• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

novenD

Most of the Wing suits except for Tallgeese, Wing/Zero, Epyon are like refined G Gundam rejects.

I thought that even Wing was hot garbage until Build Fighters came out and Fellini saved it.

I honestly prefer some of the Mech designs in AGE over Wing.

Most of the Wing suits except for Tallgeese, Wing/Zero, Epyon are like refined G Gundam rejects.

Don't hate on the Death Scythe and Heavy Arms.

Entirely true. The real strength of Wings mobile suit designs are for the non Gundams. Best mook suits in the series.

This so much. The Leo is the design that best fits what a mass produced ground mobile suit would look like in any Gundam universe.

Shun

I hate on G Gundam too. Filthy rendition saved by Nobel Gundam.

I know Crossbone came out after but Deathscythe is some wannabe Crossbone Full Cloth meets Nomura Batman and Heavyarms, I don't even know what to say.
EW versions at least.

I honestly prefer some of the Mech designs in AGE over Wing.

bkCL2QkY.png

Don't hate on the Death Scythe and Heavy Arms.

This so much. The Leo is the design that best fits what a mass produced ground mobile suit would look like in any Gundam universe.

UC grunt suits blow wings suits out of the water. NOTHING is better than a zaku. Leo's are pretty cool though, and I guess they're better than the other AU grunts. I think China had cool suits in 00. But really, it doesn't come close.

Entirely true. The real strength of Wings mobile suit designs are for the non Gundams. Best mook suits in the series.
Mook suits that actually can and will fuck up the gundams if used in abundance or with enough skill. Even Zechs proved that the Leo isn't shit within the first 15 minutes of the first episode. Lady Une proved through planning that they can take the fight to the Gundams if they needed to, though still lost cause Gundam. Space Tauruses forced the pilots to upgrade, Virgoes forced them to git gud. Wing probably actually does have the best usage of mook suits.

UC grunt suits blow wings suits out of the water. NOTHING is better than a zaku. Leo's are pretty cool though, and I guess they're better than the other AU grunts. I think China had cool suits in 00. But really, it doesn't come close.

But the thing is that Zaku are chumps and are always chumps. They look cool but they still don't look like something that could be an actual fighting machine. Leo's look like they could actually be something a military would use. Every mook suit in the AC universe fits what it needs to do. Taureses are great high speed suits, Leo's are multi perpose suits. The Libra actually look like an evolution of the Tallgeese frame which the AC suits are built off of.

But the thing is that Zaku are chumps and are always chumps. They look cool but they still don't look like something that could be an actual fighting machine. Leo's look like they could actually be something a military would use. Every mook suit in the AC universe fits what it needs to do. Taureses are great high speed suits, Leo's are multi perpose suits. The Libra actually look like an evolution of the Tallgeese frame which the AC suits are built off of.
Yeah every suit has a niche that they specialize in which goes beyond the UC stuff. In UC it just seemed like they added special parts to an already made suit instead making a suit that specialized in underwater combat or flight. With space it didn't matter but they still did it with the Tauruses. If Oz needed to fight in a volcano you just know they'd design something for hit.

So, I finally did it... I have my second Gunpla!! AND IT MAKES MY HAND BURN RED.

Sorry for crappy photo, it's nighttime here and I suck with cameras. The first one, as by your recommendations, was an Exia Repair II, which was pretty easy. The God Gundam was... harder but I wasn't afraid of screwing up this time since it's not the first time.

I'm really happy with the result, specially for a simple build (and I have no clue how to paint and things like that). Stickers were a pain in the ass again, specially these tiny triangles on the legs, fuck those.

Now, I dunno where to go next. G-Self? Master Gundam? Maybe try something harder like a MG or a RG? I just know that I'm gonna buy another one in the future =p

My coworker was at a swap meet that had some gunpla and one up for me. He forgot it though. Nor sure which yet but I'm excited.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know they've got a Zodiac theme going but having two water mobile suits is a bit of overkill, especially since neither are amphibious and both serve the same purpose.

The progression does make a lot of sense otherwise. Leos are scaled back Tallgeese. Aires are lighweight flight models with Tauros's being their natural evolution, etc.

Beth Cyra

Don't agree with this aside from Wing Gundam and Sandrock.

All the others are very much their own with Spiegel and Scythe having very superficial similarities.

That said Wing TV MS designs are very weak outside of OZ.

However Katoki has made each of the Gundams light years better and the new Altron and D Hell from the Manga are the best the suits have ever been.

I just hope Snow White is closer to Wing Gundam then the Zero.

MechaX

I just rewatched the 00 movie (because for some reason, I own it).

You know, it still doesn't piss me off like Destiny does, so I'll have to give it that edge at least.

Beth Cyra

Yeah...I was gonna buy Build Burning Try but I still don't really want to buy those 'custom' MS like that lol.

How's that HG X, X Divider and TurnA? Never watched those shows but those ones are cheap at my local comic shop
X and X a Divider are both really great kits. The HGAC Wing is one of the best as far as build quality and sticker use out of all the All Gundam Project.

X and Divider came out a few years ago, but even with that said totally worth the money.

I can't speak for Turn A as I bought the MG and haven't bothered to get the CCHG, but from everything I've seen its a nice little model kit.

Sora_N

X and X a Divider are both really great kits. The HGAC Wing is one of the best as far as build quality and sticker use out of all the All Gundam Project.

X and Divider came out a few years ago, but even with that said totally worth the money.

I can't speak for Turn A as I bought the MG and haven't bothered to get the CCHG, but from everything I've seen its a nice little model kit.

I'll take a closer look at the designs, maybe I'll grab one of the Xs.

I finished building Wing. Really awesome kit except for the yellow chest pieces, they don't even stay on. I'm gonna glue both of them down tomorrow. Will panel line tomorrow too, really tired and I spent a few hours already. :)

The cutter I got kind of sucks, but I don't really care if it's not perfect, I just like building. I haven't built a kit since RG Freedom when it came out.

EDIT: The skirt armor, it looks like technically I could cut them down the middle and I could move the individually but I also feel this probably doesn't work and I would just ruin my kit. I just kinda hate it when the skirt is one piece.

First time airbrushing/sanding/caring about nubs and wow is it fun, but so time consuming! I re-assembled this to check the fit of the parts with primer on them yet again. Next I'll probably sand a few more parts once more along with additional putty. I have about 2 or 3 more sanding sessions then another hit of primer before I'm even remotely ready for paint.

And yes I know the parts aren't snug on there, it's a loose fitting before I go to sand!

Sora_N

If the skirt armour has 2 balls attached together with a peg you can definitely cut it I have that kit and will do that to mine.

I actually ended up doing it, it doesn't make a huge difference but I like it more! Put the yellow piece on the chest away because it doesn't want to stay on.

IMG_20150412_211234131_zps6mz5riyx.jpg

Bandai where's my HGAC Heavy Arms (movie colours)? :( I will take MG too...

Beth Cyra

I actually ended up doing it, it doesn't make a huge difference but I like it more! Put the yellow piece on the chest away because it doesn't want to stay on.

IMG_20150412_211234131_zps6mz5riyx.jpg

Bandai where's my HGAC Heavy Arms (movie colours)? :( I will take MG too...
Dang, that Wing needs some ink. Most HGS do though.

Definitely look into X, they are good as are God and Shining.

Sora_N

Dang, that Wing needs some ink. Most HGS do though.

Definitely look into X, they are good as are God and Shining.

I still have unbuilt RG RX-78-2 and Nobell lol...itching to start those after I feel satisfied with Wing.

I definitely got interested in the X kit after checking out the review...man that one looks so cool.

I know they've got a Zodiac theme going but having two water mobile suits is a bit of overkill, especially since neither are amphibious and both serve the same purpose.

The progression does make a lot of sense otherwise. Leos are scaled back Tallgeese. Aires are lighweight flight models with Tauros's being their natural evolution, etc.
Well with the water suits one seemed more suited for combat and the other for underwater salvage operations.

I'm in a bit of a pickle. My coworker bought me a V2 hguc at a swap meet. That's awesome..... but I already have a V2 hguc. What should I do? I didn't have the heat to tell him I already got this one

Beth Cyra

I'm in a bit of a pickle. My coworker bought me a V2 hguc at a swap meet. That's awesome..... but I already have a V2 hguc. What should I do? I didn't have the heat to tell him I already got this one
Maybe repainted in to real type/roll out colors?

I still have unbuilt RG RX-78-2 and Nobell lol...itching to start those after I feel satisfied with Wing.

I definitely got interested in the X kit after checking out the review...man that one looks so cool.
Nobel is a nice little kit, Sadly Berserker ruins it a bit, high sucks because I prefer berserker.

Beth Cyra

Friendly advice: Don't line black on white, use a lighter color (grey etc). Unless you like the strong contrast of course, then completely ignore me. :)
This is great advice.

I did black on Wing, but I wanted that stronger contrast. On X, DX, and OO Seven Sword I chose grey.

Have y'all seen the first episode of The Origin OVA? How is it? I just now realized it's out lol

It looks good. Brought down by it's over-use of bad CGI. And there is some elements I don't care for. the 2D art is good, but I actually think it's inferior to its manga counterpart, due to how it's too literally and how pacing issues aren't the same between mediums. Music could be better.

So I guess I'd give it a 7/10 for the first episode.

Beth Cyra

Finished HGUC Phenix and Titanium MG Rx-78-2 today.

Hell I will never understand how people can like the ugly blob that is -2 Anima version , still model is amazing and really shows how unneeded the 3.0 is. Titanium finish is totally the sex.

Phenix is awful in person. Easily the worst of the triplets, but then I hate the DE in booster configuration. Still glad to have the sisters together, and I got to build the three MGS to have them in Unicorn mode together.

Kwixotik

It looks good. Brought down by it's over-use of bad CGI. And there is some elements I don't care for. the 2D art is good, but I actually think it's inferior to its manga counterpart, due to how it's too literally and how pacing issues aren't the same between mediums. Music could be better.

So I guess I'd give it a 7/10 for the first episode.

Sounds like the exact same impressions I had watching the first Berserk movie a couple nights ago lol

Shun

RG duckroll Challenge Redux: Prologue

Got an RG Exia recently and since duckroll and Enron did it, I mind as well do the challenge too.

Just started and finished my RG Exia, RG Strike Freedom, and RG Destiny inner frames. Luckily I haven't broken any pieces yet and I will continue to do so as I paint and customize each RG.

I plan on using all 3 kits for kit bashes with a custom paint and part job. Will be updating my progress as I build my custom Gunpla in the next few months. Also gonna update progress on our HG Harute, HG Fenice Rinascita, MG Hi-v, etc. Probably gonna finish everything between Late May to Mid June.

If I break a piece and wreck my Gunpla, I'll wear this avatar, or any avatar the thread chooses for 3 months after I finish my current backlog.

pBkFFlG%20copy.png

2015 Completed Plamo
Bandai Evangelion Hachigoki & HG Nobel Gundam. Will retake better pictures when I have time.

Beth Cyra

For anyone who has built the MG Turn A: any advice on how to apply the decal on the head?
Luck and alot of prayers to your deity of choice? I strongly urge a pact with Satan for the best results.

On a more serious note, I used some tape and cut the rub transfer as thin as I could. If you can get some water transfers it would be easier.

Shun

I don't think there are Turn A or any Correct Century waterslides.

What I do recommend is exactly what Beth Cyra said with tweezers and making sure it sticks with the dull side of an xacto knife.

You could alternatively draw/paint it on since it's just a V with a small i indent in between.

You can paint it on pretty accurately if you use masking tape to create the lines for the Turn A symbol.

Doesn't the kit come with a cow?

Top Bottom