• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iDOLM@STER Community |OT| Are you LADY?

Ultimadrago

Subbed for ponpo.

Yes.

100% Iorange juice is best.

No Iori love yet ?

She is the best idol after all.

waoylr.gif

Iorin and Ritsuko the best~

The Best Crew.

All Hail Ior-Queen~.

Listen to all Anzu albums for minor redemption.

The Best Cinderella.

I actually did read the op, and I still think it's creepy

[pey-thos, -thohs, -thaws]
noun
the quality or power in an actual life experience or in literature, music, speech, or other forms of expression, of evoking a feeling of pity, or of sympathetic and kindly sorrow or compassion.

Which is what I feel for people with in this thread

Cool thanks for letting us know this useless information.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

noun
the quality or power in an actual life experience or in literature, music, speech, or other forms of expression, of evoking a feeling of pity, or of sympathetic and kindly sorrow or compassion.

Yeah, thanks for the contribution.
Still don't get why it's creepy though or you needing to shit on the thread.

=======================================================

Ahem, i fond of Chihaya cover of Rise from GItS

DiGiKerot

Ahem, i fond of Chihaya cover of Rise from GItS

Yeah, there have been three manga-bundled CDs of cover songs. That was from the first, which had a "battle heroines" theme (Sailor Moon, Cutie Honey, GITS, Negima OPs). The second was all the OP themes from Bakemonogatari (hence the infamous Kugimiya version of Ren'ai Circulation. All those Bake OPs were composed by longtime iM@S composers, so...). Then, way more recently, they did a CD covering the OP/ED from the first season of YuruYuri and the OP/ED of Kannagi. All pretty good stuff.

Accoun

Then, way more recently, they did a CD covering the OP/ED from the first season of YuruYuri and the OP/ED of Kannagi. All pretty good stuff.

Woah, missed those. I'm also not really fond of the Rise cover myself, but I guess that's what happens when you make a Japanese singer sing a song in combined English/Russian.
On the other hand, the Bakemonogatari CD is pretty cool. And since we're talking covers, Miki's "Namida no Hurricane" and Takane's "Tsuki no Waltz" were great, too. Since we already mentioned "Whiskey ga, Osuki Desho"...

Awesome thread, OP! I was only introduced to the franchise about a week ago, but the latest game looks pretty neat and I hope to play it myself sometime soon. The music is catchy and the art is beautiful. Anyways, since I don't have much to contribute, I may as well just leave this here:

ITntUsP.jpg

(Subscribed!)

Rainy

Banned
Even though a lot of people hate her...

You go Miki.

This may sound like a stupid question, but if I just wanted to get the music from the anime, which albums would I have to get? There's kind of an overwhelming amount.

Blusby

noun

You must be a fun guy to hang with irl.

StayDead

You go Miki.

This may sound like a stupid question, but if I just wanted to get the music from the anime, which albums would I have to get? There's kind of an overwhelming amount.

I'm not so sure why people hate her, for me it's like Makoto = Chihaya = Yukiho = Takane > Miki = Hibiki > like everyone else is equal.

Rhapsody

Banned

You go Miki.

There's the Anim@tion Master albums if you want songs that appeared in the anime. You'll still be buying quite a few of them though. Not all the songs are vocal songs since the OST is scattered in them too.
I'm not so sure why people hate her, for me it's like Makoto = Chihaya = Yukiho = Takane > Miki = Hibiki > like everyone else is equal.
I feel like it's just a GAF thing. A lot of people I come across don't really hate any of them.

She's still one of my favorites, mostly for Awakened Miki. Too bad she wasn't that in One for All : /
I've yet to watch LL, my friends are mostly hooked to the mobile game though.

The anime's entertaining. It's different and worth checking out. Still no idolmaster for me though regarding songs and characters.

srst

Is there a Bluray version with subs out there or any word of releasing one? I watched it on Crunchyroll and loved it. Now I want a physical copy. :D

Rainy

Banned
Is there a Bluray version with subs out there or any word of releasing one? I watched it on Crunchyroll and loved it. Now I want a physical copy. :D
I asked around , but I don't believe I've heard of anyone licensing it for release :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm not so sure why people hate her

It's been explained many times, it's mostly the animation iteration of Miki that people hate.

Something doesn't go her way because she miscommunicated and then she strops off almost ruining a concert for everyone else.
She belittles fellow idols.
And especially her awful attitude towards Haruka.

cajunator

Banned
1A. Makoto
1B. Takane
2. Chihaya
3. The rest

In terms of Cinderella Girls it would be Syoko, Mirei, Ranko, Anzu, Anastasia, Koume, Natalia

Hachitora

Sup all. I'm not too big on im@s (I'm more of a Love Live guy), but I saw the anime and liked that so I might stick around for a while. Maybe this thread will get me more into the songs too ^^. I can only really remember a few of them from the anime. Heart of the Marionette and Yakusoku are the ones that come to mind

Oh, and my top 3 from what I can remember of the anime are Takane, Hibiki, and Miki. The twins have an honorable mention

m0t0k1

Yukiho is amazing, I wouldn't have an idol group without her and Makoto in it <3

Its fun to see people post cards i own in the game. This one is pretty good for a non paying dude like me.

I would suggest checking out the THE IDOLM@STER 765PRO ALLSTARS GRE@TEST BEST! series. They have the most popular songs from the 10 years of the franchise on it. It are 1 single cd called the Idolmaster history with the most famous songs. Then there are 3 double cds in the series spanning different themes like the more serious songs to the more peppy happy songs. so check it out. Here is a link to the cd music tracklist.

http://www.project-imas.com/wiki/THE_IDOLM@STER_765PRO_ALLSTARS%2B_GRE@TEST_BEST!_series

Sup all. I'm not too big on im@s (I'm more of a Love Live guy), but I saw the anime and liked that so I might stick around for a while. Maybe this thread will get me more into the songs too ^^. I can only really remember a few of them from the anime. Heart of the Marionette and Yakusoku are the ones that come to mind

Oh, and my top 3 from what I can remember of the anime are Takane, Hibiki, and Miki. The twins have an honorable mention

My man you have great taste you like Maki in LL and Project Fairy in Im@s they are da best!

DiGiKerot

The main OSTs for the TV series are the seven (yes, SEVEN) Anim@tion Master CDs. Not, I should point out, the Anim@tion Master Mamassuka CDs, which were a combination of iM@S2 DLC song releases and character songs, as opposed to anything from the TV show.

You'd still need the CDs singles as well for the full-length OPs, though.

Vylash

Go My Way and Change!! are my favorite imas songs so listen to those

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hibiki suffered because her episode basically involved her disappearing for most of it.

The world is all one!! manga is pretty good for Hibiki fans as it focuses on her, with Yukiho and Haruka.

FuuRe

I'm really tempted to play or watch this since my last Idol experience was Di Gi Charat

Any tips on where to start?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm really tempted to play or watch this since my last Idol experience was Di Gi Charat

Any tips on where to start?

Well it depends on your fluency in Japanese. The easiest thing to get into would be watching the anime since that has english subs. This will also give you a good introduction to all the main characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why have the Idolmaster games never been brought over to the West?
Do they think there would be no audience?

No idol culture here so they probably don't think there's much of a market for it. Though I heard something about licencing costs but I wouldn't know because I'd assume Namco has the rights to their own stuff.

Really you'd need someone to ask but interest in Japanese games like this is basically non existent in the Western press.

Bring it to Wii U, tie the DLC to Amiibos and watch the money roll in.

Then put Haruka in Smash to advertise the series.

Aerocrane

No idol culture here so they probably don't think there's much of a market for it. Though I heard something about licencing costs but I wouldn't know because I'd assume Namco has the rights to their own stuff.

I'd assume that the licensing issue is more due to the amount of voice actors present in the game and Namco would have to negotiate licensing for their work again for international distribution. This could end up being prohibitively expensive.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd assume that the licensing issue is more due to the amount of voice actors present in the game and Namco would have to negotiate licensing for their work again for international distribution. This could end up being prohibitively expensive.

While this could be a problem for the current games is there anything stopping them from including international distribution for the contracts of a new game?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The world is all one!! manga is pretty good for Hibiki fans as it focuses on her, with Yukiho and Haruka.

I'm interested in this. Has it been translated?

Getting caught up on Puchimas!! now that it's done airing. Takane is hilarious!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

It's so weird too becuase in the main series she's such an enigma, just kinda out there. In Puchimas!! they added a lot of color to her personality and it works brilliantly. It's because of Puchimas that she's high in my rankings. Same goes for Haruka, Chihaya, and Ritsuko.

Aerocrane

While this could be a problem for the current games is there anything stopping them from including international distribution for the contracts of a new game?

If there is a clause or a separate contract for international distribution, then of course that wouldn't be a obstacle for a localization as long as Bandai-Namco is willing to pay. The other costs of localization would still be the main issue as localization isn't cheap. There aren't enough people interested in the franchise to justify the costs. It's the same issue with Sega's Yakuza series which has a small and vocal fanbase that buys the localized titles, but the games don't sell enough.

I do hope that the eventual Idolmaster game for PS4 would get localized, but even if it would get released I wouldn't trust Bandai-Namco after the mess that was the localized version of Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment.

Top Bottom