• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

duckroll

man 2 minutes? damn.... i watched it but forgot about how short it was...
i thought is was going to be another Gundam Thunderbolt = amazing

I've heard directly from a reliable source that Sunrise just wasn't willing to fund this seriously because it was an experimental thing. They just want to see if there's interest. Originally it was going to be a Picture Drama with no animation at all.

I've heard directly from a reliable source that Sunrise just wasn't willing to fund this seriously because it was an experimental thing. They just want to see if there's interest. Originally it was going to be a Picture Drama with no animation at all.
i rather have the picture drama than 2 minutes of nothing...
way too short and random as i recall.

Having watched all of Twilight Axis, I can safely say it's the worst entry in the franchise, just due to the short episode format they settled on.

Also, the places I usually get kits from weren't well stocked this time. At least picked up the HG Scramble Gundam so it wasn't a complete waste of a trip.

AALLx

Taghobby listed the MSRP of the METAL BUILD GUNDAM EXIA 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION

at 32,400YEN

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/225056

screw that, i'm out.... i'm not paying that much for a basic MB exia that's normally $130-140USD

Are they trying to justify that with a 3-in-1 Gundam thing? What a waste.

Btw, if any builders here are living in the Philippines, I noticed that official resellers (Toy Kingdom, Toys R' Us, Toytown) started stocking waterslide decals. I was able to get a waterslide for MG Qan[T].

Watching a Macross Frontier ep 17. Ozma is such a great Roy, Fokker himself would sit down and have a drink with him. Also enjoy the use of the Fire Bomber songs in this ep.

Finished the Scramble Gundam. A quick and pretty simple build, almost disappointingly so. But I like how the suit itself looks so it's alright.

BV6TLKd.jpg

Though, to be honest I much prefer Hot Scramble Gundam, hopefully it'll get a kit some day.

yami4ct

Waiting for a few more reviews but I think I'm really starting to want that ZZ ver Ka.

I've got mine on order at HLJ. Will ship as soon as the Freedom 2.0 restock comes in. It looks like the kit avoids a lot of the problems of transformable kits due to the chunkier design of the ZZ. Looking around the chest/shoulder joints, a common pain point in wave rider suits, and everything is really nice and thick and looks really stable. It's also shocking how stable the G-Fortress mode seems to be. I've seen it on action base 1's in more than a few photos and not even a hint of flexing and bending.

I also love the use of silver on some of the parts of it too. Really makes some details pop.

When is Moon supposed to take place? Pre or post CCA? Looks like the Gundam has a bit of psychoframe but also I wonder if Moon Moon will be in it at all lol

I may be guessing here but the black haired girl next to Mineva on that magazine cover looks like Sarasa Moon from ZZ Gundam. Still I thought initially this was supposed to be late UC but this is probably Post ZZ-Pre CCA time line.

NEO0MJ

From Schizophonic's review, comparison between the new ZZ Ver Ka and the old MG:

Yep. 100% getting this next week when I get paid. I don't own a ZZ Gundam, this looks like a good time to rectify that.

Beth must be ecstatic. Hope they release a MG Tryon 3 now that they have a base to build from.

Why does the old master grade look like a modern HG?

Similar to how old PGs look like modern MGs. Actually, I'm pretty sure modern MGs are leagues above the old PG kits.

Probably a little late, but that same magazine showing Moon Gundam also showed off the...GP-06?? And it looks like it's in Titans colors?

GP-06 is a Titans remnant MS that gets destroyed by Amuro in 0091 and appears to have some kind of psychoframe. Its remains land on the moon and is rebuilt into the Moon Gundam

Top Bottom