• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Joe Rogan Experience podcast can't be accessed atm on Spotify.

O-N-E

Someone mentioned that they couldn't access JRE on Spotify, so I checked and it was the same thing for me. Then I confirmed with a third friend.

Maybe they took down the eps until they can thoroughly comb through them all?

Last one was Joey Diaz.

diaz-joey-diaz.gif

Edit: Aight it's working again. Don't know if that was a blip or what.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
It's working right now.

I wouldn't really mind him being kicked off Spotify. Would just make the pod bigger tbh.

Fair enough, my comment goes for any cancelled person though.

And true, don't think Spotify was a good move for his listener?/viewership.

Last edited:

zeorhymer

Not sure why he's in that abusive relationship. It's obvious that Spotify hates him and would love to get rid of him.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Not sure why he's in that abusive relationship. It's obvious that Spotify hates him and would love to get rid of him.

Some people at spotify may hate him, but the company gave him hundreds of millions of dollars. Its too big an investment to just walk back on.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
After a brief disappearance from Spotify, The Joe Rogan Experience is back on Spotify, but other shows produced by The Ringer, Gimlet, and Parcast still appear to be missing from the streaming service.

A rep for Spotify explained the situation, saying, “It’s a technical issue affecting a number of our shows and should be resolved soon.” Indeed, the issue appeared to only impact shows Spotify is behind: The streamer has an exclusive deal with The Joe Rogan Experience, while it also owns The Ringer, Gimlet and Parcast.

While the disappearances aren’t exclusively affecting Rogan’s podcast, they do come as Spotify contends with an ongoing controversy surrounding their wildly popular podcasting torchbearer. In recent months, Rogan has garnered significant controversy for spreading Covid-19 misinformation on his show, as well as for his past use of racist slurs and other offensive language.

This story is developing…

A lot of people posting in this thread, and the other recent joe rogan thread we had at the start of this whole controversy, who never seem to post in the communities joe rogan thread. I think there's probably a lot of people who don't look at that forum. While I can see the appeal of it as a concept, it just doesn't get used. It would be nice if a solution could be found to that situation. Maybe a communities label that could be filtered out of the main off-topic when people wanted to only see newer threads. Not sure if that would work, but it would be nice if something could be figured out. Looking through gaming OTs alongside attempts at starting true off-topic OTs that have nothing to do with video games can also make things hard to browse.

Last edited:
I think it's cool Joe brings in all types of people on his podcast for a dialogue, but I can't help but laugh at anyone who takes advice from him or seriously considers his opinions when he talks about topics he clears knows nothing about.

Top Bottom