• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Classic Iori as DLC? Well, I believe that now that's all of the characters that were in XII's data, right? Best part is that it still said there's more new characters :D

Didn't see any mention about arrange mode though, it's not gonna be fun having to get used to two different versions of the game while also going back and forth if there are some drastic changes =/

Oh, and the story mode looks really sweet, you can tell they're going all out for the console release.

REALLY weird that only 360 NA gets the cover with Ash in it.

SAB CA said:
Wow, Kane317 unloaded a TON of observations onto DC. Here they are! The whole game is getting some pretty strong balance changes, the way it sounds:

Poor Clark, lol.

Betty :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
This doesn't seem to end, lol.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/story/index.html

Ok, official JP site updated, and... just look througha ll the story content. We're getting spoiled with fan service here. I'm not even going to TRY to list all the cameo appearances that take up RIGHT where XI ended.

There's fun stuff all over the site... so just dig right in!

We've also got the return of the KoF Blog Updates:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/07/post_30.html

And here's an SNKP press release:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/press_releases/pdf/110729_01.pdf

Adelheid has his own prologue intro along with Ash and Hiedern +Agent Team (Mary, Seth, Vanessa, Ramon). If i can wishlist, id say that Adel is def. playable , and The Agent Team and/or Hiedern will have some sort of playable appearance.

Also, that color edit for different parts of the clothes is godlike and a half.

N4Us

Beni's Ex Raijinken now holds the opponent in position allowing you to follow up. I believe CMD.Duc did (corner), Ex Raijinken (qcf+AC), A Raijinken, dp+K. Overall CDM.Duc says he's been buffed.

I'm horny.

Phoenixazure said:
Adelheid has his own prologue intro along with Ash and Hiedern +Agent Team (Mary, Seth, Vanessa, Ramon). If i can wishlist, id say that Adel is def. playable , and The Agent Team and/or Hiedern will have some sort of playable appearance.

Also, that color edit for different parts of the clothes is godlike and a half.

Adel's in the Black Noah bg :(

Anyways, the Story Mode details call it a Visual Novel, so I guess it'll be quite similar to Blazblue's. I am ok with this.

SolarKnight said:
Adel's in the Black Noah bg :(

Anyways, the Story Mode details call it a Visual Novel, so I guess it'll be quite similar to Blazblue's. I am ok with this.

i can see. it'd be a major bummer if he's unplayable but you can't win them all. One cool thing about color edit is it shows the backs of the characters as well. I'm curious if its a novelty thing or will we see player's backs in actual gameplay...

This game will have color edit? Awesome.
Im gonna have redhead Mai in a white outfit and blonde Mai in a black outfit for sure.
Once I get confirmation the online works well (upon release), I'll get this straight away, most likely.

AAK

I never understood why Iori used to tie his legs together... maybe to handicap himself because he was too broken? :p

Butoh man, this is looking like a very juicy package :)

Heretic Kazuma said:
Ask and you shall receive.

http://i.imgur.com/RQg7Q.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Horray! That's the version I was gonna have to get anyway so it works out for me! :D

Tizoc

Classic Iori? Meh, oh wait he's DLC? Cool, day 1 purchase, you'll gladly get my money SNK if this comes out as a good port \m/

@US Cover-
http://twitpic.com/5xcbdd
Hmmm it's cool but I kinda liked the JP one more ^_^; Still good job on it \m/

zlatko

Banned
SAB CA said:
It's worth a double posting:

SNKP Official KoF XIII promotional movie

Saiki and Billy shown in more depth, stages shown, modes shown, more story mode stuff, color edit shown, Iori DLC shown, promise of more characters announced soon.... Such awesome KoF XIII overload!

Release date confirmed for 27th of October as well where was before I think we were told 25th.

That color editor is awesome! :D

Saiki confirmed for top tier! :p

Korigama

Tizoc said:
You know I just noticed that XD. Hopefully the cover will be 2 in 1 like how some other games have their covers.

Possible, but I have my doubts. Atlus had two different covers for Catherine, one PS3 and one 360, but didn't make those reversible.

Tizoc

_dementia said:
I just wish I had clooneyface to go with it :(
Did Shinkiro do any Clooneyfaces for any of his MvC3 art?
TBH I'm not a fan of Classic Iori, but SNK deserve my money for this gem, so they can have it <3 Oh and Classic Iori'll be cool for my friends and bros who prefer Classic over XIII =P

I know it's not supposed to be because he's strong as fuck already...but seriously, them buffing K' is hilarious. Hilarious.

Nice changes for some of the other characters, too. Glad to see dropkick shenanigans got hacked into pretty good.

Korigama said:
Possible, but I have my doubts. Atlus had two different covers for Catherine, one PS3 and one 360, but didn't make those reversible.

the XII versions had different covers. not reversible, but straight different for japan and the west.

zlatko

Banned
RiderKairuu said:
KOFXIII tournament at Otakon this Saturday. Thinking about entering but I'll get blown up lol

Have you played it yet? GAF can teach you some basic combos to possibly win if you are good at other fighting games.

Terry combo: jump hp, stand hp, downforward +hp, qcb light punch, cancel into qcb light kick, hold down during this to get a charge, and then do up + both punches for ex rising tackle.

;D

zlatko said:
Have you played it yet? GAF can teach you some basic combos to possibly win if you are good at other fighting games.

Terry combo: jump hp, stand hp, downforward +hp, qcb light punch, cancel into qcb light kick, hold down during this to get a charge, and then do up + both punches for ex rising tackle.

;D
Yeah I've played it! And I understand that combo, just wish I could actually practice before hand.

Tizoc

zlatko said:

;D
That's sexy, but you will need to have the green bar half full and one super stock to perform this combo ;3

If Classic Iori is free pre-order DLC, then I guess I'll ask around which stores in my piece of crap country support this nonsense. I can think of one, but they tend to overcharge for games.

If he isn't free at all, then my money goes towards UMvC3 instead and I'll buy XIII when it's in the bargain bin. Got plenty of other games to keep me busy in the meantime.

Story mode looks really interesting, though. So does Color Edit, at least SNKP didn't go the Blazblue route with that one.

*The PR also seems to be kinda wrong with the 5 never before seen characters. Story Mode select screen had room for 2 more teams, who knows who we'll get.

zlatko

Banned
Tizoc said:
That's sexy, but you will need to have the green bar half full and one super stock to perform this combo ;3

Solution: Pick K' for your first character, and Terry for 2nd or third. After you get beat up and mauled with your other characters, you can go nuts with Terry. ;)

So, do we know if any/all of the already announced characters (Billy, Saiki, classic Iori) are part of the five new characters mentioned today?

Edit: According to this Siliconera article, it's five characters "never before seen in previous King of Fighters titles."

Finaika

General Shank-a-snatch said:
So, it seems that the unannounced characters besides Classic Iori will be paid DLC, along with stages, outfits and music.

Ridiculous.
SNKP needs the money.

Normally that would be kinda annoying, but really? You KNOW SNK is effing broke right now. If paying them for some DLC allows them to oh, I don't know...not go bankrupt, I'd say don't be cheap and pay up in this case.

Sadly, yeah. What's funny is that I bet most of these are unlock keys and that characters will be 5 a piece. You'd be paying at least 30 for extra stuff already on the disc. Fans don't seem to mind, though. My money goes elsewhere, SNKP can piss off and go bankrupt for all I care. There's more in life than gaming to spend cash on, after all these disappointments from so many companies that I used to love it really made me realize that.

I really thought that SNKP was on the right track and that Classic Iori was the only DLC character, but now that they unleashed this extreme DLC milking trash, I quit. I've been letdown way too many times by them, I bought the crappiest EU PS2 ports of games that I don't even like (Samurai Shodown V was a nightmare) to support them, the battered girlfriend syndrome is over for me.

Most people don't know when they are obviously getting scammed and I don't think they ever will. It's useless to convince them, they can keep getting scammed over and over if they like, I refuse to support this.

I rarely curse heavily, but I will make an exception this time.

FUCK YOU, SNKP.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I havent been to the thread in a few months so i hadn't seen some of the new stages. Looks really really good. Hopefully the netcode will hold up and wont bury this game.

Galdelico

InfiniDragon said:
Normally that would be kinda annoying, but really? You KNOW SNK is effing broke right now. If paying them for some DLC allows them to oh, I don't know...not go bankrupt, I'd say don't be cheap and pay up in this case.
'...and pay up again something you'll have already paid in this case', I'd say.

Dunno, I feel like it could be more 'support' than giving extra money for nothing to CAPCOM, but still, it shouldn't work this way.

They could have said nothing now, released the game with only Billy, Saiki and Classic Iori DLC, physically axed out of the disc the others and sold them regularly as 'new' addons (a bit like I guess NRS has done with Mortal Kombat).
This way it sounds a bit lame, even if it comes from SNKP. 'Hey! Never seen characters as console port goodies' 'Hey, you'll have to pay them twice!'

I'm assuming the rumour is reliable

zlatko

Banned
Stages as DLC? Definitely a crap move. If it's not like 2 dollars a pop, then I won't bother. Stock ones are fine.

DLC characters? That's the norm now. I can't fault SNK for going down a route of raking in money if it's working for others.

DLC music? Don't care, and most won't. I can just as easily download w/e music it is, and then set it up on my 360 to play when I'm gaming.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yes, because they seriously haven't added anything else to this game! Man, this port looks bare bones! How dare they potentially make future content DLC!

(-_-;)

Anyway, the trailer seems to suggest that more characters will be added to the "part of the console release" portion of the game. Iori and DLC are seperate, so the chance of getting more non-DLC characters is actually pretty good right now.

With all the horror stories of SNKP's game division breaking into pieces, people leaving the company, overly hard work hours, and general "not as big as they used to be!" stuff, how can anyone complain over possible DLC, with all the crazy content this retail package has revealed in the past few hours?

How much would all the additional colors and edit options have cost if they were a feature in Blazblue? Yet this is a standard feature of this release.

How many changes and balances did Kane and ANSWER list to characters, after the first day of playtesting? And they still suggest that theres a HUGE amount more to reveal? How much of that stuff sounds like inspired changes, and not just thrown-in differences to claim "lookit, it's new"?

How many stages were added to this game, NOT as DLC, but as new just for this release? And we can assume the classic themes that are available in the arcade release, are already in the console game already.

SNKP hasn't yet shown that they'll charge for things that don't already have substantial likeness in the console release. Nothing has been "held back" at this point, and the new content appears to be at a high quality par VS the arcade release stuff. No Mature and Betty XII type neutered movesets on Saiki or DLC Bonus Iori. Even Billy looks solid!

....It just seems like, at this point, that you would have to extremely cynical to whine and moan over anything at this point. I mean, sure, we can complain over Namco Bandai's overpriced Idolm@ster DLC, or 100s of dollars for ace combat stuff... but complaining over this? Take it to somewhere, something else, that actually deserves it!

I'll just leave with this quote from Kane's changelist, which sums up how I feel, after all the news and info shared over the past day or so:

Once again, I apologize if I misreport something or I have left something out. There were simply far too many changes to record them all let alone let my overstimulated mind process.

The wait was all worth it guys , my hats off to SNKP. The game feels like a HUGE improvement over a near perfect XIII 1.1. Speaking of labels, I dubbed the console version XIII.5 and Aram from Atlus seems to agree with me.

SAB CA said:
....It just seems like, at this point, that you would have to extremely cynical to whine and moan over anything at this point. I mean, sure, we can complain over Namco Bandai's overpriced Idolm@ster DLC, or 100s of dollars for ace combat stuff... but complaining over this? Take it to somewhere, something else, that actually deserves it!

You've been here long enough to know people will complain regardless. It comes down to what they as a consumer will want to pay for. People will peg me as part of the problem but I'll say this. If this game turns out solid, then I will buy every piece of DLC that will add to my gaming experience, enjoyment and longevity of KOF XIII. I'm finally getting what I wanted out of the series since my time with XI.

zlatko

Banned
Urban Scholar said:
You've been here long enough to know people will complain regardless. It comes down to what they as a consumer will want to pay for. People will peg me as part of the problem but I'll say this. If this game turns out solid, then I will buy every piece of DLC that will add to my gaming experience, enjoyment and longevity of KOF XIII. I'm finally getting what I wanted out of the series since my time with XI.

I'm in the same boat. If the game on disc = fantastic, then I'll get DLC that will make that experience better and I find is worth the price for my wallet.

At this point I'm far less concerned with what they want to add in as DLC and more so how that net code will turn out. xD

Edit: LOL @CadetMahoney. Welcome to 20+ hours ago bro. xD

Urban Scholar said:
If this game turns out solid . . .
Trust me this game IS solid. It's fun as fuck. Casuals can do all the combos and inputs are really lenient ala SF4.

The problem is if the netcode will be as good as the most played online fighters right now.

As i already said I will buy every piece of DLC , i don't normally do that i bought like 1 costume pack for all the SF4 games that came out .
I want SNK to be around to build on this so we can get KOF XIV with more chars and stages.
So i will buy every piece of DLC other than music .

KOFXIII looking to be one hell of game i can't wait to get my hands on it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Oh man all the announcements always happen when im sleeping.

- Lots of stages
- Tutorial mode
- More characters
- Mission mode
- Color edit mode
- Replay system
- Tonz of new art
- Rebalance

This is the game ive always dreamed of.
Any KOF would feel the same as me right now. Its a mix of happiness with 'ZOMFG I CANT BELIEVE IT'

Top Bottom