• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread January 2013: We beat the apocalypse without buttons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Chinese New Years buildings cost a total of 290 flooz, and have to be bought in the next 28 days. I'm pretty sure that's impossible to reach without making an IAP, especially with their new economy. A lot of the ways you could get flooz while playing the game now only give you coins.

It's probably doable. 3 from friends visits, 4 from the Dungeon if you re-stock twice, (at least) 1 from the lucky spin leaves you needing just two from the excavation, fortune wheel and Pepin requests. Get those ten or so daily and you're basically there. Plus you'd get a few from levelling up and doing level-up quests.

Flunkie

Banned
It doesn't look like it.

The new Chinese New Years buildings cost a total of 290 flooz, and have to be bought in the next 28 days. I'm pretty sure that's impossible to reach without making an IAP, especially with their new economy. A lot of the ways you could get flooz while playing the game now only give you coins.

Ah, gotcha. So it's basically no better than any of the other freemium games now because you can't "play" or "earn" your way to any special shit. Welp, was good while it lasted.

It's probably doable. 3 from friends visits, 4 from the Dungeon if you re-stock twice, (at least) 1 from the lucky spin leaves you needing just two from the excavation, fortune wheel and Pepin requests. Get those ten or so daily and you're basically there. Plus you'd get a few from levelling up and doing level-up quests.

Because that's realistic.

Heel

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read that some of those things only give coins now. I can't be sure at the moment because I did all that stuff before updating.

For some reason I can't connect to GC...
Is there anything in the update like the Christmas tree that people have to visit?

For people that aren't aware, the update increases the price of all the premium stuff 1.5x, so make sure you've spent all your Flooz before updating. To offset it, street expansions are now in coins.
You mean all the collector item things? Because I'm really near the rail thing on the mountains, only need 10 more flooz.

Heel

Ahh, I stand corrected. It looks like they caved to complaints on the coins instead of flooz business.

For the last couple of months, we have been receiving feedback about the cost of the expansion on the main street being too expensive. After much consideration we have decided to change the cost of the expands of the main street in coins. There are multiple reasons for this change:

Some players are giving up the game in the early levels because they feel pressured to buy flooz and feel like they have to pay to progress.
A lot of our players told us the expands in flooz slows the progression especially in the later levels where expands have a much higher price.
Because of this fundamental change, the game has to be rebalanced for fairness towards all players, new and old.

The main street can still be expanded in coins, so you don't have to worry about using your flooz to expand, and you can save it all for the premium content. A player would earn on average ~10 flooz per day and based on our stats, 60% of those flooz were spent expanding. This would've left 4 Flooz per day for the premium content.

To rebalance the gains in flooz, instead of touching the existing source of free flooz, we are increasing the value of everything that costs flooz (premium content, workshop upgrades, speed up etc.) as per the feedback of the survey. In theory, we should make everything 2.5x more expensive (10flooz/4flooz), but instead we have decided to only multiply by 1.5.

We are also adding back the flooz rewards for all the minigames, Pepin's deals and the friend's visit, exactly the same as they used to be 2 weeks ago. You can continue earning your flooz like you used to, and all this flooz can now be used for all the premium content. You won't have to worry about expanding your land in flooz anymore (you can still convert you flooz in coins, if needed)

If you want to earn it faster, you could also buy the different pack of flooz, which are also giving 1.5x more flooz than they used to for the exact same price.

Thanks again for your feedback, as it really helps us understand our customers better. The past few days have been tough between the updates and trying to find the right balance with the new changes. We know that we can't please every single player, although we wish we could, but we feel these changes should strike a good balance for all players, based on the feedback we've received.

If you have some more feedback, feel free to share your opinion on this forum
Thank You,
- The Godzi Lab Team

Still, grinding 290 in 28 days seems pretty damn unrealistic.

dream

I had about 600 flooz saved up. My problem, though, is that I've been playing the Happy Street update on my Mac and now it won't sync properly to my iPad. Rip my happy town.

ParityBit

Those of you with the iCade, do you have an adapter? If so, which did you buy? I would like to buy one instead of using batteries all the time.

Flunkie

Banned
You could get all those by loading the game literally two times a day. Surely everyone's doing that?
Not I. Haven't touched it in two weeks. I get in moods with freemium games.

I have yet to win any flooz with the level 3 fortune wheel. I leveled it up before even hearing about it being better to leave it at level 2.

Not happy with the Happy Street update at all.

I was really getting into the game, like really getting into it to the point where I've spent hours outside of the game scouring the wiki and planning things out on graph paper.

Now all the Flooz costs are 50% more and they took away my major way to earn Flooz, the mini games. I used to line up bus stops (which I since spent 280 Flooz and upgraded to taxis) to constantly restock the Fortune Wheel. I could earn like 50+ Flooz a day and it was tons of fun. The new update makes any visitor (car, bus, plane) walk right past the mini games.

The key was I never felt pressured to buy Flooz, which in turn actually got me (and my wife) to purchase some, not to mention complete numerous Tapjoy offers.

Godzilab ruined the only good freemium game I've ever played. I'm a bit irritated that I spent so much time on this game only for it to turn out like this.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Oh didn't know you worked on CSD... just like you to know my wife LOVES the game and gets so upset if she doesn't perfect a day, lol
Hah that's awesome, glad she's enjoying it!

I was really getting into the game, like really getting into it to the point where I've spent hours outside of the game scouring the wiki and planning things out on graph paper.

Now all the Flooz costs are 50% more and they took away my major way to earn Flooz, the mini games. I used to line up bus stops (which I since spent 280 Flooz and upgraded to taxis) to constantly restock the Fortune Wheel. I could earn like 50+ Flooz a day and it was tons of fun. The new update makes any visitor (car, bus, plane) walk right past the mini games.

The key was I never felt pressured to buy Flooz, which in turn actually got me (and my wife) to purchase some, not to mention complete numerous Tapjoy offers.

Godzilab ruined the only good freemium game I've ever played. I'm a bit irritated that I spent so much time on this game only for it to turn out like this.
Man, that really sucks. Nothing's worse than a bad update. :(

Just finished Little Inferno. Quite an awesome game, if a bit on the short side. There were a few things that I might change on another run but it doesn't seem like it would be worth going through all again. Recommended.

Oh. I thought it was odd that the taxis went pass the dungeon. =(

I'm gonna try placing the bus and taxis on the far side of the village next to the dungeon/wheel.

AEREC

Technically it is made by 1/2 of the people that made World of Goo (Kyle Gabler), the creator of Henry Hatsworth (Kyle Grey), and a super amazing programmer (Allan Blomquist).

Damn...and to think I have disregarded it on steam all this time. If I had known it was made by a fraction of the World of Goo team I would have bought it. Oh well definitely getting it on iPad now.

Anno

Has there been a date, or even range of dates, given for Kingdom Rush 2? Recently I've been playing back through KR1 and goddamn is that an amazing game.

Card Boy

Banned
mzl.mipwsqzd.640x960-75.jpg

"Never before seen gameplay"

Sure...........

bkw

Wait what? Happy Street is on the mac now? There goes all productivity!
Then again, I don't know what to do about this update. Maybe it's time to put down Happy Street and pick up Pixel People instead..

PittaGAF

Does anyone have Gratuitious Space Battle on a retina iPad?
I have an iPad 3 and I'm not sure...game hasn't be updated since long ago.
I do not know much about the game but it interest me (love space battles and strategy).
Is it good?

ParityBit

Those of you with the iCade, do you have an adapter? If so, which did you buy? I would like to buy one instead of using batteries all the time.

Little bump. I was searching online and did not find much. I can stick with battery's I guess. I am wondering how you all have it setup. Running a charger for the iPad? Or the box itself? Or just flying on battery's.

Card Boy

Banned
Deleted Puzzle & Dragons and Pixel People. I made a stance I would avoid any game with stamina or very long cooldown timers. Delete that carrot on a stick crap people.

dantehemi

Finally beat 10000000. What a great experience, I haven't been involved in a game like this for some time now (including consoles) any chance the dev releases an update that adds more challenges or a new level? I really can't recommend this game enough, I know it's an old Gaf favourite but to anyone who hasn't tried this little gem before I really recommend you pick it up....any other games on the App Store that play like 10000000?

dantehemi

Thinking what my new game to play is gonna be? Trying to catch up on some older titles... I'm thinking

Infinity blade 2
Kingdom rush
Sword and sorcery

What do you guys think?

Fjordson

Thinking what my new game to play is gonna be? Trying to catch up on some older titles... I'm thinking

Infinity blade 2
Kingdom rush
Sword and sorcery

What do you guys think?
Random two cents: playing through Kingdom Rush currently and it's one of the best iOS games I've played in a while.

I enjoyed Sword & Sworcery, though I think I like Kingdom Rush even better.

Wasn't crazy about Infinity Blade 2. Though the IB series is super popular, so I think I'm just the wrong guy to ask on that one. Never got into either game for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom