• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Shun

Oh anyone have any spare Gunpla pieces like a spare GN Drive, V-Fin, bean handles, broken pieces, etc that you don't need?

I'd love to take them off your hands for my current custom kit bash project. Really useful in the case something breaks and I need to sand and cement it on or to make a custom piece.

Beth Cyra

I don't think there are Turn A or any Correct Century waterslides.

What I do recommend is exactly what Beth Cyra said with tweezers and making sure it sticks with the dull side of an xacto knife.

You could alternatively draw/paint it on since it's just a V with a small i indent in between.

You can paint it on pretty accurately if you use masking tape to create the lines for the Turn A symbol.

Doesn't the kit come with a cow?
It does come with a cow lol.

I thought I had seen a third party water decal set from Samuel Decal for Turn A, sad if they don't have one.

Shun

RG duckroll Challenge Redux: Update 1 (No broken pieces yet)

CCnlynyUgAABsi7.jpg

Holyyyyyy shit(╬ಠ益ಠ)ゴ The Exia head is probably one of the most single frustrating experiences I've had building gunpla.

Frame is some easy stuff, but the head. so small and so frustrating to put together... Gem wouldn't sit still and putting the chin and face together was tedious.

Since it's RG and not HG, kit bashing is much harder. due to frame restrictions. Instead of using a Destiny face on my Exia head, I had to opt for a hobby knife and cut the tears on the face myself. I think it came out okay, might cut a little more. Sliced my finger in the process of doing so though. The yellow pieces... horrible. Detail wise, this thing is great. If it weren't for such small pieces, I would prefer RG over MG.

Gonna put the head on hiatus and focus on painting the white head pieces. Need to prime and paint the inner frame as well as cut out the Destiny's palms out. Planning on painting the palms metallic blue or green for the Bakunetsu God Finger effect. I hope that putting the pieces together won't be a pain after painting.

Next up is cutting the frame so that I can fit the Strike Freedom's stomach for the railguns. After that, gotta find a way to cement and screw the Strike Freedom's DRAGOONs onto the back of the Exia and add GN Drive to it.

Looking for spare pieces, GN Drive, V Fin, etc. Would love to take any parts, new or broken, you don't use.

Started watching Gundam X to justifying buying the HG or MG kit (probably MG). Lol...

Get MG Crossbone X1 Kai Ful Cloth or MG DX.

How amazing is Zaku Amazing?

It's a solid kit with a lot more articulation than expected and doesn't feel flimsy. Since its base is the High Mobility Zaku II HG kit, you'll get the base weapons from that unit as well if you wanted a different weapon loadout too. I'm currently letting the top coat dry on mine, but I'll post pics later on.

Also been slowly working on the Hi-Nu Vrabe while watching Daredevil with the gf. It's a good looking kit so far, but lol at the decision to bind four of the inner fin funnels into two pairs so there are only two real usable fin funnels. Since the kit itself is based off of the older HG Hi-Nu, I suppose I could grab that and get the funnels from there among other things if I really wanted to.

16967407028_28fed25e32_z.jpg

Enron

Banned
RG duckroll Challenge Redux: Update 1 (No broken pieces yet)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCnlynyUgAABsi7.jpg/IMG]

Holyyyyyy shit(╬ಠ益ಠ)ゴ The Exia head is probably one of the most single frustrating experiences I've had building gunpla.

Frame is some easy stuff, but the head. so small and so frustrating to put together... Gem wouldn't sit still and putting the chin and face together was tedious.

Since it's RG and not HG, kit bashing is much harder. due to frame restrictions. Instead of using a Destiny face on my Exia head, I had to opt for a hobby knife and cut the tears on the face myself. I think it came out okay, might cut a little more. Sliced my finger in the process of doing so though. The yellow pieces... horrible. Detail wise, this thing is great. If it weren't for such small pieces, I would prefer RG over MG.

Gonna put the head on hiatus and focus on painting the white head pieces. Need to prime and paint the inner frame as well as cut out the Destiny's palms out. Planning on painting the palms metallic blue or green for the Bakunetsu God Finger effect. I hope that putting the pieces together won't be a pain after painting.

Next up is cutting the frame so that I can fit the Strike Freedom's stomach for the railguns. After that, gotta find a way to cement and screw the Strike Freedom's DRAGOONs onto the back of the Exia and add GN Drive to it.

Looking for spare pieces, GN Drive, V Fin, etc. Would love to take any parts, new or broken, you don't use.

Get MG Crossbone X1 Kai Ful Cloth or MG DX.[/QUOTE]

I warned you! The exia head is suffering

Apparently I'm a stereotype of a gundam fan.

Though I dont hate all aus. Just the bad ones. And I don't care for the bad uc shoes either

god that UC line made me laugh so hard. Have run into so many Gundam fans like that, super annoying.

At the risk of sounding annoying, Alot of aus rely too heavily on uc tropes and don't add enough to make up for it. The best aus, g/build fighters etc use gundam tropes but also subvert them.

Apparently I'm a stereotype of a gundam fan.

Though I dont hate all aus. Just the bad ones. And I don't care for the bad uc shoes either
My favorites are some of the UC era shows, but my gateway Gundam is Wing so it's hard for me to shit on AU's unless it's pretty bad. I even found enjoyment from Seed and Seed Destiny. I'm not a UC purist, I just want to be entertained for the most part. I'll definitely sit here and say Seed Destiny is shit, but I can still sit down and watch the damn thing since I've seen both Seed shows about 4 times. Shit like the 00 second season and that damn movie can go march off a fucking cliff though.

Acid08

Banned
At the risk of sounding annoying, Alot of aus rely too heavily on uc tropes and don't add enough to make up for it. The best aus, g/build fighters etc use gundam tropes but also subvert them.

Eh, I have no problem with people preferring UC or anything. You at least have a reason. The type of UC fan I find super annoying are the ones who worship at the altar of Amuro and Char while calling AU stuff "fake" Gundam. So common and dumb.

Eh, I have no problem with people preferring UC or anything. You at least have a reason. The type of UC fan I find super annoying are the ones who worship at the altar of Amuro and Char while calling AU stuff "fake" Gundam. So common and dumb.
I'm at the point where I think Char and Amuro spent half their time chasing around swans calling them Lalah. With the amount of bitching they did over her during CCA I get the feeling they're still bitching about it while being newtype ghosts.

I don't think it's fake per se. But take wing foie example. Cool show moist of the time, but falls back on situations that are recycled rather than homeaged. Seed was awful in how much was rehashed.

The series needs to stop having char clones for one. is beyond boring at this point.

I don't think it's fake per se. But take wing foie example. Cool show moist of the time, but falls back on situations that are recycled rather than homeaged. Seed was awful in how much was rehashed.

The series needs to stop having char clones for one. is beyond boring at this point.
Seed Destiny is really just a poorly done Zeta Gundam with less slapping. If Shinn was in Zeta he would've gotten fucking pummeled.

At least in Zeta, Kamille stayed as the lead for the most part.
Because Kamille had actual character growth and was actually interesting. He was awkward yes and you needed to occasionally go upside his damn head, but he matured into a pretty good character. Shinn on the other fucking hand...Kamille even had the better taste in women. Lunamaria is no Fa and Stella doesn't hold a candle to Four.

PhiLonius

Shinn pretty much has no arc. From first to final episode he faces next to no consequences, is rewarded for his insubordination, learns next to nothing, and you have to watch the Final Plus ending to get any sort of conclusion out of him.

Shun

They ruined Lunamaria by having her end with and deal with the bullshit siscon that is Shinn Asuka. For a shit Zeta clone, I'm amazed that the series didn't end with Shinn in a coma.

Shinn is worse than Louise Halevy. Why couldn't we get Astray and it's expansions animated instead of Seed Destiny. I mean why not ignore that Shinn scene and have Sven Cal Bayang or Gai Murakumo as main characters.

G Reco was much more enjoyable than SEED Destiny.

They ruined Lunamaria by having her end with and deal with the bullshit siscon that is Shinn Asuka. For a shit Zeta clone, I'm amazed that the series didn't end with Shinn in a coma.

Shinn is worse than Louise Halevy. Why couldn't we get Astray and it's expansions animated instead of Seed Destiny. I mean why not ignore that Shinn scene and have Sven Cal Bayang or Gai Murakumo as main characters.

G Reco was much more enjoyable than SEED Destiny.
I would've preferred if Shinn had his brain turned into pudding as a result of the curb stomping that Athrun put on him. I'm still shocked that Lunamaria wanted to jump Shinn's bones after he alegedly killed her sister. I guess if Shinn can't have a sister than no one can.

Sora_N

Hearing Shinns name makes my blood boil. Never bought any of his suits never will. I'm lying though...bought a SD Impulse a few years ago lol.

Shun

Hearing Shinns name makes my blood boil. Never bought any of his suits never will. I'm lying though...bought a SD Impulse a few years ago lol.

I would have never gotten RG Destiny had it not been so cheap. Apparently it's one of the better RGs too. Dude doesn't deserve shit.

Shinn never deserved that suit. Good thing I'm using the parts for a custom build to get that bad taste out of my mouth.

I would have never gotten RG Destiny had it not been so cheap. Apparently it's one of the better RGs too. Dude doesn't deserve shit.

Shinn never deserved that suit. Good thing I'm using the parts for a custom build to get that bad taste out of my mouth.
Only thing Shinn deserved was getting his teeth knocked out by Athrun.

Shun

Except Athrun stays losing with Cagali carrying Orb and Lacus carrying ZAFT on their backs and Kira leading his military cult. Murrue wins finally.

Shinn doesn't learn anything other than to sit down and shut up uses Luna as a means of coping with Stella and his unhealthy siscon and idk why the fuck Luna even bothers so she stays losing. After dealing with Shinn's crap for so long, probably the same reason as Shinn but as an Athrun replacement.

Still would have preferred Astray and Stargazer full 50 episodes over Destiny. Should have just killed Shinn off. Hathaway Noa didn't get to live, why should Shinn and his oily mess he calls his hair.

Sora_N

Stupid Shinn.

Speaking of Destiny...so when's MG Savior coming?
:(

latest

EDIT:

I picked up my really really old (I didn't realize GSD was like 10 years ago, holy shit I'm old) Infinite Justice kit and this happened. Actually tried to touch the other foot and the same thing happened.

Over the years I kinda liked regular Justice more, will they even make MG of that? They made RG Justice....

IMG_20150415_223523204_zpsrz8cdpqb.jpg

Shun

Welp shit. It seems like I'm adding 2 more Perfect Grades to my backlog.

I'm building Gunpla with another friend of mine so it's a team of 2-3 people total.

Current backlog of kits consist of...

PG Strike Freedom
PG Zephyranthes
MG Hi-v
HG Harute
HG Fenice Rinascita (Friend finished, will post pictures)
RG Kitbash
RG Exia
RG Strike Freedom
RG Destiny

We're individually working on them and are meeting in May and June to finish up and do paints.

So 8 kits to finish by Late May to Mid June...

I'm gonna do my best not to pick up any more kits until I see the PGs and finish them all...

Beth Cyra

Built MG Sinanju Stien Ver Ka to the half way point.

Great build, loved the nods to Nu Gundam and I really love the color scheme. Coming off Zaku OYW and Gundam 2.0 it really screams how much better plastics and builds have become over the years, while also showing how much theyve scaled back on internal detail.

I will likely finish it tomorrow. I think I'm going to go full OO mode and build Setsuna's Exia, OOR, and OOQ back to back so I can move on from that awful series.

HELLO FELLOW GUNDAMEERS.

Well that was a horrible intro. So, I've been out of the Gunpla game for.......boy, 5-6 years almost. Here is my backlog in visual form-

The Death MG Gundam is actually new, kinda an impulse buy. The other ones I got pre 2010...so they're pretty old. Any suggestions on what to build first? I wanna get back in the game.

Beth Cyra

HELLO FELLOW GUNDAMEERS.

Well that was a horrible intro. So, I've been out of the Gunpla game for.......boy, 5-6 years almost. Here is my backlog in visual form-

The Death MG Gundam is actually new, kinda an impulse buy. The other ones I got pre 2010...so they're pretty old. Any suggestions on what to build first? I wanna get back in the game.

I'd go probably Gunner Zaku, Astray, Sazabi, MG 1.0 and then Deathsycthe. well if you wanted build to grow in complexity, though to be honest you could likely switch Sazabi and Zaku for better progression.

Top Bottom