shishi Juurokubee no Karakuri Manjigatame has been released.

5369screenshot1.png

Its not a DDSTranslations patch so IDK if Romhacking will allow it.

stranno

DDS has fixed the Goemon 2's Flood Sweeper mini-game glitch that happened, at least, in the 3DS/WIIU VC emulators.

xjqmSAA.gif

It can be downloaded from that tweet, but it will be updated in Romhacking soon.

stranno

VZHGFTe.png

Cooly Skunk translation for Super Nintendo (Satellaview).

ZPd8Fb2.png
dxBxnYI.png
3HtLMEl.png

This is a 100% English translation of Cooly Skunk, a platform game from 1996 by Visit. The game was assumed lost, until game preservationists found a BS-X Satellaview cartridge in a shop in Japan. All Japanese text in the game has been translated into English.

Version 1.1 changes: The status bar tilemap has been discovered, so the text on the status bar has been translated. This makes the translation 100% complete.

stranno

First update for Ganbare Goemon 2: Kiteretsu Shougun Magginesu for Super Nintendo.

- Fixed the pixelated clouds in Area 6's town when exiting the Gambling Den.
- Sped up the text display speeds and synced mouth movement to it.
- Tuned a couple of the timings of the cutscenes.
- Fixed bug for Virtual Console players when displaying the high scores for Wage Winners.
- Updated some NPC dialogues.

I have finished it (100%) in WiiU's Virtual Console and it runs perfectly (native performance problems aside, game sometimes struggles in some areas).

ShadowFX

Awesome! These games not only look good, they also play very well!
Does the 4th Ganbare Goemon also have a translation or being worked on? I couldn't find it on Romhacking.net.

Last edited:

stranno

Awesome! These games not only look good, they also play very well!
Does the 4th Ganbare Goemon also have a translation or being worked on? I couldn't find it on Romhacking.net.
The 4th game for Super Nintendo, as well as the puzzle game (Soreyuke Ebisumaru! Karakuri Meiro: Kieta Goemon no Nazo!!) and the first game re-translation, were being translated by DDS as well. But since Tom is supposed to be no longer working on translations ... nobody knows for sure.

DDS also wanted to translate the rest of the games for other platforms (like the DS game).

Last edited:

NeroDaGod

Does anyone know if there is a translation for Busin 0: Alternative Neo? What would be the best way to go about requesting one?

19739-56944.jpg

I can imagine this would be a gigantic project especially considering the fact that the game isn't exactly popular, which might make it unattractive for translators.

stranno

mfiyuK0.png

Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza - Improved Edition for Windows.

EQUIREMENTS:
Game patched to v1.04.

RECOMMENDED:
Play on HARD (most attention only for hard and more realistic/challenging difficulty).
Lock game framerate for less bugs and mouse aiming problems.

KEY CHANGES:
>Recoil animation is very low and more satisfying to shoot. No more crosshair "dancing" around (but be aware vanilla game have bullets spread).
>Bullets hit to enemy/player fixed. Enemies now reacting to damage.
>No more "empty" bullets in magazine (some bullets was only sound, wtf devs?).
>Bullets distance fixed, not disappearing mid-air (bullets range changed x3 to original).
>No more infinite respawning enemies, dead bodies not disappear anymore (most of them).
>Boss type enemies have more realistic to human HP.
>No death penalty for shooting/killing SWAT members in Sewer level (worst level in game).
>Many small needed changes and tweaks for game.
!!! Enemies AI and behavior unchanged !!!

>HARD difficulty balanced.
>Easy and Normal some balance changes.

CHANGES:

Recoil animation now very low.
(Shooting spread same (vanilla) - but no more shaking crosshair all around.)
Recoil animation now almost non existing for auto-weapons and low as possible (no more crosshair "dancing" around, just slightly left-right). But bullets shooting spread same (vanilla).

All bullets connects while shooting (how it should be).
(Bullets range fixed (x3), all bullets connects - be aware vanilla game have bullets spread)
In game was set how many bullets from magazine connects and how many is "empty" shots. Bullets range was set too short. So basically some fired bullets like "empty" (only sound) and even "good" bullets has short range (no bullet drop, just disappears). So how it was.. shooting to longer distance bullets disappears without reaching target cause that short range, shooting at closer range, some bullets connects, some of them "empty" shots.

Enemies reacting to damage.
After "All bullets connects while shooting" fix (no empty and disappearing bullets) enemies reacts to hits how it should be.

Dead bodies not disappearing anymore (most of them).
In vanilla game, killed enemies disappearing after seconds, now dead bodies stays (this change worked not for all enemies).

No infinite re-spawning enemies.
Game should be not shooting fest. Every terrorist should be threat and if you kill it - is killed.

Enemies "speed running" un-natural speed fixed to normal speed.
Enemies speed changed to normal. Boss type enemies leaved unchanged (faster than general enemies).

Boss type enemies HP changed to more to "human" levels (no more insanely bullet sponges).
Everyone should be human and challenge from Boss type enemies should be more to quickness, accuracy and caution.

No death penalty for shooting/killing SWAT members in Sewer level.
Now death penalty disabled in worst level in a game (Sewer), you can return fire to SWAT if you need.
In game, if you shoot SWAT or hostages - death penalty (instant 1000 damage to player).
It was confusing level alone, not mentioning SWAT members shooting to kill you while you have to go through them. Many players was quit playing once reached this level.

Many small and other changes.
Not worth mentioning changed stuff like e.g. increased fire extinguisher capacity, cutters reach...

stranno

Last edited:

stranno

29sKhAy.png

L.O.L Lack of Love translation for Dreamcast.

gF195r8.png
mDssMeG.png

L.O.L Lack of Love for SEGA Dreamcast - Japanese to English translation. Ver.1.0 (02.2020)

Game is fully translated to English. Menus, descriptions, gameplay graphics, friendly animals/creatures. Developers interview and VMU icon is added in bonus files. Patched files work on real SEGA hardware (and GDEMU) and emulators like Redream, NullDC, Demul or etc. For free, without external patcher - just use a simple LazyBoot tool and overwrite your files. Check added “README” file to read all patching information!

Last edited:

stranno

W7ldoGr.png

Sonic 1 Bugfixes & Optional Act Palettes hack for Genesis.

nFE3PdE.png
fim4Q3G.png
JJNnNXo.png

Dynamic Palettes Per-Act (Optional)
Fixed Demo Playback (Unnoticeable and not needed as speed cap fix ruins this)
“PRESS START BUTTON” appears
Walk-Jump Removed
Fixed Ring Timers and added quick blink animation
Special Stage jumping responds to button presses like the normal jump (hold to jump higher)
Sonic collides with water after being damaged
Removed speed cap (mentioned above)
Sonic now has the Super Dash Attack or Spin Dash from Sonic 2
Fixed the death boundary bug
Fixed the camera follow bug (barely noticeable in-game)
Fixed the water palette on the Title Screen to be consistent with gameplay
Spike Behavior fixed
Sonic’s walking animation has been tweaked to look like the 2013 mobile version and Sonic movie credits
Fixed a “remember sprite” bug where objects appear destroyed when they aren’t when RAM is full (only noticable in Debug Mode)
REV01 Background effects ported
Fixed scattered Rings underwater physics

B71kKH5l.png

Tear Ring Saga Series: Berwick Saga: Lazberia Chronicle Chapter 174 full English translation for Playstation 2.

GsFbsoul.png
QyEvZ9ol.png

How long is this game?
There are 41 missions, and total game time is usually about 60 hours.
The game is divided into 15 "chapters, " and most chapters have one main mission (mandatory) and two side missions (usually optional).
What does the translation cover?
Everything! The entire game—including menus, conversations, images, narration, and system text—are in English.
British English or American English?
American English. I'm originally from Minnesota, so don't be surprised if you see a Midwestern idiom or phrasing pop up now and then.
How's this game related to the first TearRing Saga? ...to Vestaria Saga?
Very loosely. It's a "sequel" in the same way that the Archanea Saga is related to the Jugdral Saga, that is, it's on a different continent and takes place hundreds of years later. Holmes and Katri are mentioned in passing as legendary figures, and according to the developer's notes, the ancient Zoans play a background role in the setting.
Vestaria Saga is unrelated to the TearRing Saga series in terms of setting or story.
Why did you translate X as Y? The page on [insert website here] calls it Z!
I'm the sole translator. I can make executive decisions like that. Please don't raise objections about them without a good reason.
I decided early on not to rely on older fan names for my translation, mostly because a lot of them were badly transliterated on older versions of the Serenes Wiki pages.
Where the names in my patch differ from the one used on the Serenes guide pages, it’s often because mine is closer to the Japanese, especially for bosses. For example, Serenes has “Richard” where I have “Ritchens” for リッチェンス Ritchensu.
I took inspiration from both the official names (“Volo” for ウォロー Worо̄) and from real names that are close to ones that Kaga made up (“Esteban” for イストバル Isutobaru).
For special items, I often trimmed off descriptors to make the names fit text boxes. For example, 聖弓ロスヴァイス “Holy Bow Rossweisse” is now just “Rossweisse,” otherwise it wouldn't fit in the proper text boxes.
I've essentially become the unofficial curator of the Berwick pages on the Serenes Wiki, and I plan on adjusting those pages at my own pace.
Will you be tackling Vestaria Saga after this?
Haven't you heard? Vestaria Saga has been translated, and it's available on Steam!
Even if the sequels don't get picked up by the same translators (Dangen Entertainment), I probably won't do them.
Do you mind if I stream this/post an LP of this on YouTube?
Please, go ahead! Anything that'd boost interest in the game is most welcome.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Woah, Tear Ring Saga looks pretty cool. Fire Emblem-like. I wish I had access to a copy. I’d like to try it out.

Teslerum

Woah, Tear Ring Saga looks pretty cool. Fire Emblem-like. I wish I had access to a copy. I’d like to try it out.

Tear Ring Saga IS by the guy that created Fire Emblem (After leaving the company). Berwick Saga is also the second game in its series.

This is the first game

Last edited:

stranno

Mega Man X "Better Music" Mod for MS-DOS version.

The MS-DOS port of Mega Man X was actually pretty well done, aside from one problem... the default music sounded terrible. And what's Rockman without the ROCK?

I set out to remedy this problem by scavenging out some better MIDI renditions of the original songs, converting them to the game's native XMI format, putting in the correct loop points and attempting to get the file sizes down enough so the game doesn't crash with an error.

To install the mod, extract the "XMI" folder in the zip file to Mega Man X's root directory, overwriting the files in the already existing "XMI" folder. You'll know if it worked just by going into the game and listening. And be sure to select "General MIDI" in the game's SOUND.BAT file to get the awesome music.

Although this mod will work for any MIDI sound card or setup, the Roland SC-55 was the primary testing subject while working on this. (In my case, the SCP-55).

Download

stranno

Earth Seeker full translation for Wii has been updated to v0.202.

Hello, and welcome to the « Earth Seeker English translation patch » guide.
Before I start to explain how to apply it to the disc, please let me write a few words
about the game.
« Earth Seeker » is a Wii-exclusive game, developed by Crafts & Meister and Kadokawa
Shoten, which was released in Japan on 06.23.2011.
According to official numbers, the game sold rather poorly, and thus was never
localized outside of Japan.
As for me, I looked for a translation patch for this game on the Internet years after its
release, and found out it was never completely done.
There were several people who tried, and I’d like to take the occasion to thank
Doombringer, Wyndcrosser, and Quantico for their research, as it helped me a lot in my
work.
Anyway, since all of them seemed to have met troubles with patching the game, I
started from scratch : this is probably the right time for me to tell people that neither
am I a native English speaker, , n n or do I speak Japanese.
Thus did I help myself with Google Translation, personal research, and the rare
websites which had tested the game and gave some hints about the story ( Fangirl,
please be praised for your extensive review which helped me A LOT).
I tried to stay true to the story as much as I could, but if you find any mistake,
misspelling, or if I simply got a part of the story wrong, kindly report it on the forum
where this patch was published, so I can try to improve it.
Just remember this is still beta, and that, to some extent, « to translate is to betray ».
I hope you will appreciate my work anyway, and I wish you a very pleasant journey in
« Earth Seeker »’s universe.Yours sincerely.

It can be used through Riivolution or patching the image directly (link).

stranno

Three cool new hacks.

Kid Chameleon The Last Showdown (Genesis). Hack of Kid Chameleon.

7DbZqj3.png
0nsrnB0.png
NDnTUlC.png
fZgVg9V.png

New hack for kid chameleon, new 106 maps, new palletes for enemy, masks and themes, alternative palletes secrets and much more, have fun

For some reason the Readme of this hack is the Readme of Kega Fusion :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Go-Go! Ice Challenge Ultimate! (NES) Hack of Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu: Subette Koronde Dairantou.

EkGEROO.png
2qeShOu.png
DkoKB1v.png
IRQF5xp.png

This is an expansion of Nekketsu Hockey with:

new teams (32 in total)
new fields (8 in total)
new super shots (35 in total)
new team abilities
added music from other nekketsu games (28 in total)
new options in the main menu (mode, difficulty, time and more)
new stage in story mode
Credits to TransBRC for Original Translation.

Mother: 25th Anniversary Edition - Mother (Japan) Version (NES). Hack of Mother.

t8b4HDH.png
2XVcNFZ.png
dBljpqR.png
uY37bGq.png

This version of Mother: 25th Anniversary Edition is a ROM hack of the Japanese release of Mother.

Mother: 25th Anniversary Edition aims to make Mother much more enjoyable for both Earthbound fans and those playing it for the first time.

All enemy graphics, NPC sprites and tiles are be redrawn from scratch to be more faithful to the clay models. The goofy enemies are goofier and the creepy enemies are creepier. A shiny new font and title screen was added, too!

The overworld has been tweaked to be much less bleak and repetitive, so it’s harder to get lost. There is more scenery, areas are more colorful and confusing areas like Duncan’s factory have been simplified. On the other hand, tiny areas like the Cemetery or Snowman have been expanded.

There are also a lot of changes under the hood. Enemies will yield slightly more exp and the encounter rate has been readjusted. The “Dangerous Foe” battle theme is used less often and party members will be met at a higher level. DragonDePlatino’s goal in creating this hack was to make Mother less challenging, but still quite difficult.

And last but not least, this hack uses Tomato’s official Mother 1 + 2 translation, adapted for the NES. Over 1400 lines of text have been altered to create connections with the rest of the series, improve clarity and shorten reading time. This hack will also feature much quicker battle text courtesy of vince94. Battles progress almost twice as quickly!

Last edited:

RScrewed

Qualify of life improvement hacks mega-list here:

Last edited:

stranno

Soul Eater: Medusa no Inbou full translation for Nintendo DS. I have played ~2 hours and its a pretty terrible game, tbh. Maybe anime/manga fans would find it appealing.

stranno

Brand Newman, the author of the Earth Seeker translation, has released a new Wii translation, YAY! :messenger_horns:

5575titlescreen.jpg

Ikenie No Yoru (Night of the Sacrifice).

- The translation pack includes the assets to mod de ISO and the Riivolution patch.
- Remember to set the launcher to NTSC, NTSC 480P or Disc by Default.
- You need to copy the savegame included in the translation pack in order to boot the game. Just launch the game first, get to the error screen, turn off the console and copy the savegame using the Wii's native tool.
- It supports the Balance Board!! It doesnt add much to the gameplay but its a good gimmick.

This patch will translate the survival horror game “Ikenie No Yoru” (or Night of the Sacrifice) for Wii into English.

It can be used on a retail disc with Riivolution (note: vWii for Wii U seems to have compatibility issues with Riivolution), or on an ISO.

If you’re using a real Wii or an old version of Dolphin, please keep in mind you’ll have to install the savefile enclosed in the zip for the game to launch on a non-Japanese console.

Instruction for patching an ISO and copying the savefile are provided in the “readme” enclosed.

EviLore EviLore He has been banned from GAF for, apparently, an unfair reason.

Last edited:

stranno

Club Nintendo Picross (aka Picross Nintendo Special) has been fully translated to English.

F1pdUgn.png

- Menu translated.
- Banner translated.
- All .jtex graphics translated.

Current problems (only visual problems left):
- So picross names doesn't fit (16 symbols for regular picrosses; 3 and 8 symbols for microsses).
- Big space between letters. I can't swap ingame font with font from other translated picrosses.

How to install:
- Unpack archive and copy "00040000000BB500" folder into "Luma" -> "Titles" folder
* To get translated banner you need to extract and rebuild game cia.

stranno

Metal Max 3 (Nintendo DS) has been fully translated to English.

Last edited:

stranno

4tMHC4h.png

Rogue Hearts Dungeon (Playstation 2) has been fully translated to English.

zfnkXzr.png
CTtztr3.png

hzgOPn9.jpg
PjVijrs.jpg

This is a complete English Translations For The Ps2 Game Rogue Hearts Dungeon.(SLPM_667.36 release)
This is the first beta release of the patch, so expect some typos or in game visual errors, however it doesn't bring up lots because it was tested.
For more information about bugs, jump to known bugs section.

Contact Information And Misc:

To contact me about this release send an email to: tgen.translations@gmail.com
If you think that my work is worth a donation you can send paypal donations over
to that same account, you will truly help me.

This is what this patch translates:

-Story Text

-Menu Text

-Items/Gear

-System Messages

-Map Display Menu

-Miscellaneus Messages

-Bestiary

This is what is NOT Translated:

-Opening video.

-Ending Video (Contains just credits)

Last edited:

Brand Newman

Neo Member
Hello my fellow video games fans,

For those of you who are interested by the game, I wanted to warn you that my English patch for Takt of Magic for Wii has been released, and can be downloaded at the following address (use the Google drive link if Romhacking.net isn’t working, although a nice review would be much appreciated if you like my work).

Download link:
Takt of Magic English Translation Patch Thread

Here's a little “promotional” video I made, if I may say… you might even find out about my two previous translations of Earth Seeker (Earth Seeker English Patch) and Ikenie No Yoru, aka Night of the Sacrifice (Night of the Sacrifice English Patch).

Hope you’ll enjoy the game, don’t hesitate to give feedback if you need help or just want to say “Hi”!

Yours trully.

Bullet Club

WonderSwan Color Wizardry Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord Translated to English​

Wizardry Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord is the start to a classic franchise that is seemingly lost to history. What was once a leader in the role-playing game (RPG) genre is now all but forgotten by most gamers. That is if they knew it at all in the first place. The WonderSwan Color is a portable by Bandai that never left Japan. Those brave enough to import a Wizardry title know that most have an English option. It is often buried in the Japanese menus, but it is there. This translation patch fixes that by giving you a fully translated copy of the game.

Wizardry is a gaming legacy​

First introduced to gamers in 1981 Wizardry Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord was unique. It found moderate success on the Apple II computer and then later platforms. You are tasked with creating a party of up to six adventurers before embarking on the story.

There is only one dungeon in Wizardry Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord. Do not let that throw you off though as there are ten levels in that single dungeon. Like Alternate Reality: The Dungeon, also sporting one multilevel dungeon, you are going to have your fight here.

Wizardry is no walk in the park.

Wizardry Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord has gotten around​

There are tons of ports for this Sir-Tech Software role-playing game. From DOS to Commodore 64 and even the Nintendo Game Boy, the ability to play has been there. Another fan translation patch, this time for the Super Nintendo, saw the original trilogy of Wizardry titles translated. This was accomplished due to Japan getting a single cartridge that contained all three original games.

Much like that fan translation for the SNES trilogy, additional fixes were made. The English option in the standard game contained a lot of grammatical errors. Those, and other problems, are fixed in this fan translation.

On the WonderSwan Color we get the first game since there is no trilogy release on one cartridge. That is fine because we also see a slightly different version of Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord. For one, this version is portable. Second, there are slight graphical differences between WonderSwan and Super Nintendo versions. Nothing that would warrant a fan skipping one for the other if we are talking the first game.

This is an old school RPG. There is no tutorial, no getting started guide, or similar hand holding here. You create a party and are thrown into the thick of things – the deep end if you will.

If you want to grab a copy of the translation, then head over to ROMHacking.net and grab it. I cannot link to the ROM file though as that is illegal.

Source: Retro Gaming Mag

Brand Newman

Neo Member
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to inform you that Gummi and I have released a translation patch for the Wii Japanese exclusive "Zangeki No Reginleiv".

In case anyone of you is interested in trying what can be considered as "Earth Defense Force meets the Lord of the Rings" :messenger_beaming:, please find below the trailer and the download link!

Trailer:

Patch link:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6025/

Top Bottom