• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gaming Podcasts Thread

Bullet Club

A thread for gaming podcasts.

You can post links to your favourite podcasts in here. Talk about the podcasts you like or maybe the ones you dislike. Talk about old podcasts you used to love etc., etc.

A new episode of Tetracast, the RPG podcast has been released.

ACG-The Best Gaming Podcast #166 PS4 Games on PC, Cyberpunk Delayed, Youtube Channel Hacks, PS5 and Xbox Rumors, And more!

Retronauts Episode 267: The Holy Grails of Collecting

Bullet Club

Just dumping a few of more podcasts in here.

8-4 Play 1/10/2020: SUPER PODCAST 2020

How Did This Get Played? Death Stranding

Unreleased Games Consoles - The Retro Hour EP205

I've tried listening to Retronauts recently after a long break. I tried multiple times to listen to their 2009 retrospect episode, but quit everytime. Jeremy was just so bitchy it was unbearable. The show was so good back in the 1up days, but has gone downhill since returning.
My goodness. Retronauts went from being one of my favorite podcasts to being almost unbearable. I used to have a job where I could listen to music/podcasts about 75% of the time and Retronauts used to hit that perfect spot of reality vs nostalgia and then it slowly turned into shitting on everything which destroyed the nostalgia factor completely. I used to listen to tons of Retronauts on the job and it was great, but ya not so much anymore

Good to see some podcasts I haven't heard of before in this thread. I've mostly stopped listening to gaming podcasts because the ones I used to rock have mostly turned into shit, I'm definitely going to check some of these out,

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Recently got into

Created by former Game Informer employees Ben Hanson, Kyle Hilliard, Suriel Vazquez, and Jeff Marchiafava, Minnmax creates videos/podcasts focused on games, friends, and getting better

I always enjoyed Ben Hanson when he hosted The Game Informer Podcast (which I still listen to occasionally).

Also, I've been kind of enjoying Gamespot After Dark and the IGN UK Podcast mainly because they're both a little chill

I still listen to the Strategy Podcast Three Moves Ahead now and then though a lot depends on what game they are talking about.

As for Podcasts of old, GFW Radio, 97.5 The Brodeo (the Karl 'Fooking Legend' Tanner of Early Gaming Podcasts)

Great piece about it here: -

Also, obligatory GAF related Heroes of the web: -

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I’ll make a list of gaming podcasts I know of that aren’t infested with a screeching liberal agenda:

- 8-4 Play
- Nestalgia

That is all.
Sacred Symbols certainly isn't. That's Collin Moriaritys playstation podcast. Player One podcast is pretty minimal with it.
Side note: Is there a decent anime podcasts out there? I've tried Anncast on several occasions but I find the main host quite insufferable.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Sacred Symbols certainly isn't. That's Collin Moriaritys playstation podcast. Player One podcast is pretty minimal with it.
Side note: Is there a decent anime podcasts out there? I've tried Anncast on several occasions but I find the main host quite insufferable.
I’ve never listened to Sacred Symbols, so I can’t comment on that.

Player One is good and I still listen to it, BUT Phil is an embarrassing imitation of a man in his forties who went on a screeching trip this last six months with the talking points of the worst teenage ResetEra drone. Almost made me stop listening, although he seems to have reined it in the last few episodes and to be biting his tongue. Maybe one of his cohorts has a brain and told him to grow up, be less pathetic and act his age?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I’ve never listened to Sacred Symbols, so I can’t comment on that.

Player One is good and I still listen to it, BUT Phil is an embarrassing imitation of a man in his forties who went on a screeching trip this last six months with the talking points of the worst teenage ResetEra drone. Almost made me stop listening, although he seems to have reined it in the last few episodes and to be biting his tongue. Maybe one of his cohorts has a brain and told him to grow up, be less pathetic and act his age?
you still listen to player one?

Y I K E S
I
K
E
S

Cuck One

Last edited:

Bullet Club

In a week full of major delays, we luck into a juicy report of Horizon: Zero Dawn releasing on PC in 2020.

CLICK HERE FOR TIME STAMPS!

00:00:39 - Corrections
00:02:32 - Tough Bouncers
00:05:45 - Horizon: Zero Dawn May Come to PC
00:23:53 - Sony Skipping E3 Again
00:46:33 - Big Delays for 2020’s Big Games
01:00:35 - This Week in Joker News
01:01:27 - L&R: Game: Underrated or Overrated
01:14:09 - L&R: Do we let hype rule us?
01:25:26 - Time for Bets
01:30:27 - Closing

TriSuit666

Banned
I tend to listen to a lot of UK focussed retro podcasts mainly around classic arcades and retro computing, so:

The Retro Hour Podcast (and I know the peeps who make this)
Ten Pence Arcade
RGDS Podcast
The Retro Asylum
Arcade Perfect (which isn't UK, but NZ or Aussie, I think)
Amigos Retro Gaming
Coin Rejects
Arcade Attack

TechJunk

DLC is my favourite one.
I also listen to Xbox centric ones, like The Xbox Drive, Multiform and Unlocked.
Sacred Symbols has great discussions.

I enjoy Easy Allies, Nintendo Dads, MinnMax, and Sacred Symbols. Kinda go through phases where I listen to one for a while and then switch to another.

Animagic

Banned
I used to really love Retronauts, but Jeremy Parish and Bob what’s his name just can’t help themselves putting “resist trump” bullshit in their fucking podcast about retro games.

also the way they talk shit about everything makes them seem like truly miserable people. A total drag.

I tend to listen to a lot of UK focussed retro podcasts mainly around classic arcades and retro computing, so:

The Retro Hour Podcast (and I know the peeps who make this)
Ten Pence Arcade
RGDS Podcast
The Retro Asylum
Arcade Perfect (which isn't UK, but NZ or Aussie, I think)
Amigos Retro Gaming
Coin Rejects
Arcade Attack

Thanks for this, I’ll check them out as replacements

Last edited:
I used to really love Retronauts, but Jeremy Parish and Bob what’s his name just can’t help themselves putting “resist trump” bullshit in their fucking podcast about retro games.

also the way they talk shit about everything makes them seem like truly miserable people. A total drag.
I used to enjoy both Jeremy and Bob, but ya, they slowly turned into unbearable weirdos. The whole fued between Bob and Colin Moriarty was straight up bizarre

Bullet Club

This week, we dive into the deep end of Final Fantasy VII Remake spoilers. Let’s talk about that ending! If you haven’t finished the game yet, don’t worry — we’ll warn you before we get there.

Plus, we chat with the inimitable Ramone Russell from San Diego Studio for an update on all things MLB The Show. Listen in!

Stuff We Talked About
  • MLB The Show interview with Ramone Russell
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake spoiler discussion at the end of the show
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • Stranded Deep out now on PS4
  • Snowrunner
  • Predator Hunting Grounds
  • God of War’s second anniversary

Born from the ashes of the Super Best Friendcast, Castle Superbeast is my go to video game podcast. The two hosts, Pat and Woolie, discuss video game news and go on random tangents. It's got a loose feel I really enjoy.

Bullet Club

Your weekly dose of our TheXboxHub podcast is here, discussing all sorts of gaming news, opinions about a selection of recent releases, and anything interesting going on in other forms of media. In TheXboxHub Official Podcast Episode 28 you can expect talk regarding Xbox Game Pass, lockdown activities, and ideas regarding films or TV shows that would possibly be worth adapting into video games.

This week the trio of Gareth, James and Richard launch almost immediately into the huge announcement that Red Dead Redemption 2 would be heading into the Xbox Game Pass library in May. It sparks speculation over the recent GTA 6 rumours and the way in which content is apparently going to be delivered periodically. Then the team discuss other non-gaming things they’ve been up to, including watching all the Pirates of the Caribbean (yes, all 5) movies and a new sci-fi show called DEVS.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
There's a new Kinda Funny XBox podcast called the XCast.

It has Alanah Pierce, Gary Witta, and someone named Dirtbike Mike. I usually like Alanah Pierce on podcasts but she seems to be in full on XBox propaganda mode here. Gary Witta seems to share honest opinions. Dirtbike Mike is a terrible host that doesn't act human.

shaowebb

Been awhile but some of you might remember I used to be a constant presence here at one time for fighting games.

Well it looks like through happenstance I may now be part of a regular fighting game podcast.

Started replying to a kof tweet the other day and it led to hours of deep mechanics discussion with the guy I was tweeting to on dozens of fighting games. As it turns out he was looking for someone to talk to on a fighting game podcast hes starting. His name is Keo-bas.

We recorded it yesterday and any feedback is welcome.

Like me,Keo-bas has tried for years to play and study absolutely anything in the fighting game genre and believe me a ton of games come up in this. Battle fantasia, phantom breaker, street fighter 3, world heroes, breakers revenge, hisouten and touhou fighters, kof, tvc, nitroplus blastez, arcana heart...just a lotta system mechanics and stuff came up..

We talked bout where fighting games are at now, what people want them to do moving forward, and the state of things as well as just a ton of gaming lore and by the end of it we were pretty hype at times lol.

Give it a listen. Any feedback welcome. Its out first one and we'd like to keep more fighting game podcast episodes coming to bring people more info and discussions on em all.

Bullet Club

Welcome back! It is a new Tuesday, which means tonight there will be a new episode of Spot Dodge: A Live Nintendo Podcast exclusively on Destructoid. Topics: Tonight, we’re discussing the biggest games slated for 2023 — from heavy hitters like Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 and Final Fantasy XVI to smaller but ambitious games like Replaced and Planet of Lana.

Top Bottom