• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: OVERKILL(HARDCORE) [Wii/Headstrong Games]

Avrum

ElectricThunder said:
If the game does in fact feature dual wielding...you know what that REALLY means:

QUAD WIELDING

Or another friend with yet another pair of Perfect Shots. Nyko is going to make a killing...

That would be awesome if true... I would totally go Tropic Thunder on those zombies.

I'm a lead farmer motherfucker!

Andrex said:
Does GAF always have to argue over the first screens released for a game? Have people learned nothing? Sometimes I just think people want to bitch about anything. "Bu-bu-bu it's not *as* colorful!! :( :("

People, shut up please.

Look, I think it looks interesting, it's there are certain choices they made for design that I don't know if I like. If the whole game can keep the fun style and energy seen in the trailer and on the box art, then great, but everything I see for this in-game (so far) goes against the reasons I normally like House of the Dead.

I find it interesting, but I'm remaining cautious. But I don't hate it - yet. I'm waiting to see where it goes from here. I'm not expecting to hate it, but I'm not expecting to like it, either.

I think I should be allowed to explain my position.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
ElectricThunder said:
If the game does in fact feature dual wielding...you know what that REALLY means:

QUAD WIELDING

Or another friend with yet another pair of Perfect Shots. Nyko is going to make a killing...
Yeah...If true +2 Perfect Shot and Wiimote sales.

The M.O.B

Updated the OP again, fixed some links, added Ign interview.

I'll update again when we get some impressions, unless there is a NDA cause the game in only being shown to "specially invited members of the press" so we will see.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
TheWiicast said:
picture-3.png

WIN.

can i get the animated .gif of this please?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
PantherLotus said:
can i get the animated .gif of this please?
an animated gif of a thru-condom blowjob? now that's sick.

KevinCow

Banned
I don't know what to think of the game itself, as I've never been a particularly big fan of light gun shooters, but the trailer, boxart, Slow-Mofo time, etc. are killing me. :lol

Olaeh

I'm not a huge fan of HotD, but the style and presentation of this has me thinking day one. Love the trailer.

maxmars

Dragona Akehi said:
Kuju is heading this up? Hmm... a little worried.

Better be using Sega's patented Motherfuckin Awesome Calibration® that was used on Ghost Squad and HOTD 2&3.

Well, BWII was short on content, but technically and gameplay wise is easily on the top tier of Wii games.

Maase

Banned
D'oh, so this was the project Sega as been hyping all along?
Damn, i hate Rail shooters (i'm still traumatized from RE:UC)

KevinCow

Banned
Maase said:
D'oh, so this was the project Sega as been hyping all along?
Damn, i hate Rail shooters (i'm still traumatized from RE:UC)
RE:UC isn't a very good representation of the genre, I think. I'd recommend checking out HotD 2 and 3 before making your mind up on this.

Maase

Banned
KevinCow said:
RE:UC isn't a very good representation of the genre, I think. I'd recommend checking out HotD 2 and 3 before making your mind up on this.

lol, sorry, too traumatized to play a Rails-Shooter in my life.

CTLance

Alaluef said:
Oooooh, subtle. :lol
Maase said:
lol, sorry, too traumatized to play a Rails-Shooter in my life.
If you don't want to wake up in the morning in a clown suit filled with angry bees, cats and simians for the rest of your pitiful life you will
  • concede that your statement does not apply to any past and future version of Rez and
  • confess that you're very very sorry from the bottom of your heart that you actually had the audacity of not wanting to play Rez and
  • admit you are thankful that I'm so magnanimous towards you as to give you advance warning.
Better type fast, I'm already on my way.

Can we expect any gameplay video of the game, or were the camera forbidden during the demo ? Will the game even be actually be playable by the press at some point of the event ?

You know you have the perfect trailer when forumites quote it :lol

Seriously, it can't be reinstated enough--the trailer is all kinds of win :lol Great job to the people over at Headstrong Games :D

really fast zombies i think we need more control adequtely dispose of. like the ability to back up or run, not something an on rails shooter can really equip the player with.

Shinz Kicker said:
really fast zombies i think we need more control adequtely dispose of. like the ability to back up or run, not something an on rails shooter can really equip the player with.

I'm guessing the melee attacks will suffice for then they manage to get a bit too close for comfort. Running around wouldn't work well I think since the game is Wiimote only.

CaVaYeRo

Stormbringer said:
That boxart is freaking GOLD :lol . Seriously, that's awesome.

Just check the press-kit out:

hotd_kit.jpg

back-194x300.jpg

vhs-300x225.jpg

shirt_front-300x166.jpg

shirt_underwater-300x198.jpg

more and hi-res here.

lopaz said:
Interview says there will be calibration. But before that, they say it will use a cursor because of how the wiimote works... strange
yes, you can switch the crosshair off. Hmmm I think we have some details in our impressions that haven't been discussed here. I'll try and translate the highlights for you tomorrow ;)

CaVaYeRo said:
Just check the press-kit out:

more and hi-res here.

So, SO incredibly cool. And such an impressive attention to details too. I just love stuff like that.

raviolico said:
is there -besides the official trailer- any gameplay footage around?
Doesn't seem like it, unfortunately. The game was shown behind closed doors (meaning no cameras), and unless there are some leaks, we will have to be happy with the eyes-on impressions and the single trailer we have so far.

Dave Long

Banned
Somehow I completely missed this trailer and the win contained therein. SOLD!

SEGA have done a very good job lately of getting me excited about games again.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I'm a bit worried by this:

Gamespot said:
You use the Wii Remote to aim at the screen, with the trigger used for firing and a quick shake for reload. You can obviously also use the Wii Zapper, but with 1 and 2 used for weapons, as well as + and - for special items, it could become a little convoluted.

Perfect Shot bye-bye? Hope not 'cause it would be maybe even a deal-breaker for me :-/

Top Bottom