• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Holiday Sale comes to PlayStation Store 12/21 (Biggest PSN Sale of the Year)

So I was avoiding Elden Ring, just because I don’t have the time I use to and was saving it for God of War.

But I gave in. I hear so many good things about it across gaf so can’t say no when on discount.

I just need to finish Death Stranding which I find strangely laborious but nice in areas.

Esca

Saw that need for speed unbound palace edition is on sale for $48 and was able to get that. So m I've played the game all day today, in loving it. It's challenging and the risk and reward aspects are great and give the game a lot more depth. Game looks good and the dialog is not nearly as bad as it was made out to be

Freeman76

Has stanger of paradise been improved since the demo version? On series x it looked like someone threw vaseline on my screen

EDMIX

Diablo II for $13 is a good deal

They have one with Diablo II and III for $19...but I already own 3 lol

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
There is a time trial for it on PS+ Premium, if you have that. I haven't got around to trying it yet.
Yeah I'd also suggest playing a trial of Ghostwire Tokyo or at least watching extended gameplay. There's much less horror and you can be disappointed if you enjoyed Evil Within and expect good horror from a Tango game.

I think it was an okay game, the setting is super cool, but the story doesn't go as big as you'd like and some of the mechanics only seem unique and in reality they're very similar to the ones from other action games.

sncvsrtoip

For psvr2 future owners, games with confirmed free patch on sale: Resident Evil Village, No man sky, After the fall, Pistol Whip.

Zimmy68

The PS4 version on PS5 is still the best way to play Elden Ring. I doubt they make significant improvements to change this, knowing their track record.
Not even close in my opinion. I own the PS4 disc version and after playing about 1/2 hour, I never went back and stuck with PS5.
The load times are a huge benefit to me.

FeastYoEyes

Started playing it a few days ago. It's surprisingly well made. Doesnt look half bad despite being a last gen game. City being empty got a lot of hate, but it definitely has character compared to other open world games.

The story starts off with a pretty impressive cutscene and combat has potential. It isnt as free flowing as Arkham games but it isnt supposed to. You still have lots of takedown moves and flashy moves. Its just a bit more methodical and traditional melee combat.

I dont know. I only got it for $22 on PC and im playing it at 60 fps but so far im pretty impressed. Maybe the game will get worse but it doesnt look like the bad game everyone made it out to be.
Thanks for the well thought out write up. I'm going to hold off. Surely it'll go down in price again.

Is RE8 Gold Edition worth the extra $20? Or is just the base game good enough?
I'm a huge Resident Evil fan. Don't buy the gold edition. The third person is cool but the DLC is not good. Base game is incredible though.

gothmog

Gold Member
I'm a huge Resident Evil fan. Don't buy the gold edition. The third person is cool but the DLC is not good. Base game is incredible though.
You saved me $20. Thanks!

Hopefully I'll spend more time with it on PSVR2. I suspect I will nope the fuck out like I did with RE7.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
psn-sale.jpg

Nier Replicant $31.93
Yakuza Remastered Collection $14.89
Borderlands 3 $9.58
Doom $5.32
Prey $7.98
Ghost wire: Tokyo $25.55
Kena: Bridge of spirits $19.15

Total: $114.40

Gained a lot for a little amount of cash, I thought the winter sale was great the good news is spring sales are just as good if not better, I buy games two times a year when they’re on sale I don’t know how people buy games at full price.

bender

What time is it?
Is Ghostwire Tokyo worth a punt at £23.99?

It's doubtful but if you are a member of PS+ Premium, there is a 1 hour trial.

Anyone played that Alien game? A friend is pestering me about getting is.
Is it fun with only 2 players?

Played it on Gamepass with a buddy. We only played two sessions (~4 hours) before getting bored. The Aliens theme is done well enough and I wouldn't call it bad, it just got repetitive quickly.

splattered

lol really? It was literally just on yesterday. Expired today. $30 off. Got me a 1 year sub for just $30.

Oh dammit... i just hooked up the Ragnarok PS5 we bought for Christmas and realized the PSN sub lapsed late this year... was hoping for a sale on PSN. How often do they go on sale then? Any chance it might hit again around end of year? If so i can wait.

Last edited:

Markio128

It's doubtful but if you are a member of PS+ Premium, there is a 1 hour trial.

Played it on Gamepass with a buddy. We only played two sessions (~4 hours) before getting bored. The Aliens theme is done well enough and I wouldn't call it bad, it just got repetitive quickly.
I took the punt and it’s actually pretty decent - enjoyed it so far. Picked up Norco in the sale as well and it’s a decent game - I don’t normally like the retro look, but it suits this game and adds to its charm.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Bought superliminal and olliolliworld. Good discounts on those and have had them on my wish list for a while. My backlog has just grown again.

MAtgS

Having to buy an emergency replacement laptop prevented me from going too crazy on this sale but I got 3-4 under $5 games.

Thief1987

There is a new PS Plus Promotion for the new subs: -35% Premium, -40% Extra. Until 13.1
Hy2lNjo_d.webp

Also -30% on tier upgrades for existing members

Last edited:
Top Bottom