• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Holiday Sale comes to PlayStation Store 12/21 (Biggest PSN Sale of the Year)

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
They really had to put Elden Ring on sale a week after I buy it...
Yeah, you chose wrong, mate. Sorry. It was on an Xbox sale last week (because they had started the sale early). It was always gonna be included in the next PSN sale after that.

Check with support. If you get a good rep, they might refund you the $18 difference.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Did they ever fix the 40fps-Mode, or does it still run like garbage? (sub 40 most of the time)
They removed the 40 fps cap, but they didnt fix the poor performance. still drops below 30 and hovers around 35 fps in combat. If anything it is worse now because the framerate is unstable even when it hits 40 fps because now it can go over and feel stuttery. VRR might help but it wont feel smooth because there is no cap.

All they had to do was implement dynamic resolution in the game's 40 fps mode but they are so stupid they made it worse by uncapping the 40 fps cap. it literally does not fix the main issue which was the game dropping BELOW 40 in the first place. A bunch of morons running ND right now.

Just wait for the PC version and reduce the resolution to hit 40 fps yourself.

SlimySnake

while not a part of this sale, is Kena: Bridge of Spirits worth $17.99? I think it’s a PS+ sale.
Nope. If you like PS2 games. Go play better PS2 games. This game is as basic as it gets and the combat is boring and difficult at the same time. you will die in a few hits even on normal which would be fine if the combat wasnt so boring.

wait for PS+. Spend the $18 on a real game.

Tarnpanzer

They removed the 40 fps cap, but they didnt fix the poor performance. still drops below 30 and hovers around 35 fps in combat. If anything it is worse now because the framerate is unstable even when it hits 40 fps because now it can go over and feel stuttery. VRR might help but it wont feel smooth because there is no cap.

All they had to do was implement dynamic resolution in the game's 40 fps mode but they are so stupid they made it worse by uncapping the 40 fps cap. it literally does not fix the main issue which was the game dropping BELOW 40 in the first place. A bunch of morons running ND right now.

Just wait for the PC version and reduce the resolution to hit 40 fps yourself.

It runs at 2160p in 40fps Mode?

Make it 1800p -> much better performance(my guess), while still sharper than 1440p in performance mode

Last edited:
Nope. If you like PS2 games. Go play better PS2 games. This game is as basic as it gets and the combat is boring and difficult at the same time. you will die in a few hits even on normal which would be fine if the combat wasnt so boring.

wait for PS+. Spend the $18 on a real game.
Wrong

Reactions: GHG
For anyone picking up PSVR2.

I would highly recommend getting RE8, No Man Sky, Pistol Whip and After the Fall in preparation.
OK. Answered my question from before then I guess. Is it worth getting the gold edition of RE8? Or just stick to standard?

Last edited:

FeastYoEyes

Is 34.99 all right for Gotham Knights? I actually like the aesthetics over Arkham Knight and kinda itching for a mindless fun romp like that. Is it that bad?

I should probably get Elden Ring at last. Is the PS5 version close enough to 60fps now that you don't need to install the PS4 version anymore?

Kindela

Banned
I should probably get Elden Ring at last. Is the PS5 version close enough to 60fps now that you don't need to install the PS4 version anymore?
I've been reading about this the last few days and found a lot of posts (on Reddit mostly) in the last 1-2 months saying that the PS4 version is still the way to go.
I downloaded the PS4 one (didn't try out it yet).

kyliethicc

So if you buy the ps4 horizon 2 digital you get the ps5 one for $29.99 basically right?
Horizon Forbidden West's PS4 to PS5 upgrade is free yes

PS4 version on PS5 is locked 60
PS5 version is not

game's not a looker anyways might as well go with a smooth framerate

GymWolf

Did they ever patch Final Fantasy Stranger Origjns to perform better?
Tried the demo on ps5 (vers 1.04 so updated like the final game i guess) and in perf mode looked like 900p or some shit...

Pc is the answer for this one, it's at his lowest price ever on epic store with the 25% discount coupon.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Is 34.99 all right for Gotham Knights? I actually like the aesthetics over Arkham Knight and kinda itching for a mindless fun romp like that. Is it that bad?
Started playing it a few days ago. It's surprisingly well made. Doesnt look half bad despite being a last gen game. City being empty got a lot of hate, but it definitely has character compared to other open world games.

The story starts off with a pretty impressive cutscene and combat has potential. It isnt as free flowing as Arkham games but it isnt supposed to. You still have lots of takedown moves and flashy moves. Its just a bit more methodical and traditional melee combat.

I dont know. I only got it for $22 on PC and im playing it at 60 fps but so far im pretty impressed. Maybe the game will get worse but it doesnt look like the bad game everyone made it out to be.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Started playing it a few days ago. It's surprisingly well made. Doesnt look half bad despite being a last gen game. City being empty got a lot of hate, but it definitely has character compared to other open world games.

The story starts off with a pretty impressive cutscene and combat has potential. It isnt as free flowing as Arkham games but it isnt supposed to. You still have lots of takedown moves and flashy moves. Its just a bit more methodical and traditional melee combat.

I dont know. I only got it for $22 on PC and im playing it at 60 fps but so far im pretty impressed. Maybe the game will get worse but it doesnt look like the bad game everyone made it out to be.
I think everyone agrees that it starts off strong. Curious to hear your impressions in another 10-15 hours

nocsi

Oh, Enaba is legit? I always see deals on there, but didn’t know if they were any good or not.
I haven't had any problems with them, have probably bought off them like 4 times this past year. But I generally have other people on Slickdeals go through with deals first & read their feedback.

After looking a bit will buy in week 1:
*Bpm: Bullets per minute 18$
*Guilty Gear Strive 30$
*Lis Remastered Collection 20$

Maybe ( Maybe not):
* Evil West - Too small a discount at 20%
* Gotham Knights - Tempted but Jan -June 2023 is packed and I wont have time for a 6/10 game.
* Strangers of Paradise - come on just slash it to 30$ and you have a sale.
* Warhammer Inquisitor: Martyr Ultimate Ed - looks kinda epic.

Last edited:
I grabbed Sonic Origins, Tekken 7 Premium, and FF XIV Endwalker Expansion! Some really great deals in there. I may not be done yet lol.

JaksGhost

Did you find the answer you were looking for? I too am interested in the PS5 version at the PS4 sale price.
Buy it on your phone or PC and do the free upgrade. I bought the PS4 version for the same price during the Black Friday sale and did the free upgrade path for the PS5 version.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

70%? I’m only seeing 50%
67% for me actually, I rounded it.
MR0yeJr.jpg

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Some very good deals.

Got my eye on the Turok bundle for £10, plus maybe Jurassic World Evolution 2.

Shifty1897

My backlog will have basically completely rebuilt itself once Christmas comes, I don't think I can buy anything here in good conscience.

Trails of Cold Steel at $20 wants to be bought though

The_hunter

The ps5 version has been improved. At launch it could go to mid 30 fps due to the unoptimized dense foliage the game had. They reduced the foliage and now it hovers around 50s in the forest zones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom