• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GoldenEye 007 XBLA remake has leaked

HE1NZ

Banned
Works beautifully on my 360.

Looks like 1080p game with AA. Runs at 60 fps. Very smooth and clean image.

You can switch between new graphics and original. Original adds some cool looking fuzzy filter to make it appear low res. Looks pretty cool.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Works beautifully on my 360.

Looks like 1080p game with AA. Runs at 60 fps. Very smooth and clean image.

You can switch between new graphics and original. Original adds some cool looking fuzzy filter to make it appear low res. Looks pretty cool.
is it hard to mod a 360? i have an old day 1 360 laying around the house

nkarafo

Compared to the 3DS version, yes it is. Better framerate, nicer graphics, faster scrolling text, and gyro aiming was all it needed to be as good as it was. I wouldn't go back to the original though.
I would.

3DS version also messes with the art direction a lot, ruining the atmosphere in some areas/dungeons.

Spukc

10 hours premiere for a streaming? Really?

I guess they're installing RGH right now :messenger_tears_of_joy:
i was going to watch this for some more insight.. not to hear manbabies paying cash for super chats and them reading the chat like some monkey fuck man.
XD

WAIT i think we missed some SUPERCHATS :sick:

*hi this is dickbuddy69 what is your favorite hairgel?*

Last edited:

stranno

i was going to watch this for some more insight.. not to hear manbabies paying cash for super chats and them reading the chat like some monkey fuck man.
XD
I don't think they have much more info than Graslu (the longplay-guy).

And it's locked 60 fps all along so.. yeah.

TheContact

they did a good job on the perfect dark remaster for xbla a while back. 007 could have been done a long time ago too

Calverz

Works cool. The occasional stutter and loss of music in the menus but runs great. Shame we dont have online play. Maybe someone can implement it eventually.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Runs very well on my Xbox.

Are you playing from usb or did you install to your 360 hard drive? I've tried emulating on Xenia and it's pretty good but stutters, have you noticed any stuttering on console?

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
I’ve tried both, no stutters on console.
Fantastic, thanks. For a release like this is it possible to install the game onto the console hard drive or does it have to run via usb drive? I'm looking in to modding my 360 for this.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Dont want to dust off my xbox, how bad are the stutters on xenia?

For me it seemed like a framepacing issue almost, a noticeable hitch every couple of seconds and some slowdown in larger areas. Not sure if the slowdown is there on console.

RNG

I can't see shit in Statue with the new graphics lol. Had to juggle between old and new to know where I was going.

Griffon

Runs great on Xenia. It's real good.

Damn I wish there were more games like this.

Last edited:

bee

yeah runs even better than perfect dark in xenia, sure brings back some memories

1440p, 21:9

xenia_canary_2021_02_jgk7h.png

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I was working at Babbage's when this came out.
Fond memories of the salty tears all the moms had when they tried to buy a game for an Xmas gift back when pre-ordering actually mattered.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This is a dream come true, I wish this had actually come out on XBLA. Whatever prevented this was a travesty. This is a great update/middle ground to full remaster, super fun.

bee

WOAAAh

what are your settings in config to make this
make a shortcut to xenia.exe and add "--d3d12_resolution_scale=2" without quotes to the target, then goto documents/xenia find either xenia.config.toml or xenia-canary.config.toml , open with a text editor and find "present_letterbox = true" and set it to false, set aspect to 21:9 in game

Last edited:

Spukc

make a shortcut to xenia.exe and add "--d3d12_resolution_scale=2" without quotes to the target, then goto documents/xenia find either xenia.config.toml or xenia-canary.config.toml , open with a text editor and find "present_letterbox = true" and set it to false, set aspect to 21:9 in game
thanks dude!

Will a jtag modded 360 play this? Thinking about buying one now just for this. Or what type of modded 360 would I needed. I know there are others.

And if so, does it play off USB, do you install the rom on the hard drive? Is it easy? Etc etc.

Last edited:

Calverz

yeah runs even better than perfect dark in xenia, sure brings back some memories

1440p, 21:9

xenia_canary_2021_02_jgk7h.png
Can i just ask how you acheived this? Despite changing to 21:9 in the watch menu, i still have black bars either side of the image.

Top Bottom