• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

yami4ct

Working on the MG GM Sniper II and, yep, this kit is fantastic. Just a fun simple build with some clever engineering for posablity. Really hope to see this frame used in a ton of GMs and GM-liks going forward. It's the perfect army builder frame. Good to see the upcoming P-Bandai GM Command use it, even though I'm not a huge fan of that design. Maybe we can see a GM Origin, GM Custom Origin, GM III or maybe even a Nemo or something built on this frame.

freakin Lottery sale again.:angry:

METAL BUILD Gundam Exia (10th ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

Application entrance for lottery sale is at the bottom of this page.
☆ Drawing sale period: Friday, October 6, 2017 16 o'clock - November 7 (Tuesday) 23 o'clock ☆ ※ The quantity you can apply is up to one person per person.

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000118227/

32,400 yen (tax included)

crossposting since there's a few Macross fans here.
i've been waiting for this:
This is hands down the most military-ish paint scheme in Macross Delta (not the bright colors on the Delta Squadron) i really dig it. Pre-orders start Oct 6. no rush bc it's a soul web shop exclusive with no limit on ordering. so it will be very easy to get.

Macross Delta VF-31A Kairos
22,680 yen
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000118008/

Will be available on Nippon Yasan

4tPs1WO.gif

promo pics:
LeNEIhX.jpg

C21k6kq.jpg

Fou-Lu

Is the p-bandai Tallgeese III a good kit? It's one of my favourite mobile suit designs in the entire franchise so I am very tempted to get it.

Bombless

Greetings my fellow congregation members and other pagan individuals.

Please join me in celebrating the 15th anniversary of the founding of Church of Our Lord and Saviour.

wlMIqCj.jpg

May He keep His watch over us from the Pantheon of Anime Gods for all eternity.

And remember, even if you do not hold Him into your heart, He loves you all the same.

xCCwy4A.jpg

Greetings my fellow congregation members and other pagan individuals.

Please join me in celebrating the 15th anniversary of the founding of Church of Our Lord and Saviour.

wlMIqCj.jpg

May He keep His watch over us from the Pantheon of Anime Gods for all eternity.

And remember, even if you do not hold Him into your heart, He loves you all the same.

xCCwy4A.jpg

Amen.

Episode 3 of BATTLOGUE is out

It's so stupid, I love it! What I always liked about Build Fighters Try is how self-aware and on the nose it is. This is pure unabashed product placement and they owned it.

It's incredible how meta this episode is. Having built a lot of Bearguys, the surplus parts issue is something I totally understand. This is the right kind of humor for this kind of show. Obvious product placement, but so self-aware that it's hilarious.

AALLx

It's incredible how meta this episode is. Having built a lot of Bearguys, the surplus parts issue is something I totally understand. This is the right kind of humor for this kind of show. Obvious product placement, but so self-aware that it's hilarious.

Can you actually assemble the left-over Acguy head? I made my first Bearguy the other week (Papaguy) and when I attempted to put together the Acguy head I couldn't figure out what goes where. But yeah, that part was extra funny if you've ever built a Bearguy before.

That Bearguy crucifixion scene would make for a great diorama.

Battlogue #3 was a cute little marketing vid. They acknowledge it as such and it's a fun episode as a whole, but I think I was hoping this series would be more like the first episode with the different pilots in custom suits and so on.

Like, the next episode is based on the PG Exia, the MG ZZ Ver.Ka, and the HG Cherudim GFT. Let's see what they do with that.

MechaX

I do have to admit, I do like the fighters in Delta a fuck ton better than the ones in Frontier.

Battlogue #3 was the greatest thing of all time. It was literally like watching my shelf get animated.

I know people are going to complain because it's not like Ep 1, but I have been okay with the last two episodes. Ep 2 involved the best character to come out of Try, and it was clear that Ep 3 is not meant to be taken seriously (and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing more of those two in future episodes). These are essentially 10 minute long commercials, so there's no need to run the Ep 1 AI premise into the ground already.

Sup Gundam GAF

Bought my first Gundam kit today of this little dude

Also can't get over how big the store is

Hopefully this is as easy as the Zoids kits I used to put together are.

Also I hate I can't watch either my Crunchyrolll account here or the offical Gundam YouTube, I was half way through Ironblooded Orphans :(

MG ZZ Ver Ka ordered from HLJ.

Debating on two things. Firstly, trying a pencil for panel lining. I've got a pencil with .05 lead, will that be small enough?

Second, skipping the decals because me and waterslides don't have a good history.

Sup Gundam GAF

Bought my first Gundam kit today of this little dude

Also can't get over how big the store is

Hopefully this is as easy as the Zoids kits I used to put together are.

Also I hate I can't watch either my Crunchyrolll account here or the offical Gundam YouTube, I was half way through Ironblooded Orphans :(

Fuck yeah Oidaba! Did you see the 360 degree shows in the dome theater? They're in Japanese, but they're still pretty cool

SaviourMK2

This might be a long shot. But does anyone know where I can get a 1/144 Gundam Virsago for relatively cheap?
I'll even accept parts/already built. I'm looking for it's legs for a custom Gunpla.

NEO0MJ

This might be a long shot. But does anyone know where I can get a 1/144 Gundam Virsago for relatively cheap?
I'll even accept parts/already built. I'm looking for it's legs for a custom Gunpla.

Took a peek at a few Sites I knew that sold old kits but I couldn't find it, sorry. David, know places that might sell old/used stuff other than mandrake? They only have the Robot Spirit version.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
There are a couple virsago chest breaks up on eBay amd amazon rn, but they are marked up to hell. Dont see the original in stock anywhere but the legs are the same. But paying $40+ for a $5 kit is robbery

AALLx

Finally finished my MG Exia. I had it already snap built since January, but only got around to painting it 2 months ago. I used metallic blue and pearl white, though the texture doesn't show on the low-quality pics. What really took a long time was applying the waterslide decals. They're so good once applied, but the process is a pain in the ass. I really like how it turned out, and I might use pearl white again when I get around to my MG Qan[T] and XN-00-Raiser. Potato pics below:

I'm so excited for the Perfect Grade Exia :D

yami4ct

Building the MG Freedom 2.0 and man. I must've got a grab bag of the best kits Bandai has done in recent memory. I don't love the freedom, but the build quality and engineering are fantastic. I love how solid it feels due to the all plastic construction and how much engineering has gone into allowing the joints maneuver how they need to get those exaggerated anime poses SEED is known for. I don't love the freedom, it's typically a bit dull for me, but the alterations made to the proportions and details are fantastic. This is basically a Ver. Ka in all but name. Can't wait to build the signature wings soon. Maybe one day we'll get a new Strike Freedom that has this much love put into it and can actually make that design tolerable.

AALLx

Building the MG Freedom 2.0 and man. I must've got a grab bag of the best kits Bandai has done in recent memory. I don't love the freedom, but the build quality and engineering are fantastic. I love how solid it feels due to the all plastic construction and how much engineering has gone into allowing the joints maneuver how they need to get those exaggerated anime poses SEED is known for. I don't love the freedom, it's typically a bit dull for me, but the alterations made to the proportions and details are fantastic. This is basically a Ver. Ka in all but name. Can't wait to build the signature wings soon. Maybe one day we'll get a new Strike Freedom that has this much love put into it and can actually make that design tolerable.

Yep, love the Freedom MG 2.0 as well. It's currently my favorite kit. Coincidentally, just happened to finish everything on mine about an hour ago:

Will post better pics of Exia and Freedom later once I get a better camera.

Fair warning, the stand it comes with isn't the best, especially if it's placed atop an unstable surface. Mine took a dive and lives no more, but I plan to eventually build a new one.

I saved the shield and beam rifle, gonna use them as practice for applying waterslides and topcoating before my ZZ comes in.

Top Bottom