• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTA 5 Trailer Talk Thread

Spokker

UnluckyKate said:
I looked it up before posting. The structures is much larger and beside the crane, there no sign of extensive harbor around it.
That's a port.

There will be a port in this game.

Dennis

Banned
ibymwb3sj7ZuCN.gif

theRizzle said:
Well, one of those rumors was multiple protagonists, so at some point you could play as the black guy AND the white guy! *gasp*

I bet it's going to have a RDR-style twist at the end. I can feel it!

Father dies. Son takes over.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, the beginning had me feeling that it was a Vice City - but the rest still looked great as well I had to say, especially the lighting and setting.

GTAIV nailed the city life look this gen, and this one topped IV real easy in that short footage alone.

GUYS, STOP MOANING ABOUT THEM 'REDOING' CITIES. Liberty City was so very different between 3 and IV that they were entirely different cities, just with the same name.

It was always going to be set in America, and why the hell should it not be? (I ask this as a Londoner) So they really have the choice of California, Florida and NYC, because, as much as you might say otherwise, there's fuck all else in terms of really interesting gameplay locales. Chicago would be nice for a little bit, as would a dozen other American cities, but none of them are as ideal as the 'big three'.

The game map in GTA V will be UNRECOGNISABLE to even the most die-hard of San Andreas fans. I just don't get the moaning people get up to on GAF sometimes

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You just know you will play 2 characters this time.

One the "retiring" rich older white guy

Two the rags to riches younger black guy

mclem said:
Brief cameo in San Andreas (You do a bunch of missions for Catalina; he appears in the end of the chain when she heads off to Liberty City)
She calls him fido, But the game code called him claude in GTA3 and SA.

Ydahs

Leonsito said:
Doesn't look realtime for me, some parts look like rendered on engine.
I feel the same way too, but the parts that are clearly real time still look very good too.

-BLITZ-

AiTM said:
gta52f7z5.gif

Yea thats gotta be Mount Chililad, only mountain in San Andreas that size. Mount Chilliad was south of San Fierro ( San Francisco) so maybe it is all 3 cities.

Can you imagine how the most important buildings and skyscrapers in San Fransisco[San Fierro] will look like if Los Santos already a glamour. I'm wondering Las Venturas will look like with all his flashing lights.

RdN said:
Expand on this, please.

I think Liotta said if he knew Vice City was going to be as big as it was, he would have asked for more money.

After hearing that Rockstar said they wouldn't want to work with him again.

X26

Banned
clouds moving so fast in a couple scenes is weird, but is probably just to show off the tech in the series of quick cuts

Leucrota

Game seems like it will have character and emotional depth. The main character will have a family, a la RDR. Seems fucking awesome. More so than just another game where you drive around and shoot shit.

GTA is evolving, and I like.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Kung Fu Grip said:
What? Hell no! This looks way better than red dead. The lighting, animation, texures. Everything.

Its the Wii U. I m telling you. If not the mods can tag me with " Dummest fucking memeber on the planet".

Theres no way thats running on PS360. Sorry.

Oh, lol smiley, how I lament your lack of presence.

I will instead assume this is a joke post.

Spokker

AiTM said:
It also shows Mount CHilliad, which was in the San Fierro "island"
How did you determine that it was Mount Chilliad?

shagg_187 said:
They won't show the entirety of San Andreas in one blow. They didn't do that for GTA4 trailer either i.e. showing all sides/islands of Liberty City.
I agree, I'm just saying it's not confirmed yet.
Zeliard said:
Great visual detail again, and animation. I spot two CJs in that gif.
There are going to be a shitload of CJs in this game.

StevieP

Banned
French said:
Lmao, that's PC.

People still think there's going to be a GTA game on a Nintendo home console ?

It is absolutely PC footage, but... Multiplatform will be the standard next gen. Especially with games that cost >$100million. Any system that can run the game will get a port (maybe even Vita!). If the iPad 2 had a controller they'd port it to that.

On the one hand, I'm a little disappointed by the setting they chose. On the other, I can't deny that they are going all out with it. The turbines, the mountains, it just looks great.

diffusionx

Gold Member
French said:
People still think there's going to be a GTA game on a Nintendo home console ?

Take Two, Nintendo, or both talked about it around the Wii U's reveal. Seriously. I can't remember who it was but Nintendo specifically said they wanted high profile franchises.

Barrett2

If anyone ever catches me on a video game message board arguing about which of two completely unrelated games has better graphics, please shoot me on the spot.

As for the game, if I had to guess i'd think they are trying to meld the seriousness of GTA4 with the open, goofiness of San Andreas. If they get it right, have lots of mission variety, tons of side stuff to do, im' sold.

AiTM said:
FUCK something just dawned on me. They could be doing Los Santos for the initail relase of the game, then San Fiero (San Franisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas) as two different DLC downloads...to be the complete San Andreas.

BOOM

ALSO motherfucking DONALD LOVE from GTA 3 making an appearance.

Interesting idea. Great idea. I'd certainly be buying all that DLC.

Mik2121

X26 said:
clouds moving so fast in a couple scenes is weird, but is probably just to show off the tech in the series of quick cuts
Yep. The original GTAIV trailer also had the clouds/time of the day change fast to show the differences.

Vire

After a second and third watch, I'm growing increasingly more impressed. There's lot's of little details in each one of the scenes that are easy to glaze over.

Hopefully the shooting mechanics will be improved to the level of Red Dead.

Linkhero1

I'm not going to lie. I'm pretty excited for this after GTA IV. I didn't like IV, but this one is looking good. If the multiple protagonist rumor is true then I will be a happy man.

I'm listening to I Ran by A Flock of Seagulls. Anyone remember when they used that for previous GTA commercials.

Metal-Geo said:
Claude? He's in Liberty City Stories and Vice City, I believe. Or at least, mentioned in Vice City.

Claude is in San Andreas as well. The race mission if my memory serves me correctly.

ironcreed

Banned
All I ask is less getting annoying calls on your cell phone to take someone out to eat, bowling, etc, and more of the crazy shit like in previous GTA games. I am good with going with the realistic look and feel, just drop the boring and annoying stuff.

spekkeh

Banned
Well, it looks really pretty.

It also looks like the same ole same ole, whose gameplay was already getting very tired.

Color me underwhelmed.

MYeager

After watching it again and seeing the themes presented, I'm going to bet that not only is Tommy Vercetti in the game, but that he or his kid is the antagonist and not the main character you play as.

Kabouter

Trailer looked pretty cool, I love all the vibrant colours. Of course, as almost all US entertainment these days, it focuses heavily on the economy, and no place better to do that than in Southern California, and while it wouldn't be my first choice as a setting, it's at least better than Las Vegas, which would have been just dreadful if it was the only city. I'm a bit disappointed in that it's modern day again, but you can't win 'em all, and either way it looks like a pretty cool world to explore, especially all the mountains and stuff. Bring on the dirt bikes again!

Hope the talk of two main characters in here is true, but I think it's more likely it'll just be the one guy looking over the city, which would be disappointing. I think Rockstar could do better than a regular 'ol white American male protagonist.

Danielsan

It might a bit more interesting if you do have an actual family to come home to in the game.
I like the idea of player as an older character as well.

Top Bottom