• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XII & Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny coming to U.S. in 2009!

Cypher

SNK Playmore and Ignition Entertainment have announced the U.S. home console release for both The King of Fighters XII and Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny (Samurai Spirits Sen in Japan) in 2009.

The King of Fighters XII will be available for both the Xbox 360 and PS3. It will feature online play, and be priced at $59.99. The release date is scheduled for May 2009.

Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny will also be available for both the Xbox 360 and PS3. It will feature online play, and be priced at $59.99. The release date is scheduled for June 2009.

Also, as a reminder SNK and Ignition Ent.'s first distributed title will be The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match for PS2. This title is scheduled for January 2009 at a $19.99 price point.

Source: SNK Playmore/Ignition Entertainment @ GS Managers Conference

NolbertoS

Damn...I want to play online, but can't decide..I recently started playing KOF online on PSN, but now that KOF and Samurai Shodown is coming for Xbox360 and PS3..might buy both actually, so I can challenge anybody anytime. Still wish that the PS3 users could somehow miraculously challenge Xbox360 users in the future, but I doubt it'll ever happen. Wishful thinking for me.

mollipen

Cypher said:
The King of Fighters XII will be available for both the Xbox 360 and PS3. It will feature online play, and be priced at $59.99. The release date is scheduled for May 2009.

fap.gif

Cypher said:
Also, as a reminder SNK and Ignition Ent.'s first distributed title will be The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match for PS2. This title is scheduled for January 2009 at a $19.99 price point.
Did they forget about the soon to be released Metal Slug 7, or is it delayed, or what's going on here?

But anyways, SNK gets my monies, yea!

Crisis

Banned
I hope both games do well but wouldn't it be a far better idea to put these games up for download - at least on PS3?

mollipen

HyperZone<3 said:
Did they forget about the soon to be released Metal Slug 7, or is it delayed, or what's going on here?

I don't think it ended up being part of the Ignition co-publishing deal.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Crisis said:
I hope both games do well but wouldn't it be a far better idea to put these games up for download - at least on PS3?
... Why? I'm pretty sure SF4 is not going to be a download-able game, either.

Cypher said:

May 2009 sounds awesome, but I'll believe it when I see the game sitting on store shelves. This is SNK we are talking about :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I will most likely get PS3 versions for both but it's great that they're coming ou for both and so soon.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
ShinAmano said:
360 KOF XII day 1...Sam Sho...possibly day 1...but I know nothing about it...is Charlotte in?
I think Charlotte's in the game... let me double-check Wikipedia... yes, she is.

I wish Soul Calibur had the fatalities and blood (that's a TRUE Critical Finish, lol). The gameplay itself doesn't look so hot, but that shit is boss.

duffey

That's sooner than I thought it'd be for KOF so I'm happy. That + SF4 + the excellent looking sticks coming for that = fighting heaven!

TreIII

Good stuff. SEN/Edge of Destiny can fall down a well and die, for all I care, but KOFXII is what is basically going to vindicate my PS3 purchase next year, right there. :D

Shouta said:
I think it's poop myself. I do like the new characters though.

The gameplay immediately made me think Tekken. What with all the launcher, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab... well you get the point.

I still think it looks great, I was hoping that it would be more of a SFIV redux, but hey, I still want to try it out.

Top Bottom