• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Good Life from SWERY (D4, Deadly Premonition) Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHK_Hero

Just got a mailer from the game funding site Fig. Seems they are partnering with SWERY's new studio 'White Owls' to fund a game which sounds as quirky as something you'd expect from the master of the bizarre himself.

6e2b8d96-0d6e-45e4-b4fd-bb4df02e7d81.png

The game is set in Rainy Woods, the self-proclaimed "happiest town in the world." Here, you'll play as Naomi, a photographer from New York who finds herself stuck in this small town in rural England. She's found a way to pay off the massive debt she's accumulated, but she soon discovers that the town is hiding a very bizarre secret...

At night, all of the town's residents turn into cats.

Full announcement message.

Drown me in clam chowder if old.

EDIT: To clarify, this game will be crowdfunded. Added Gbraga's concept art image link.

FIG Campaign Link

If you are part of the "Fig first look club" you are allowed to pledge and invest already.

Funding goal is $1.5 million for those that don't know. Early bird is $25, normal edition $29. All US dollars.

Hey everyone! Happy to see that you're all so excited about The Good Life! The campaign does not open to the public for a couple of weeks, but here are some single use codes to access the campaign now - please make sure to mark them as used if you redeem one.

giphy.webp

Steam and PS4 are the currently planned platforms.

(from Fig) more codes posted for those who want access:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wg-WjEPGwUJWdywkDeqzq2TmG8e8KpFLIzpU_y3M3-c/edit?usp=sharing

Please replace the code with "redeemed"

Once these are gone, just sign up on the launch page and we'll send out periodic batches.

We do Backstage Pass so we can collect feedback before the campaign goes public, so please feel free to let us know what rewards you'd like to see. Also, Swery mentioned in a tweet that Xbox is not completely ruled out.

epmode

This sounds so great.

..but I think that email is confidential for now. It takes you to an in-development page on Fig.

Rockk

Is this an adaptation of the book he was writing? The one about the psychic detective cat or something.

Sounds great.

low-G

I think it seems really cool, looks good, and I think Swery could pull it off, but $1.5 million may be way too much for the type of game and Swery brand... (and price of pledging too)

I'd be in for it anyways.

Jawmuncher

So what will the gameplay look like? Can't say I'm interested in the Art Style oresented unless I see something in motion

It sounded like typical Swery (which I'm totally fine with BTW) until:

At night, all of the town's residents turn into cats.
I'm now 100% in. He's embraced the weirdness he displayed in D4 with the cat girl. Now hopefully Kaysen shows up in this one too. Heck, maybe even York could make an appearance.

The concept sounds a bit like an idea I had for a short story a few years ago. A boy who seemed to live the perfect life only to find out everyone he knew were actually dogs.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Should be mentioned this game will be crowd-funded.

As others mentioned, Rainy Woods was the original name of Deadly Premonition, so interesting.

This honestly sounds so much like a SWERY game I can't take it, call me excited. From the cat people to the town name to the main character to seediness in a small society, to clue collecting.

Naomi being able to turn into a cat is interesting as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom