• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: OVERKILL(HARDCORE) [Wii/Headstrong Games]

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Dash Kappei said:
I'm a bit worried by this:

You use the Wii Remote to aim at the screen, with the trigger used for firing and a quick shake for reload. You can obviously also use the Wii Zapper, but with 1 and 2 used for weapons, as well as + and - for special items, it could become a little convoluted.

Perfect Shot bye-bye? Hope not 'cause it would be maybe even a deal-breaker for me :-/
The +/- and 1 and 2 buttons aren't readily available when holding the wiimote in shooting position anyway, so the perfect shot should be just as usable as a Wiimote, or even easier due to the ability to use the second hand to push those buttons.

jibblypop

Banned
poppabk said:
The +/- and 1 and 2 buttons aren't readily available when holding the wiimote in shooting position anyway, so the perfect shot should be just as usable as a Wiimote, or even easier due to the ability to use the second hand to push those buttons.

Yep it should be easier with the perfect shot is what I was thinking as well.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
dragonlife29 said:
Is using the Wii-mote by itself really that bad for you?

I enjoy lightgun/railshooting games a lot more playing with the Perfect Shot and so do my mates (I've got three of them PS and Ghost Squad with PSs sans reticule is godly btw), is that really that hard to grasp for you?

Geez, people these days don't find anything better to post than nitpicking on others' tastes...

Kinosen

Neo Member
poppabk said:
Why should the lightgun genre get relegated to budget price/downloads? Personally I love light gun games, ever since playing Operation Wolf in the arcades and would love to see this genre make a comeback.

I think that the lightgun genre is far more an arcade experience that is better suited for something like WiiWare, where you can download it and have some mindless fun. In my personal experience I've yet to play a lightgun game that I felt had the replay value or depth worth a $50 game, which is where budget priced retail came from. I definitely enjoy them, I just don't feel that they're in the same league as other genres. At the same time, I'd love to be wrong in this area, because it means a better game to play. Thanks for being civil and asking a fair question.

PepsimanVSJoe said:
Not this again.

I have to admit I haven't played a TON of lightgun games, but which ones did you feel were worth a full priced retail game?

Himuro said:
Shut the fuck up.

Ouch, this response definitely appropriate considering the tone I had in my original post. Which lightgun games did you feel were worth the a standard retail price?

Shinz Kicker said:
seconded. let my small shelf space of games relish in the glory of rail shooters. also i dont wanna clean out my fridge for something this big.

Nothing wrong with having it on your shelf, but do you think it'll be worth a full price? Also, <insert lightgun retail question>.

The Hermit

Dave Long said:
Somehow I completely missed this trailer and the win contained therein. SOLD!

SEGA have done a very good job lately of getting me excited about games again.

ThrowdownMFer.jpg

<3 your avatar!

Gwanatu T

Labombadog said:
I like how the guy says "The hardcore youve been waiting for" :lol :lol

Yeah me too. The trailer didn't look to good to me though, felt like they were trying a little too hard and just not making it, but we'll see when real gameplay videos come out.

Dave Long

Banned
We walk around work all day reciting this trailer. One guy will intone...

BLACK MAGIC

...and from across the room you'll get a shout of...

VIOLENCE

Awesome.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Holy shit, I know I'm late to this party, but that trailer was truly a work of amazing.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Dave Long said:
We walk around work all day reciting this trailer. One guy will intone...

BLACK MAGIC

...and from across the room you'll get a shout of...

VIOLENCE

Awesome.
The trailer did its job, then. :D

Scrubking

ForzaItalia said:
Hey guys where I can I find the Nyko Perfect Shot here in Toronto?

Does anyone know if this i-con "Marksman" lightgun is any good?:

Link

No. That gun is bad. Get a Nyko or a zapper (I like the zapper better).

Threi

notag
ForzaItalia said:
Hey guys where I can I find the Nyko Perfect Shot here in Toronto?

Does anyone know if this i-con "Marksman" lightgun is any good?:

Link
Wal-Mart sells em here.

I think EB Games as well.

Also try Zellers.

Or CanadaComputers.

Picked up the 'Perfect Shot' guys but what the hell is the easiest way to snap the Wii remote into it? I can't get the connection into the gun for some reason because it feels like I'm forcing it in.

Any tips?

So I like this game.

I hadn't expected to enjoy the game's presentation so much. So much humor and style. It's satisfyingly fast, as a rail-shooter should be, but it is still just a rail-shooter, which means it can get repetitive.

Amir0x

Banned
TheGrayGhost said:
So I like this game.

I hadn't expected to enjoy the game's presentation so much. So much humor and style. It's satisfyingly fast, as a rail-shooter should be, but it is still just a rail-shooter, which means it can get repetitive.

but think of how much attention other types of games require, your head might melt and you might get the AIDS!

Amir0x said:
but think of how much attention other types of games require, your head might melt and you might get the AIDS!

Are you referring to my comment about me not having enough of an attention span for games like Left 4 Dead and GoW 2? Well, yeah, that is still true and HotD:Overkill isn't any different (hence, "it is still just a rail shooter and it can get repetitive.")

pakkit said:
Official Thread this is not, fellows.

My bad. I'll find it and repost my earlier post.

Top Bottom