• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo Infinite Box Art is Rendered Inside the Slipspace Engine

CyberPanda

Banned
D-yjQJGWkAEmGTs.jpg

D-yjQJIWsAAFT19.jpg

I thought it was just a 2D painting, but apparently its an in engine model? Looks nice.

And this is the artist who worked on the Master Chief model in the 'Discover Hope' trailer. You can view his work here:

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
God, I can't wait for this game to release next year :messenger_heart: Gaming really needs the Master of Chiefs back
hhh.png

Yeah no kidding. At one point in time it felt like everyone talked about Halo and played Halo. Then after Halo 3 it sorta plummeted. I’m glad to see it trying to come back. The story doesn’t exactly bring tears to my eyes like it use to. They might as well use art that can at least give Master Chief his appeal back.

Hawke502

Yeah no kidding. At one point in time it felt like everyone talked about Halo and played Halo. Then after Halo 3 it sorta plummeted. I’m glad to see it trying to come back. The story doesn’t exactly bring tears to my eyes like it use to. They might as well use art that can at least give Master Chief his appeal back.
Im sure everyone will be crying if Brohammer dies

mango drank

Except for the background, maybe. Martin Deschambault looks like a 2D artist:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
From what I've seen so far, yeah, it likely is. Taken at a high resolution with some post work, I see no reason to doubt that? Its pretty standard really.

Reactions: Isa

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
doesn't mean much really.

the game isn't gonna look like that because it obviously needs to run in real time. they likely cranked it way up just for this shot.

brian0057

Banned
I wish companies stopped using in-game renders for the cover art.
Bring back true artist whose sole purpose is to make cover art.
I mean, almost every SNES cover art looks like the most badass Heavy Metal album cover. Since the PS1 era, everyone started using those god awful renders and it all went downhill from there.

I want more of this:

2c4.jpg

635177-176831.jpg
TwilightPrincessRatingTFinalBox.jpg
df1-5213177.jpg

895239.jpg
2364736-snes_secretofmana.jpg
Lost-Sphere.jpg
177367-resident-evil-4-windows-front-cover.jpg

nintendo-switch-box-art.jpg
Valiant_Hearts_The_Great_War.jpg

And less of this:

doomcoverart.0.jpg
D-yjQJGWkAEmGTs.jpg
Resi4-gc-cover.jpg

HSbwgmS.jpg

Tomb-Raider.jpg
TR-box-art-PC.jpg
cover_large.jpg

doesn't mean much really.

the game isn't gonna look like that because it obviously needs to run in real time. they likely cranked it way up just for this shot.
I don't know. I think next gen games will actually turn some heads. These consoles are gonna be beefy. No reason to think we won't see a leap in graphics imo. Believe!

Sorne

I mean, I'm sure they brushed it up in Photoshop afterwards. But it looks nice nonetheless. I'm just freaking excited that chief's coming back, after such a long hiatus. It's the same feeling when we missed chief for 5 years from halo 3 to 4.

Wimbledon

Yeah they've done in a incredible job on the armor.

In my opinion he looks more like an armored super soldier now than previously (including bungie games).

Still love the classic and Halo 3 armor, but this my favorite design in the entire series.

Also i hope the landscape is what the semi-open world sandbox will look like.

Sprawling landscapes, storms rolling in, muddy terrain, fogs etc.

RSB

Banned
I mean, I'm sure they brushed it up in Photoshop afterwards. But it looks nice nonetheless. I'm just freaking excited that chief's coming back, after such a long hiatus. It's the same feeling when we missed chief for 5 years from halo 3 to 4.
The wait is much worse this time though. At least between Halo 3 and Halo 4 we had ODST and Reach. By the time Halo Infinite is released it will have been 5 years without a single new (mainline) Halo game.

Shifty

In-engine it may be but there's no chance in hell that it was rendered in realtime or with gameplay-tier settings.

It's probably some crazy resolution like 16K with all the expensive cinematic shaders they could find, drawn at <0.0001FPS

Last edited:
It's easy to know if it's in engine, just take a look at the pipe on the left it's gote hard edged polygons on the corner!😁 That's an old trick I always use

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Suddenly we're seeing the back of Master Chief? Based on that I think you could argue that he is against you.

FUBARx89

I mean, almost every SNES cover art looks like the most badass Heavy Metal album cover. Since the PS1 era, everyone started using those god awful renders and it all went downhill from there.

I want more of this:

Less of this

Resi4-gc-cover.jpg

You guys got shit on for resident evil covers. The EU covers pissed all over the NA covers

jHhO86L.jpg

That was and still is the best cover for 4.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Cant wait for halo waypoint to start shit again because he’s holding an AR and not a BR (just like they did with halo 4)

Tesseract

Banned
so how many chances we gotta give 343 before someone steps in and disbands and resets

this is the last one right?

Tesseract

Banned
Last chance I'm giving it, if they fuck up. I am so done.

same, getting tired of the same story, dev pathways, slices, inevitable downgrades, and over promises that never get there until 17 patches too late in the game

the thing about the render in the op, that fidelity is possible with current higher end rigs, apex is doing something similarly scaled

we'll see

Stuart360

I keep getting this feeling that Infinite is going to be open world, and that art kind of looks like its hinting at it to me.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
D-yjQJGWkAEmGTs.jpg

D-yjQJIWsAAFT19.jpg

I thought it was just a 2D painting, but apparently its an in engine model? Looks nice.

And this is the artist who worked on the Master Chief model in the 'Discover Hope' trailer. You can view his work here:

Make a Halo that has this bronze colour palette and I'll play day one.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

I want more of this:

2c4.jpg

635177-176831.jpg
TwilightPrincessRatingTFinalBox.jpg
df1-5213177.jpg

895239.jpg
2364736-snes_secretofmana.jpg
Lost-Sphere.jpg

nintendo-switch-box-art.jpg
Valiant_Hearts_The_Great_War.jpg

And less of this:

doomcoverart.0.jpg
D-yjQJGWkAEmGTs.jpg
Resi4-gc-cover.jpg

HSbwgmS.jpg

Tomb-Raider.jpg
TR-box-art-PC.jpg
cover_large.jpg
Nobody is left handed in gaming? Maybe the sniper dude.

Top Bottom