• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Impressive New Tech Behind Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Yeah I just tried this, and yeah its much sharper. Can still use all the AA options, which are still poor.

It seems the game is still using some sort of over sharp filter though which makes it looks poor, though yes, its now sharp.

Still feels weird to be running everything in this at ultra and be pulling 260fps... Brilliant.

Nope, missile strikes do nothing but shake the screen a bit and cause some smoke but there's no debris being created or objects around the impact that move because of the shockwave.

Fucking bullshit then. We been playing games with the same ancient physics for literally 20 years now.

All that's improved is textures and effects, better physics (destruction) and AI have stood still, yet people still lap up this shit. Have some standards people.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
There’s more to destruction that fancy visuals. Destruction means the map changes and can’t be balanced like it was previously.

There’s a reason COD is vastly more popular than BF. It’s because you can learn the maps better and know what you’re getting. Once you start saying every wall/building can be destroyed, it just turns into a no fun cluster fuck.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Fucking bullshit then. We been playing games with the same ancient physics for literally 20 years now.

All that's improved is textures and effects, better physics (destruction) and AI have stood still, yet people still lap up this shit. Have some standards people.
you will get destruction next gen. look at what happens to base consoles when playing Control. down to 10 fps.

what they have done here is laid down the foundations for an eventual next gen version. the levels have a lot of light sources, an insane level of detail and lighting thats a lot more realistic than what we are accustomed to.

if come next gen they still dont have destruction then sure.

pokerlife

GO PLAY THE GAME AND GET BACK AT US!!! Who cares about destruction! THE GAME IS FUNNNNNNNNNN

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Beta needs evaluated more before release, my expectations for the ground war mode are low, taking advantage of player count is huge for Call of Duty, but this feels like one of those games that's maybe winning in multiple departments (theme, crossplay etc.)

Call of Duty's recipe for success has always been run and gun, but now it does more. I do believe it needs x amount of years of massive map play for it to be on the same level of Battlefield, Blackout was a great entry point, my concern is having the servers hold up consistently. Call of Duty Modern Warfare is a MASSIVE threat to Battlefield.

Top Bottom