• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

yami4ct

CCA is one of the best looking terrible anime films I've ever seen.

Mecha design and animation are really top notch, but everything about the writing and story is utter garbage. It's hard for me to get passed that, so the film ends up a net negative in my mind.

You guys were right. Quess is the worst.

she's the best:
LSw2TbY.jpg

CCA is one of the best looking terrible anime films I've ever seen.

Mecha design and animation are really top notch, but everything about the writing and story is utter garbage. It's hard for me to get passed that, so the film ends up a net negative in my mind.
It's at least better than Awakening of the Trailblazers.

Humm I don't know...trailblazers has the amazing Brave vs ELS scene. That counts for lots and lots of points.

CCA is cool tho. I liked it more then Zeta and ZZ.
I think I blocked everything from Awakening out of my memory outside of Hallelujah running away from a possessed truck. Shit is daf.

Paltheos

I think I blocked everything from Awakening out of my memory outside of Hallelujah running away from a possessed truck. Shit is daf.

I just flat out don't remember most of the movie. I remember a few things:

1) The main characters spout a bunch of dumb one-liners. There were also lots of 'splosions.
2)
The aliens learn about other species by impaling them with spikes.
Come on. There's a bunch more you could say about them if you put an iota of thought into it, but the whole spike bit is enough imo.
3)
The premier, protagonist MS doesn't actually fight.

When I watched it at the NYCC premier, I remember concluding that this was so much worse than the TV series, and I still kinda stand by that by position because the set pieces in S2 are fucking awesome and AotT is just boring. The plot is definitely no worse though lol.

If I'll remember Gundam 00 for one thing, it'll be that it's the only series I know of that celebrates one of its alleged heroes
blowing up a hospital full or orphans
(and no I won't stop bringing that up!)

I liked Trailblazers

-Cool space battles
-the Brave units
-Awesome gundam designs
-Back-Horn
-awesome OST
-Super entertaining visually
-cool space battles
-easy to understand story

No need to go deeper then that for me to like something.

Sure it's a lot of beam spam, but it's cool beam spam.

I just flat out don't remember most of the movie. I remember a few things:

1) The main characters spout a bunch of dumb one-liners. There were also lots of 'splosions.
2)
The aliens learn about other species by impaling them with spikes.
Come on. There's a bunch more you could say about them if you put an iota of thought into it, but the whole spike bit is enough imo.
3)
The premier, protagonist MS doesn't actually fight.

When I watched it at the NYCC premier, I remember concluding that this was so much worse than the TV series, and I still kinda stand by that by position because the set pieces in S2 are fucking awesome and AotT is just boring. The plot is definitely no worse though lol.

If I'll remember Gundam 00 for one thing, it'll be that it's the only series I know of that celebrates one of its alleged heroes
blowing up a hospital full or orphans
(and no I won't stop bringing that up!)
Don't forget Setsuna becoming his own P Bandai exclusive metal build gundam.

I liked Trailblazers

-Cool space battles
-the Brave units
-Awesome gundam designs
-Back-Horn
-awesome OST
-Super entertaining visually
-cool space battles
-easy to understand story

No need to go deeper then that for me to like something.

Sure it's a lot of beam spam, but it's cool beam spam.

I feel exactly the same.

Well, actually I'd add UVERworld to that list. Especially that image song used in some of the earliest trailers (I believe the song was "Change").

Paltheos

Hot news! The MG Justice is confirmed for June!

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2017/03/mg-1100-justice-gundam-rolling-out-this.html

If this is the model we're getting, its proportions don't offend me like the Freedom 2.0's do but it does look a little plainer. I want official pics, Bandai!

So Gundam 00 gets even dumber after season 2...good to know.

Yeah? I think the bigger issue is that it's less interesting. S2 has all these cool build ups and action set pieces.
The first launch of the 00 teases something much bigger, the overwhelming force of the 00 Raiser sticks in mind (the show really impresses its speed on you and I remember that giant cross-shaped slash it leaves on an asteroid when Setsuna's chasing that sniper), there's a gigantic kilometer long beam saber made from the Raiser's binders that slice through a station, cool remote-controlled shield bits, a Gundam containing another Gundam (... again, impact was a little weaker this time but it was different enough to still be cool), a frantic battle by a collapsing space elevator.

My point is it's fast and energetic and generally ups the ante in every way. Sure it's dumb, but it has allot of fun. Awakening of the Trailblazer doesn't do that. It doesn't come with any new ideas and leaves you waiting for more, and the climax is ultimately really disappointing. I think it tries to up the ante but it all really does is present a very prolonged action sequence with even more shit going on. There's nothing innately fun or interesting about that.

213372bu

Banned
Is there a shortlist for good Gundam mangas?

I know there's The Origin, but I've already read that. I've been meaning to read Crossbone since I've always loved the mech designs, but I'm not sure exactly what's good.

Is there a shortlist for good Gundam mangas?

I know there's The Origin, but I've already read that. I've been meaning to read Crossbone since I've always loved the mech designs, but I'm not sure exactly what's good.

My favorite is the Plot to Assassinate Gihren. Political thriller. Great stuff. The ending is a little lackluster, but overall it's great

Finally found time to finish up Char's Zaku II. This 2.0 comes with a TON of dry decals, especially tiny ones too. I screwed up a couple of them sadly, and the others I didn't bother with in the end. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out though, and I think he looks great even with just the larger dry decals and the regular sticker decals.

Diablos54

So I'm in the home stretch of ZZ, and while it took awhile, once I managed to separate it from Zeta and the ZZ itself got involved I really started to enjoy it! I just hope they can stick the landing!

Finally beat Bloodborne guys!

Can finally move on with my life... by that I mean do a second playthrough haha.

Awesome game, I absolutely loved it.

What weapon did you pick at the beginning?
Saw cleaver 4life

Over here, I'm coming to terms with the fact I won't finish Tales of Berseria before Mass Effect Andromeda drops. Thanks, work and school.

Shun

I got my email for the Gundam Versus closed beta play test and played it over the weekend.

Shit was dope, anyone else play?

Top Bottom