• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Indie Bundle 20 (Dream Daddy, Overgrowth, Tangledeep + more)

Bullet Club

The Humble Indie Bundle 20

Score! It's the big 2-0! Humble Indie Bundle 20 is filled with Steam keys and DRM-free builds for Tangledeep, Overgrowth, Among the Sleep - Enhanced Edition, Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator, and Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy. Plus, your purchase will support a charity of your choice!

Pay what you want. Normally, the total cost for the games in this bundle is as much as $114. Here at Humble Bundle, you choose the price and increase your contribution to upgrade your bundle! Pay $1 or more to access Steam keys.

Redeem DRM-Free and on Steam. All of the games in this bundle are available DRM-Free and on Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Please check out the full system requirements here prior to purchasing.

Support charity. Choose where the money goes – between the publishers and a charity of your choice via the PayPal Giving Fund. If you like what we do, you can leave us a Humble Tip too!

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_1

eMjIwKr.png

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Dont you dare to say negative things about dream daddy.
giant bomb podcast

Tangledeep has been on my wishlist for awhile so I guess I'm in for the first tier, none of the rest of them appeal to me.

Graciaus

I know I have that last tier game already. Pretty sure it came in one of the monthly bundles. Found it to be boring. No interest in this.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Utter turd other than Tooth and Tail. I got Overgrowth in a bundle ages ago and it's utter utter turd. Avoid like the plague. How the fuck is that turd the top tier turding game? Turd.

Tier 1: A walking simulator, a roguelike, and a cookie-cuter first person horror from the Indie First Person Horror School Promotion of '14
Tier 2: Two memes and a somewhat interesting RTS? Maybe?
Star game: a mediocre two year old game that has been in like four bundles already

I remember when I purchased all the bundles. Now this... is sad.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Humble Bundle after being purchased by IGN, has been mostly crap.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...GLHuGy1LOrUEC2xY4ZxPLHCz8/edit#gid=1841986736

In their defence, I think on the indie side there's simply not as much good stuff out there as there was when it first launched. Bundle 1 was worth it for World Of Goo alone, but the rest was.. ok. Bundle 2 was excellent. Braid (brilliant), Osmos (fun little relaxer), Machinarium (gorgeous to look at), Revenge Of The Titans (simple but good fun). Bundle 3 contained Crayon Physics (fun for a short time), the utterly wonderful VVVVVV (best music in gaming, bastard hard), And Yet It Moves was kinda fun too. The Introversion Bundle was pretty cool, indie 4 had Super Meat Boy, 5 had Psychonauts, Limbo, Bastion, all very good games. Bundle 7.. Legend Of Grimrock. Enough said. Bundle 8 with Hotline Miami, Proteus (hey I liked it), Thomas Was Alone and Tiny & Big.. a very strong bundle.

I will add that while those bundles had some wonderful games they also had some absolute shite in them too, garbage filler. The problem is that later there just wasn't much coming out of the quality of those wonderful titles.

I'll also add that I'm not convinced that the bundles were wholly good for indie games. Indie games became cheap and disposable, people stopped buying them because they'd eventually appear in a bundle. A race to the bottom on prices leads to a race to the bottom on quality.

Top Bottom