• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTA 5 Trailer Talk Thread

PnCIa

RagnarokX said:
That's definitely Tehachapi. That's the route you take over the mountains to the Mojave Desert on the way to Vegas.
Las Vegas DLC confirmed!!!!
Aside from that, i think this looks better than RDR, especially because GTA has a lot more going on at the same time.

disap.ed

Rad- said:
Graphically a bit disappointing. Looks like GTA4 engine with higher res / more AA. But I guess that's exactly what it is.

As far as the setting... I hope it's not another gang themed one. SA had the worst setting in a modern GTA imo.

WTF? My first impression was that these graphics aren't possible on current gen (we will see if they are ...)

MNC

Tommy Vercetti hires CJ and hobo Niko in an all new GTA experience where friend and foe of the 3 past GTA games meet.

No seriously, how great would it be if Tommy, Niko and CJ all ended up on the same team or something.

Initially, I was a little disappointed after watching the first couple of times, but repeated watches have got me really interested. I have no sound, so can someone transcribe the audio? I'd like to know what is being said. Is it really Vercetti? If we do play as an old guy, that'd actually be pretty awesome.

dwebo

Neuromancer said:
Bank robbery scene looked cool. Let's hope it's better than the one from IV.
Actually, as I was paused there anyway, that looks more like a jewelry store heist. Background even looks like rodeo drive.

McNei1y

Metal-Geo said:
Claude? He's in Liberty City Stories and Vice City, I believe. Or at least, mentioned in Vice City.

He was in San Andreas as well during some racing missions in the country area.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
pa22word said:
I'm slightly disappointed they skipped over Vice City, but it's not a big deal. Oh and I don't think the lead is anyone we've seen before. Tommy was too crazy to ever settle down, not to mention he'd be nearly 70 by the time this game takes place.
I think Tommy would be around 60. Which looks about right with the guy shown.

I don't know why game developers think playing old guys is fun. CJ was a good age.

Spokker said:
How did you determine that it was Mount Chilliad?

Because it's a giant mountain in a trailer filled with San Andreas license plates?

Again, I think people are too quick to think this is just Los Santos. I suspect the coming trailers will reveal all 3 cities. No way they have that mountain in the background and all the farmland with only 1 city.

Multiple protagonists? I'm telling you guys this is going to be a remake of Crash, the Oscar winning movie of 2004. I can't wait!

Biggzy

olimpia84 said:
So people are disappointed that you play as an older guy? What's the problem with that?

Nothing I am glad R* are working with an older character and not just some lower class Black/White guy like past games in the franchise. I can remember back when it was shown you would play Niko in GTA 4 and everyone was up in arms about it- including me. Yet I thought it didn't turn out too bad. So I have faith in R* that they will make the character interesting.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
xxracerxx said:
You just know you will play 2 characters this time.

One the "retiring" rich older white guy

Two the rags to riches younger black guy
This sounds very plausible actually.

I'm expecting a very Walt-Jesse relationship from Breaking Bad.

Vire

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Initially, I was a little disappointed after watching the first couple of times, but repeated watches have got me really interested. I have no sound, so can someone transcribe the audio? I'd like to know what is being said. Is it really Vercetti? If we do play as an old guy, that'd actually be pretty awesome.
Same exact feeling I had.

What if you could choose from past GTA characters and all their stories interweave but from different perspectives depending on who you choose. Tommy is rich and retired, CJ is trying to go straight and is broke and fucked up and so on? That would be HUGE!!!

Plywood said:
The visuals are nice, but count me in the not sold pile. Why does Rockstar think they're such good storytellers?

lol WHAT? what in that trailer makes you think that "Rockstar think they're such good storytellers"? having a voice over is by default a pompous attempt to appear as revered storytellers? or what?

it's almost as if you're acting all unimpressed to be cool. i could be wrong though. maybe Rockstar really are saying in that trailer "hey look at us, we think we're the best storytellers in the whole wide world!"

what the fuck mang seriously

Dennis

Banned
iWFBuWXjQ4dgs.gif

Enco

Some of the criticisms here are a bit silly.

Same old gameplay so it's gonna be boring?
Poor graphics?
No VC so no buy?
No female lead no buy?

Seriously?

Keep in mind that the first San Andreas trailer only showed LA. It wasn't until trailer two that we saw San Fierro and Las Venturas.

Wow, the shading and colors they use for the humans is really impressive, really pushes them into the photo realistic realm. It's amazing how much they can still squeeze out of these consoles.

Mik2121

Exile550 said:
Man, Rockstar sure can't get out of their comfort zone with GTA.
Uhm... 90's Liberty City 60's London, 2013 Liberty City, 80's Vice City, 90's San Andreas, 00's Liberty City, 00's San Andreas...

Yep, they are definitely stuck in their comfort zone. And let's not talk about any of the other games they have worked on, like that one Wild West game...

Spokker

Net_Wrecker said:
Because it's a giant mountain in a trailer filled with San Andreas license plates?

Again, I think people are too quick to think this is just Los Santos. I suspect the coming trailers will reveal all 3 cities.
The trailer shows just Los Santos. And if the game takes place in just Los Santos, it would still feature San Andreas license plates on every car. You are licensed to operate an automobile by the state no matter what city you live in within that state.

There could be trailers featuring the other cities or 15 other cities. We just don't know.

No way they have that mountain in the background and all the farmland with only 1 city.
The diversity of Southern California alone is staggering. You could ski in the mountains and surf at the beach all in one day.

which guy/ when in the trailer was donald love shown?

haha if it was CJ,Tommy and the quiet guy from GTA III as the leads D: D: D: mind blown

Fowler

I have a funny feeling the three guys in the bug-killing truck pulling off a robbery are your three main characters.

DarkChild

Banned
StevieP said:
There are 2 things to take out of this post that are correct.

1) If there is a Wii U version it will look better than PS360 due to simply having newer hardware
2) There is no way that's running on PS360 and will see a visual downgrade on those platforms

With that said, they're showing the PC version. This is the PC version in the trailer. That is the strongest platform, that is the one the game is being developed on, and that is the one they're going to show off in any trailers.
Its just that R* never shows bullshots or pre rendered movies. Its most likely from PS360 if not from WiiU. You can pretty much spot FXAA in it...

Top Bottom