• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Invincible' Game Announced by former CDPR/Techland Devs - PC/PS5/XSX/ - 2021

The Invincible is a first-person Sci-Fi thriller set in a retro-future timeline. Waking up as a space scientist on a hostile planet, you embark on a mysterious mission to find the missing crew of your spaceship. Survival is a matter of your correct choices, taken whilst uncovering the secrets of the planet, bigger than anyone thought.

You are a scientist onboard an interstellar scientific expedition, suddenly thrown into a life-or-death rescue mission. Landing on a planet Regis III you have to find the missing crew members using some advanced space equipment, whilst relying on your brains and instincts to survive on the planet which quickly occurs to be unwelcoming. Soon you’ll discover that Regis III holds terrifying secrets which are uncovered while you’re piecing together the fate of your crew. And as you delve deeper into the mystery, you realise that perhaps you are not alone, and that some places like this planet are better left untouched. But it’s too late to turn back.

Sounds and looks good.

I really like this image:
Eh9niMDXcAAOKey

FunkMiller

I love it when a brand new IP is announced with some really interesting images like this 👏

Does that mean it will not work on #XboxSeriesS ?

Almost trolling, but I think this is a legit question to ask.

It’d probably be a good idea for them to clarify as soon as possible to save a lot of bullshit. I can’t imagine it doesn’t run on Series S. It’s pretty much the first new game announced since it was revealed. Can you imagine the blowback if it couldn’t run it?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Definitely curious about this. Looking to see how the core gameplay is and if it's something I'll be into. The look is definitely cool looking.

Walking sim or immersive sim? If it's the walking sim I dont care about it regardless how cool the visuals look. If it's an immersive sim then I'm all in. Former CDPR/Techland doesn't mean shit.

Aidah

Is Series S not supported? I was wondering if it was optional, thought it would probably be mandatory.

Last edited:
Well if the next generation hasn't even started yet and this isnt supporting the series S, Remind me again how it was even a good decision in the first place?

Microsoft have screwed themselves if devs won't even support their "next generation platform"

What a way to divide your customer base.

CamHostage

The Invincible looks really nice. Fun artstyle, and it shows a level of detail and fine specificity that I supposed should be possible on current-gen but fits easier in that next-gen fishtank. Looking forward to a trailer...

Does that mean it will not work on #XboxSeriesS ?

Almost trolling, but I think this is a legit question to ask.

Heh, this naming situation sucks... I think right now A) there's no catchier and clickier name for the series than "Xbox Series X" (MS probably wants everybody to just call it "Xbox" but in a Google-driven world that's bad SEO...) so everybody's going with it, and B) developers might actually still be behind the terms of the Series S embargo, which was scheduled to finish this week but because of the leak/shifted schedule, developers might still have contracts that have dates now that should be moot but aren't visibly breakable yet...

But who fucking knows these days?

Who honestly gives a shit, who gives a shit?

The new consoles need something good to show it off, people who want old'ish shit buy an S.

Naw, dude; I agree that Series X is the way to go and ultimately the money you pay will matter, but the fact that MS has a cheap box that supposedly runs everything on the X just less well (I think we're supposed to take this for granted that this is true, but right now everything is still hazy,) is going to be a big deal for the Xbox ecosystem and is going to impact even X owners (positively and hopefully but possibly negatively?) for the generation to come...

Last edited:

The Invincible is a first-person Sci-Fi thriller set in a retro-future timeline. Waking up as a space scientist on a hostile planet, you embark on a mysterious mission to find the missing crew of your spaceship. Survival is a matter of your correct choices, taken whilst uncovering the secrets of the planet, bigger than anyone thought.

You are a scientist onboard an interstellar scientific expedition, suddenly thrown into a life-or-death rescue mission. Landing on a planet Regis III you have to find the missing crew members using some advanced space equipment, whilst relying on your brains and instincts to survive on the planet which quickly occurs to be unwelcoming. Soon you’ll discover that Regis III holds terrifying secrets which are uncovered while you’re piecing together the fate of your crew. And as you delve deeper into the mystery, you realise that perhaps you are not alone, and that some places like this planet are better left untouched. But it’s too late to turn back.

That looks amazing! Wow!

Gam3rdude

Looking at those images and reading the plot summary, I’m almost certain we won’t be getting many weapons in this game.
Story-wise it may be good though.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Looks wicked. Can't wait. But speaking of CD Projekt and Techland, Cyberpunk 2077 and Dying Light 2 are still my most hyped games at the moment. Not counting Prey 2, of course.

Redlight

Is this why some of them struggled with development for it before?

I suspect that in some cases it will not be just a resolution downgrade, if the game is compute heavy it may end up being less of certain effects.
Your suspicions are noted. However, there is absolutely zero evidence for your concerns. There is also no evidence of developers 'struggling' with the hardware more than would be typical when optimising for multiple targets. It's extra work, who wants extra work? Doesn't mean it can't be done.

Top Bottom