• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Great Courses Plus has a half off promotion, $10/month, all you can eat lectures

I used to subscribe to TGC+ and stopped, they mailed me a half off promotion recently, I am pretty sure anybody can use it.

https://www.thegreatcoursesplus.com/3MonthOffer

It's $30 for every 3 months, cancel anytime. You can also try their regular "first month free, $20/m after" promotion.

www.thegreatcourses.com used to be called "The Teaching Company", they sell their courses piecemeal. Their video courses are usually $100-$300 each so only libraries can afford them; the audio versions are much cheaper because you can buy them through audible.com and pay the usual audible promotional price.

www.thegreatcoursesplus.com is their new subscription-based venture since everything is going Sportify nowadays. I would say about half of the lectures on TGC.com are on TGC+.com

I can't speak for other categories but I watch online history lectures for fun, I have watched about half of all history lectures from Coursera, edX, TGC, youtube, and Apple's shitty iTunes U. I even download everything I watch offline because I am old fashion like that. IMO TTC/TGC has much better quality history lectures taught by university professors. The only thing they don't do is they don't give out homeworks and give out certificates. So their format is so where between documentary and online lectures.

Their hobbies series is also excellent.

It's strange to me that there are so many rabid hardcore history podcast fans on GAF. Yet there are much better contents online, most of them can be had for free frankly. I had always wanted to pimp TGC+ and never get around to, now is as good a time as ever.

Might be a reaction to Skillshare.com being pushed by many YouTubers right now with promotion links that bring it to $10/month for annual subscriptions.

Top Bottom