• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The House that Jack built" on Netflix ..

So on Netflix (Germany , dont know about other Countrys) they added "The House that Jack built" in its full uncut 2h33Min Version.. I wanted to see the Movie since i heard of it and was to some extent "aware" of what i was getting in to but now that i have seen it i have to say what a lunacy it is to mix that Movie in that generally Popcorn Movie portfolio on Netflix. THE FUCK - that is like preparing Paprikas slices for the Joghurt Dip for the Houseparty and mix a few Carolina Reaper Slices in between... like what the Hell??!!
To everyone who already saw it , imagine a Couple sitting in the Evening on their Couch choosing their todays movie and they be like :,, Yesterday we watched that Xmen Movie .. hm.. "the House that Jack built" - now that sounds interesting.. " and then they click on play .. lol

The first thing Lars von Trier does when he wakes up since he found out about the deal is to laugh out loud immediately after opening his eyes...

Putting that Movie on Netflix must be one of the most nihilistic Acts of modern Pop Culture since its existence ...

J-Roderton

Another one I’ve seen after hearing how disturbing it is. Guess I’ve just seen worse on film. IDK. It’s a pretty decent Von Trier affair.

Another one I’ve seen after hearing how disturbing it is. Guess I’ve just seen worse on film. IDK. It’s a pretty decent Von Trier affair.
agreed there quite fucked up stuff to watch - but wouldend you agree just casualy drop this on netflix with all the couples only watched stuff like Star Wars and Inspector Gadget until then, is somewhat evil. It quite up there in regards of twisted movies .. and theres no special warning either..

J-Roderton

agreed there quite fucked up stuff to watch - but wouldend you agree just casualy drop this on netflix with all the couples only watched stuff like Star Wars and Inspector Gadget until then, is somewhat evil. It quite up there in regards of twisted movies .. and theres no special warning either..

Come to think of it, I personally can’t name many other movies on Netflix on the same caliber as that one. That is kind of an odd add for them to just throw into the general selection. 😂 Is it at least in the horror genre section?

Come to think of it, I personally can’t name many other movies on Netflix on the same caliber as that one. That is kind of an odd add for them to just throw into the general selection. 😂 Is it at least in the horror genre section?
Need to check but it could have been the thriller section..

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Is A Serbian Film really that bad? I love horror movies but torture really isn't my thing. For example, the Saw series was too much for me. Is A Serbian Film more graphic than that?
yeah it’s bad from what I’ve heard. A baby gets raped on screen etc. Really awful stuff to be avoided

INC

Is A Serbian Film really that bad? I love horror movies but torture really isn't my thing. For example, the Saw series was too much for me. Is A Serbian Film more graphic than that?

Its shit, dont bother. Its just shock for shock sake

It about making snuff films basically, poorly made, poorly acted, just famous for being shocking

If you wanna watch a film about snuff films, watch something like 8mm, at least that has a compelling story, to a degree

Reactions: MrS

Peggies

Gold Member
I friggin' love that movie. I'm usually not a big von Trier fan but that's a masterpiece and actually one of the funniest movies I've watched in a long time.
True it's dark but not really disturbing. Just hillariously gruesome.

awkward matt dillon GIF by IFC FIlms

I think von Trier is just not very fond of women, particularly of stupid women, since pretty every single woman in that movie is obnoxious.

9/10 movie in my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS
Top Bottom