• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: OVERKILL(HARDCORE) [Wii/Headstrong Games]

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dascu said:
From the Sega site:

:lol :lol :lol

That is also plain awesome. :lol

Eteric Rice said:
Is that box art real?

If it is, holy shit!

They need to sell a full size poster of it. :D

So real they released three versions of it (all the same, except for the Euro rating.)

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The only thing I hope is that the speed of the zombies is as high as in the previous games. I hate RE: UC's slow zombies.

Yay, a new HOTD game :D Looks great and Agent G is back!

Plus, thanks to the Wii Remote™, players will fight off zombies when they get too close; pistol-whipping jaws off and smashing in skulls with their shotgun butt.

Nice! I was hoping that a Wii HOTD would do a bit more with the remote than just aiming!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Guys the trailer is a sight to see in 720p. :) Kinda lags on my computer a little but still awesome.

And the stripper doesn't really look like a dude... but I've been wrong before...

Eteric Rice said:
Is that box art real?

If it is, holy shit!

They need to sell a full size poster of it. :D

A2 poster of that art, 6-page feature, exclusive screens, hands-on with new levels and interview in next issue of ONM UK.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Twilight Rockstar said:
A2 poster of that art, 6-page feature, exclusive screens, hands-on with new levels and interview in next issue of ONM UK.

How do you know this? o.o

I don't know where to cheer or to cry.

One of the things that made House of the Dead so charming was its cheesy japanese style. Overkill here looks much more... american-made, and as such, it's playing more on cheesy american-style horror.

On one hand, I absolutely love the trailer and I absolutely love that awesome, awesome box art, but on the other, I'm kind of sad to see the japanese cheese go. The borderline-engrish translation spoken by actors who, despite knowing english, clearly do not speak english as their native tongue. The brightly colored zombies with turquoise faces, orange hair, red plaid shirts, and an axe in each arm. The blatantly over the top motion capture.

Certainly, Overkill can have some of those things. But... I don't know. The bits of gameplay footage in this didn't really remind me of House of the Dead. I like the game's style, I just don't know if it's House of the Dead's style, is all. It's like those images of Japanese-styled Ratchet with the big bushy eyebrows, you know? Japan just has a certain style of wacky stuff, and Overkill looks like a different type of wacky.

I'll remain cautious about this until reviews come in, but I do want to know more, and I will keep an eye on it, definitely.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
slaughterking said:
DL link, please? :I

N.A took the link away and lives up to his name. >:/

Hold on I'll dig it up. It's in the press releases I downloaded...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HUELEN10 said:
THanks, but why is it 720p? This is a Wii game after all.....

480p isn't man enough to satisfy this game.

Well, the trailers, anyways.

Polari

Good trailer, great cover art. I'm pleased to see Kuju London doing well, the Battalion Wars games were horribly underrated. Between this, Samba de Amigo, Mad World and Shiren, Sega are looking like the Wii's saviours where gamers are concerned.

Wurm

Banned
Loving the marketing push behind the game, truly A-Grade stuff, but not too sure about the game itself yet. Looks a bit janky.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Polari said:
Good trailer, great cover art. I'm pleased to see Kuju London doing well, the Battalion Wars games were horribly underrated. Between this, Samba de Amigo, Mad World and Shiren, Sega are looking like the Wii's saviours where gamers are concerned.

Ironic. Had you said this 10 years ago you'd be shot on the spot. :p

Culex said:
The trailer was awesome! The Wii needs more shooters, and this looks like it might actually be a winner.
I heard it did better than HOTD3 on Xbox. I don't remember how HOTD2 did on the DC.

Blacktin0

Banned
Andrex said:
house_of_the_dead__overkill_-_gc_20.jpg

Best boxart ever or best boxart ever?

"In Colour"

"This is like something out of a videogame!"

"Starring SPECIAL AGENT G and DETECTIVE WASHINGTON"

Holy shit, they put G's f-ing name on the box. Damn that's awesome.

house_of_the_dead__overkill_-_gc-1.jpg

Welcome back G. :)

And why hello there Denzel Detective Washington. :D

Okay ... i am starting to like the look of this now.

Looks like a fantastic purchase. Can't wait to have this in the Spring/wonder if it'll use MotionPlus for something....

Now then, SEGA and folk, I charge you with breaking one of videogaming's greatest curses: Make a badass lightgun shooter based off The Mexican. Grindhouse clearly inspires you somewhat already...take this one step further to greatness...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HUELEN10 said:
True. THis is pretty epic stuff, ESPECIALLY with Slo-Mofo time. :lol

Slo-Mofo Time is going to revolutionize gaming, I called it. :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mr. Pointy said:
I heard it did better than HOTD3 on Xbox. I don't remember how HOTD2 did on the DC.

HotD2 was a "Player's Choice" or whatever Sega had for DC titles.

markatisu

Wow, this is just great. I have bought the two lightgun games Sega put out and this will be the third I buy!

That trailer is great and the box art is awesome!

Sega might just be currently the best third party company currently for wii, mad world and now this.....they sure are giving it decent games...

Top Bottom