• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread December 2012: Santa touched me somewhere weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonesquad

I can't find it through iTunes. Try the direct link

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/into-the-dead/id535609266?mt=8

Into the Dead is very cool. I had sworn off endless or even auto runners (no matter how much people here said they were good:) Maybe it's my love of zombie games, or the usual PikPok polish, but this dark moody runner is a lot of fun.

I now need to remember to play this every day for the next 28 days:) I remember Twisted Metal on PS3 had a similar trophy. I think I lasted 4 days on that one...

rrqn2.png

r0TBF.png

pkYJv.png

pIlS6.png
LOL $1 for this versus $9 on the eShop

dream

You guys have outdone yourselves with Into The Dead, Mario. Great game.

That said, Gripshift?!?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
You guys have outdone yourselves with Into The Dead, Mario. Great game.

Thanks.

That said, Gripshift?!?

Pretty sure that will come to PC/Mac next year. Don't think the precise controls will allow it to come to touch based devices, though perhaps we could look at something inspired by the franchise though not exactly the same e.g. something less freeform.

Ministration

Neo Member
I've just got up to the level with the
Boar
unit, and I just want to pass up my congratulations to whoever did the ingame art work of its unit banner that shows up whenever it attacks. That unit attacked quite a lot in that level but that picture still made me smile whenever its came up.
Ohh yeah. One of our bloodiest attack pieces in the entire game, up there with the Corpsejumpers. I'll pass on the compliment. :D

Dumb question time: has anyone done a Tip Jar like IAP in a game before?
Yup, in Ravenmark's options menu we included a tip jar IAP section, with $0.99, $4.99 and $9.99 denominations. The morale boost of hearing back from fans who left us tips tends to have more effect than the actual financial benefit, but every bit counts really. We're grateful there are actually people who like our game enough to use their money for tips instead of buying some other game.

Into the dead.

Seems fun, love how the body angles around fairly realistically, did y'all strap a gopro to the chest and sprint around?

Not seeing any ads at all though, hmmm... o_O.

Ranger X

Thanks.
Pretty sure that will come to PC/Mac next year. Don't think the precise controls will allow it to come to touch based devices, though perhaps we could look at something inspired by the franchise though not exactly the same e.g. something less freeform.

I'm tired of "no Gripshift 2" already.
I will have to design this and send you the doc. It will also come with a marketing plan. Jeez. No need to credit me either.

:p

Mrbob

Looking in Appshopper and SteinGate is on iOS now. Two problems, though:

1) It's $34.99

2) Only supports Korean language

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Seems fun, love how the body angles around fairly realistically, did y'all strap a gopro to the chest and sprint around?

All hand animated :)

LuchaShaq said:
Universal app?

Will be iPad only. The game needs a big redesign to get onto iPhone.

Ranger X said:
I'm tired of "no Gripshift 2" already.
I will have to design this and send you the doc. It will also come with a marketing plan. Jeez. No need to credit me either.

Heh. We may Kickstart it, so we'll have stretch goals looking to go beyond a port and into sequel territory.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Into The Dead is pretty fun, at least initially. I guess I'll see how long it'll last me

Gripshift!!!!

PittaGAF

Mind blown?

Just wait until we release Shatter on iPad early next year. That will be "Developed by Sidhe" and "Published by PikPok".

Smoke and mirrors!

Mario, do congratulate with all your collegues for Into the Dead, it's awesome.
I've never been into runners and I generally hate zombie games, but Into the Dead is truly amazing.
I donwloaded it 'just because' (I spent an ungodly amount of time with Flick Kick Football back in the days) and I was incredibly impressed, loving the atmosphere.

Also you are really the master of the sub 50 Mb downloads...the graphic is amazing and I'm mind blown that the download is so tiny.

Easily a high profile paid app.

Shaneus

Did I just fucking read that Shatter will be coming to iOS?

Sah-weet.

Need games to make the most of my iCade Core. Surprised with just how much better some things are, though I wish the buttons were a little better. Gunman Clive is like a different game with iCadeness.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
My Modern Combat 4 review was supposed to be up at midnight, but a last-minute issue has delayed it until morning. The short version:

It's still a very good game, but I liked MC3 more. It feels like Gameloft is beginning to strain to "keep up" with the production value arms race. Fully voiced, gorgeous games like that can't be made on a one-year schedule and sold for $7 forever.

Shaneus

Without playing Into the Dead yet, I've noticed people mentioning ads. If we buy IAP, does that also include some ad-removal thing?

hamchan

I will buy Shatter for the 3rd time on iOS. I really want Shatter 2 though (especially for a new soundtrack lol).

antispin

Mind blown?

Just wait until we release Shatter on iPad early next year. That will be "Developed by Sidhe" and "Published by PikPok".

Smoke and mirrors!

I was wondering this, what's the relation like between Sidhe/PikPok? Pub/Dev? Same parent? Shared dev resources? Do you folks still work on non-iOS platforms?

Love your games!

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I was wondering this, what's the relation like between Sidhe/PikPok? Pub/Dev? Same parent? Shared dev resources?

Same corporate entity. Sidhe and PikPok are just outward facing labels. Everybody works on everything with shared tech and tools. We've pretty much switched over to using PikPok as our "default" brand though as it encapsulates more of what we do.

Do you folks still work on non-iOS platforms?

We are still working on one (last) small console project. But we'll be supporting PC/Mac more over the coming year as well as continuing iOS and Android.

Love your games!

xJavonta

Banned
Into the Dead is fantastic, I'm loving it.

Also started playing Super Hexagon again after giving up on it. I'm addicted now lol. I'm still awful but I'm slowly getting better.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Into the Dead is fantastic, I'm loving it.

Also started playing Super Hexagon again after giving up on it. I'm addicted now lol. I'm still awful but I'm slowly getting better

That's exactly how this game works: first 20 minutes - "fuck this game!!" next 12 hours - "oh god just one more go..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom