• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

GP-06 is a Titans remnant MS that gets destroyed by Amuro in 0091 and appears to have some kind of psychoframe. Its remains land on the moon and is rebuilt into the Moon Gundam

GP-06? What happened to the GP-05!? (I totally need to collect all the GP-line of models since I'm such a big 0083 fan. I have the GP-01,fb,03, and 04. Still need to build the 02.)

Oh right it's this guy isn't it?
mg-1100-rx-78-5-gundam-gp05.jpg

Edit 2: No I guess that's the regular G05... I'm confused...

muteki

Moon Moon Gundam cover looks good but the MS is kind of eh.

Painting a Sazabi gundam colors and swapping the heads doesn't really do much for me. .

RangerBAD

I almost thought Dozle had remorse, but he turned Operation British around as people simply being too weak to fight it. He doesn't get much development in the original series, but, yup, he's a despicable Zabi. The Iffish Island part of the movie was both sad and angering.

I'm trying to remember what Gundam Wing's opening and ending was when it used to show it on Toonami in the UK.

I was checking YouTube last night, and could find the promo stuff with the cgi robot, but not the actual intro itself.

Ah, thanks.
Well, that explains why I don't really remember an intro, and the fact that when I listened to the Japanese intro I thought the music sounded familiar, but I just assumed I'd heard it another time I was looking for the intro.
Yeah old school Toonami really didn't do openings. They do now, but they chop them in half.

Bandai's chasing the Frame Arms crowd now.

New product: candy toys Mobile Suit Gundam G-Frame

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2017/09/mobile-suit-gundam-g-frame.html

A new set of mini figure series by Bandai will be rolling out next year! Starting February 2018, Bandai will be introducing its first G-Frame lineup including Sazabi, nu Gundam, and Unicorn Gundam!

Each figure stands about 110mm tall! [That's about 4.33 inches]

Packages for armors and frames will be sold separately and will be labeled accordingly!

mobile-suit-gundam-g-frame%2B%25281%2529.jpg

mobile-suit-gundam-g-frame%2B%25285%2529.jpg

mobile-suit-gundam-g-frame%2B%25286%2529.jpg

mobile-suit-gundam-g-frame%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Just last minute purchased Gundam Versus, should get it in the mail tomorrow. Wait Amazon now says I'm getting it Monday?! I fucking hate Friday released games.

yami4ct

Well, Exia came out about as great as I could hope. Looks like that's what I'm buying for myself this christmas. Really love all the maintenance gimmicks including the return of a PG hatch open gimmick. It's still more expensive than I'd like, but they definitely went all out.

EDIT:

Oh. They're using fixed pose hands for it. Weird. I wonder why? Is it because the Exia's hands are so small for a Gundam so it's hard to make them posable, but able to hold the heavy swords and things? Definitely a bit of a bummer for a kit that is so intricately designed in most other ways, but not a deal breaker for me.

Edit 2:
Oh it looks like it has both. Cool cool

Wubby

Got back from the Tokyo hobby show. Probably the most disappointed I have been with the Bandai booth. PG Exia is cool and the Pacific Rim kits look nice so I hope they do make them. But really just nothing new at all.

Zeonic translated the first chapter of Moon. According to the translator, there's no mention of this suit being called the GP-06, so that may have been some misinformation.

The MC's name is Yuta Qasim and he has grown up on Moon Moon but has an interest in technology

Picked up Gundam vs its pretty freaking cool. Kinda surprised there are no G Gundam characters. Its not my favorite serious but if feels like a strange omission.

Everything else is pretty legit.

Watch Gundam the origin 5 today as well. Holy f***. I've been lukewarm on the ova, but this episode might have been the best episode of any Gundam thing ever. it had it all. Next year can't come soon enough Jesus Christ.

I honestly don't know why I bought Gundam Versus or whatever tonight. It's just not my cup of tea, I've sucked at game like VO. Oh well, trying to support Gundam stuff and get them to release more here I suppose.

duckroll

Gundam the Origin V - Blue Balls Maximus

Why Sunrise? Why? You spend 70+ minutes building up the Loum battle, everything is leading to it, there's great character work, lots of dramatic tension, the Black Tri-Stars are there, Char is showboating, soooooooooo good. And then. You have Char take off in an elaborate overdramatic launch sequence, fly into the camera, and the credits roll? Jesus. This should be a war crime.

Hamon singing is A+++. Right next to Origin III, this is probably a really close second best entry.

yami4ct

I finally shipped my big HLJ private warehouse that I really overdid it on and have been saving up things in for the past couple months. Should be here middle of next week.

What should I build first? Not gonna be the HG Char's Zaku as I'm gonna paint that and don't feel like diving into that level of project right now and the MG Psycho Zaku feels like too much for me right now too.

I finally shipped my big HLJ private warehouse that I really overdid it on and have been saving up things in for the past couple months. Should be here middle of next week.

What should I build first? Not gonna be the HG Char's Zaku as I'm gonna paint that and don't feel like diving into that level of project right now and the MG Psycho Zaku feels like too much for me right now too.

MG GM Sniper II. Simple straight forward MG, a nice relaxing build.

SaviourMK2

I discovered Gundam Origin was on Hulu, dubbed.
What was gonna be one episode, turned into 5-6 hours later when I finally just finished Ep 5 (Unaware a 6th is due out and was supposed to end on Ep 4, so now I have to wait until May D:)

Part 5 of Origin has to be the biggest gut wrencher in any Gundam series I've ever seen, and I've seen everything minus Victory, Reconguista, and Turn-A (I have no reason for not seeing turn-A minus sheer laziness), and I'm waiting for Twilight AXIS to finish before I start that ride.

Top Bottom