• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kids in the Hall are back.

mitch1971

Give me that shovel.

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

TheMan

I always get this mixed up with The Whitest Kids You Know. And it turns out Trevor Moore from that show is dead. Welp.

Krathoon

After all these years, they probably felt that they had some new material to do.
I would like to see it go for a couple of seasons.

This did come as a total surprise.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Dave Foley, feel bad for him with his train wreck of a divorce. Saw Scott Thompson emcee a stand up comedy event in Toronto a few years back and he was so unfunny it was almost awkward. I need to watch that movie they did again, Brain Candy. I remember liking it. “Life is short life is shit and soon it will be over”

jason10mm

Gold Member
I don't know if they will do all the old characters.
Certainly looks like a lot of the old bits. I hope they saved "I crush your head" vs "I squish your face!" for the show, the invisible knife/gun is probably the next evolution of that skit.

The trailer looks like they will mock modern wokeness and they seem to realize they were a pretty monolithic gender/ethnic troupe. I suspect they will go after EVERYONE though, as any comic should. So long as their timing is good and it isn't just cheap shock jokes that go on too long, I'm pretty hyped for this.

Krathoon

Really, I need to play some of the old episodes.
I forgot allot of the skits.
I have them all on DVD including Brain Candy and Death Comes to Town.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hope they bring an updated old lady skit:
From a "Kids In The Hall" skit....

Mark as an old lady, solving a crossword puzzle in her garden:

Mark: I'm all in favor of certain people having their own, you know, lifestyle, but...why did they have to take the word "gay"? It's such a lovely word! They've...they've robbed the English language of a beautiful word. I...they have. I mean, now if I say to one of my friends, or one of my friends asks me, "How is your son or daughter feeling?", and I say "Oh, they're feeling gay"...it's a scandal. I've had to stop using the word altogether. Oh. So they've taken "gay" away from us. What was wrong with "pervert"?

And you can't use the word "faggot" anymore either, you...it used to be a lovely bundle of sticks. On cold winters' nights you'd throw another faggot on the fire. But now they work in restaurants, making your salads, being snotty and still expecting fifteen percent.

"Cunnilingus"? My grandfather drove one across America. With pride. He bought the first one off the lot in 1923. Oh, but now they're all gone, forgotten - the Cunnilingus, the Rambler. Oh. I suppose "Rambler" means something filthy now too, does it, does it mean something...?

Can't use the word "fisting" anymore either, oh no. No, no. But back in the forties the girls and I used to fist every Sunday afternoon. It was a knitting stitch, and a very difficult one. I made a lovely yellow afghan full of tiny, intricate fistings, that won a, that won a grand prize at a, at a jamboree. Yeah. Gave up knitting altogether, though, in 1979, finally found out what the word meant, oh no. No, no. I took that afghan with all that lovely fisting and put it up the poop-hole. Oh, that's, that's what we used to call attic. Now they're all gone, locked away, like those beautiful words.

Well, I guess I'm just supposed to fade away, in silence...or be modern and accept it. Fine. I guess I'll just have a Fuck Off. Oh, that used to be a summer drink, you know.

Krathoon

I remember in college that they were showing old episodes on Comedy Central. That was 20 years ago. The show was already getting old back then.

Comedy Central was great back then. They would show Monty Python and old stand up specials.

MTv was still really good. Unfortunately, they started the whole reality tv trend.

Last edited:

trikster40

Dave Foley, feel bad for him with his train wreck of a divorce. Saw Scott Thompson emcee a stand up comedy event in Toronto a few years back and he was so unfunny it was almost awkward. I need to watch that movie they did again, Brain Candy. I remember liking it. “Life is short life is shit and soon it will be over”
Brain Candy was a great movie, was expecting it to be more like their skit material but it was so much more. I haven’t seen it in probably 20 years myself, time for a repeat.

Krathoon

Yeah. Brain Candy was mostly new material. So was Death Comes to Town.
I never really found Scott Tompson all that funny. I run into that with Bowen Yang too.

KrakenIPA

This show was huge for my bros and i back in the day. Before the ability to call up media with the fingertips, you had to schedule your day just right and then hope that Comedy Central was running a good episode. Sketch comedy was pretty damn hilarious back in the 90's.

As far as a reunion/come back I bet they still got the goods, I just don't have time for it these days.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
2010's League Of Gentlemen-inspired Death Comes To Town mini-series was really good. So pretty optimistic the Kids can pull off a proper return.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
more like Midlife crisis in the hall am I right??

the crushing your head guy better come back..

also after superstore the guys voices sounds forced deep lol

Krathoon

I watched the first two episodes. The second one is funnier. Definitely R rated humor.

Imagine the TV show, but uncensored. I am surprised Amazon let them do it.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I watched the first two episodes. The second one is funnier. Definitely R rated humor.

Imagine the TV show, but uncensored. I am surprised Amazon let them do it.
You can see how they woked it though. Was a bit irritating and forced uponl Still reminds me of better times.

Top Bottom