• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Is this game coming to consoles or not? The engine is already done.

I just hate the idea that both SNK and Capcom shipped barebone MvC3 and KOF12 games ust to capitalize off early adopters with his updated graphics.

In KOF's case, doing that just pissed off the fanbase. And the netcode problems was the near killing blow for KOF12...and it's hurting MvC3 fans to the point where there will be BIG migration to MK9 when it arrives. Count on that.

IF there is any chance that a games (especially fighter) is going to have shaky online, then compensate but loading the hell out of it a la Blazblue.

Frankfurt

Banned
Shin Dynamo X said:
In KOF's case, doing that just pissed off the fanbase. And the netcode problems was the near killing blow for KOF12...and it's hurting MvC3 fans to the point where there will be BIG migration to MK9 when it arrives. Count on that.

IF there is any chance that a games (especially fighter) is going to have shaky online, then compensate but loading the hell out of it a la Blazblue.

KOF XII was planned for a 3-year development cycle. It took 4. They had a contract with Taito to uphold, and they fuicked it up by a whole year already. Then they had 4 years of bleeding money to make up for. They needed money - fast. Companies can't just keep delaying games, specially when they're tiny and don't have anything making money (the money they make on pachinko doesn't go into the gaming division).

Sadly, that's how shit works in the real world.

BlazBlue has good online because the game is filled with massive buffer windows. Even the arcade version had buffers to compensate for the input lag on the cabinets. SNK can't just add them now. They could with XII, but they didn't, so...

kdash7

luka said:
VYYvP.gif

Cant help it.. :(

Frankfurt said:
BlazBlue has good online because the game is filled with massive buffer windows. Even the arcade version had buffers to compensate for the input lag on the cabinets. SNK can't just add them now. They could with XII, but they didn't, so...

damn, nothing at all from SNK either about the release.

The more time goes on the more I fear for this title. It's not like they're delaying to fix balance issues or anything. It will be the same broken mess it is now. (k-dash etc.)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, this at least is some info! Compiled by The Prof at Madman's Cafe:

I'm a little late on these subjects--actually, I'm a little late on pretty much everything thanks to the damn situation on the east side here--but here's a few things that may spark some interest.

1. Eisuke Ogura still at SNKP : Nippon Chichi!!
a0193027_139980.jpg

Unfortunately the quake happened right before the EB fest, so the artwork never had the chance to go on public display. Pity.

2. NeoGeoFreak Section closing from Dorimaga, and hints to..
According to reports, the SNKP page/column on Dorimaga will end after this month's issue. The reports also say that SNKP publicist Yuzuko hints in this final column that "the game that everyone is anticipating will soon..."

Now again, I haven't checked the issue so I can't confirm on this Dorimaga news until a bit later. And well, it can be about anything. However...

3. Official KOF's novelist Akihiko Ureshino makes some really weird comments on Twitter (3/29).

"I recently asked assistant manager Copplay, "Is it ok if I write a few short stories for KOF or MI and post them on my personal site?". Well, I've just received a call saying "Not now, We've got things on our side that we're thinking of". Is something going to happen soon!?

No, there's now way it's about MI. I can pretty much testify to that. There's nobody to make it anyway. Unless of course they're doing things without my knowledge. I guess it's because if I write anything fuzzy, people would still take it as an official word.

If they did give me the go-ahead, there's stuff I can write immediately, like a story about Alba and Soiree.

But if they're saying not to touch on KOF around this time of the year, I think it's not too hard to imagine things. Heh. "

Personally, not sweating the long time to release at all. Hope they've added some stuff while we've waited. One or 2 more characters + SNKP's style of adjusting and balancing (as shown in UM's) would be totally worth the wait for me.

Has anyone in this thread been keeping up with the latest match videos, anyway? Watching Joe Higashi OCVing, the rise of Duo Lon, or the fact that the Arcade Infinity guys saved the XIII machine upon the arcades closure, and now moved to to Alex's Arcade? Then, they themselves held a tournament for it, with "Kunio" visiting from Japan as a special guest.

And how about this Team IORI Combo Video?

It's coming? PLEASE, don't let this be an April Fools joke. The situation for SNKP seems to be pretty depressing if they're going to stop with their magazine columns, it's very likely that KOF XIII will be their farewell song.
And the overpriced NeoGeo Station games being the uncalled for encores.

Is it appropriate to beg for console characters again? Yamazaki and Billy for me.

alstein

I'd pass on KOFXIII if it meant getting a KOFXIII UM or KOFXIV Dream Match a year or two later.

There's enough good stuff in the meantime to last, and SNK is so much better when they revisit stuff and polish it instead of rushing it out.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
luka said:
goddamnit you guys
fersis :mad:

General Shank-a-snatch said:
For crying out loud, quit bumping until we get real news. :(
I have news but i cant tell.

GOTY 2011 !!! WOOOO!!!!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Urban Scholar said:
Ok I'll bite...is this news that sites will report in like say...a month? If its more than that time period now that's hurtful.
Dunno the release date.

I just wanted to tell you guys that KOFXIII is indeed coming to consoles. I know lots of you were worried since the last 'SNKP wont make anymore games' news so yeah WORRY NOT GUYS! KOFXIII!!!

WOOOO!!!

no reason to flip out when an older thread gets bumped. you'll most probably see an announcement thread posted when the game is ready to be announced.

Dambrosi

Banned
Fersis said:
Dunno the release date.

I just wanted to tell you guys that KOFXIII is indeed coming to consoles. I know lots of you were worried since the last 'SNKP wont make anymore games' news so yeah WORRY NOT GUYS! KOFXIII!!!

WOOOO!!!
Not believing you today. If you're still saying this tomorrow, I'll bite.

Fersis

_dementia said:
Hey Fersis, if you can't say anything, why even post?
To let you guys know that KOFXIII is indeed coming.
Many folks still dont believe it though.

Dambrosi said:
Not believing you today. If you're still saying this tomorrow, I'll bite.
First : I posted yesterday.
Second : I dont joke about KOF.

EDIT: That Ogura drawing is awful.

Dambrosi

Banned
Fersis said:
To let you guys know that KOFXIII is indeed coming.
Many folks still dont believe it though.

First : I posted yesterday.
Second : I don't joke about KOF.
OK, then I believe you, and am very relieved to hear it. I thought I'd have to close the year out with Gory American Killfesta, Flying Loli Moe Fighter and Super Rehash Fighter Turbo Dash X: Ultimate Grandmaster's Challenge.

Fersis said:
EDIT: That Ogura drawing is awful.
You're just mad it isn't Blue Mary.

boobies

Augemitbutter said:
nothing wrong with balanced melons.
svct5ek-1.jpg

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Mai tits is best tits.

Also I definitely will get this when it comes to consoles someday.

Fersis said:
Dunno the release date.

WOOOO!!!

Yes, but...

...Nevermind, I don't get the feeling you're gonna tell us exactly why you're so sure. :l

Fersis

Yes, but...

...Nevermind, I don't get the feeling you're gonna tell us exactly why you're so sure. :l
Someone working on it told me so.

Dambrosi said:
You're just mad it isn't Blue Mary.
boobies
Blue Mary is cute but im loyal to Elizabeth.

Man SNKP should start hyping the hell up of this game.
COME ON!!!

Fersis said:
Dunno the release date.

WOOOO!!!

If you're having us on, I swear I'll track you down and force you to play Street Fighter 4!

Fersis

tubgirlsplumber said:
If you're having us on, I swear I'll track you down and force you to play BlazBlue!
Oh god no please no!!!

Frankfurt said:
Been so long that I can't muster any hype over this game anymore. I feel about XIII now the same way I felt about SF when IV was finally announced: "whatever". I want to get hyped again, but I just grew cold over the whole thing. Never thought I would be more excited about a MK than a KOF...
Its hard to get hyped when theres no official statements about the game.
How awesome it would be if KOFXIII is full of content like MK? Though the only im asking is :
Good practice mode and good netcode.

Frankfurt

Banned
Been so long that I can't muster any hype over this game anymore. I feel about XIII now the same way I felt about SF when IV was finally announced: "whatever". I want to get hyped again, but I just grew cold over the whole thing. Never thought I would be more excited about a MK than a KOF...

Dambrosi said:
OK, then I believe you, and am very relieved to hear it. I thought I'd have to close the year out with Gory American Killfesta, Flying Loli Moe Fighter and Super Rehash Fighter Turbo Dash X: Ultimate Grandmaster's Challenge.
Brb, telling Boon on twitter to change the game's name to this.

TreIII

Fersis said:
How awesome it would be if KOFXIII is full of content like MK?

Hell, more fighting games need to step it up and have the kind of package deal that MK has, period. The kind of stuff that KOFXII and MvC3 tried to get away with, needs to be put to bed, but good. Especially if they hope to be able to still woo that

I mean, SNK certainly has the potential for such. MI2 was one of the more content-rich fighting game releases of its type, a few years ago. If they were able to do something similar for a 2D KOF, that'd be nice to see.

Frankfurt

Banned
TreIII said:
Hell, more fighting games need to step it up and have the kind of package deal that MK has, period. The kind of stuff that KOFXII and MvC3 tried to get away with, needs to be put to bed, but good. Especially if they hope to be able to still woo that

I mean, SNK certainly has the potential for such. MI2 was one of the more content-rich fighting game releases of its type, a few years ago. If they were able to do something similar for a 2D KOF, that'd be nice to see.

Mi2 was the sequel to their best-selling fighter this century. Companies like the current SNK don't have the resources to do even 1/10 of what WB is doing with MK. Capcom, on he other hand are just too comfortable thinking they have it in the bag (which will make it even sweeter to see MK sell like crazy and get all the praise for it's content).

XIII's been in arcades for almost 9 months, I don't think we can expect any gameplay modes besides the usual Challenge and Survival. It would be real depressing if XIII doesn't even have a Challenge mode, there's enough gameplay depth for something like that.

alstein

XIII's been in arcades for almost 9 months, I don't think we can expect any gameplay modes besides the usual Challenge and Survival. It would be real depressing if XIII doesn't even have a Challenge mode, there's enough gameplay depth for something like that.

niche fighting games don't need a ton of thrills, just a good online mode as you're not going to find random dudes to play with if you're not part of the competitive community, so you need that online to play when you feel like it. The type of player who buys an SNK game is going to want to play an SNK fighter- not go through KOF: the Dating Sim or King of Go Carts (though an SNK version of Twisted Metal would be interesting)

The single-player content works best on the large market games like SF, MK, Smash, and SoulCal.

the problem is SNK doesn't do good online.

Fersis

alstein said:
niche fighting games don't need a ton of thrills, just a good online mode as you're not going to find random dudes to play with if you're not part of the competitive community, so you need that online to play when you feel like it. The type of player who buys an SNK game is going to want to play an SNK fighter- not go through KOF: the Dating Sim or King of Go Carts (though an SNK version of Twisted Metal would be interesting)

The single-player content works best on the large market games like SF, MK, Smash, and SoulCal.

the problem is SNK doesn't do good online.
Remember last year April fools day at SRK? lolol SNKP licensing GGPO lololol
MOTHER EFFERS ! >8(

The Take Out Bandit said:
B.JENET OR GTFO! >:|

TEAM PIRATE FTW!
Elizabeth is 100% girlfriend material.

It's not like I was expecting a Move/Kinect supported nailpolishing minigame starring Ash Crimson.

Just saying that SNKP should at least include the standard modes and not go barebones again like they did with XII. XI/98UM/02UM had challenge modes that involved almost all of the characters, I don't see a reason why XIII can't have that, unless SNKP is really, REALLY low on funding.

I'm not expecting good online and I don't think I'm the only one. We just want to play the game so bad that we'd still pay full price even if it only had Arcade, VS, Practice and Options. If SNKP is serious about not wanting to develop new games anymore, then they can seriously get away with anything, even turning the 7 special color schemes into DLC.

:(

Top Bottom