• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

CadetMahoney said:
Trust me this game IS solid. It's fun as fuck. Casuals can do all the combos and inputs are really lenient ala SF4.

The problem is if the netcode will be as good as the most played online fighters right now.

Well all I need now is a confirm of the netcode like everyone else.

alstein

I can't see this game flopping, as long as the netcode is better then Marvel. It's got appeal to combo freaks, and anime fans. The only concern will be balance, but I don't think even super-K' will be THAT bad, if other chars got buffed up, and SNK has time for some last-minute balance tweaks also (probably about six weeks)

If K' is really bad, I just hope EVO folks bitch at SNK to fix him (is SNK there or just the build?)

On the unannounced chard being DLC- I'm actually cool with that, but on one condition. It's not like creating 2D chars at this level of detail is easy. This isn't 10-minute SSFIV character creator here.

Where you're pumping out DLC, you put patches into the game to rebalance to go with the DLC.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
alstein said:
If K' is really bad, I just hope EVO folks bitch at SNK to fix him (is SNK there or just the build?)

Kei Yamamoto, one of the minds behind KOFXIII, will be in attendance at EVO.

PJX

I will support SNK by buying 2 copies (Xbox 360 NA, Xbox 360 PAL) of this game and every DLC available. Capcom should take note on this.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
No. 17's K' details, translated by MMC's Professor:

K' nerf details by 17:

• 2B can still be canceled.
  • Air Minutes Spike drops faster after hitting, but there's longer recovery.
  • EX Second Shell floats opponent high and far, but Minutes Spike can still somehow hit.
    -
    -
  • EX Minutes Spike damage down from 150>110 on ground, 120>70 in air.
  • Slight Frame disadvantage after Iron Trigger, both strengths.
  • Chain may be a little harder to connect.
  • Second Shell's hitbox is smaller. 2A or 5C>6A, 5C(2nd hit)>Weak Iron Trigger> Second Shell won't connect.
  • Second Shell's recovery is longer. Weak Iron Trigger> Shell > Feirce Minutes Spike > Feirce Crow Bites won't connect (weak will).
  • Short hop D has smaller hitbox, doesn't hit if done on the way up.
  • Fierce Minutes Spike whiffs against crouching opponent (weak will). (I assume he means weak DOES NOT? -SAB CA)
  • Weak Crow Bites damage down from 60/40>50/30.
  • Narrow Spike recovery is longer, frame disadvantage when Blocked. About 7 frames by feeling.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dreamcancel Exclusive Interview with Atlus

GET HAIP MOFOS!

3. Will there be a tutorial mode? Challenge mode?
SNK/P: There is a Tutorial mode to teach the novice players the basics of the game, and a Trial mode that challenges the players to perform crazy combos. Even if you can’t pull them off, you can watch a demonstration of each combo for your enjoyment or research. There are other modes as well, such as Time Attack and Survival, allowing the players to enjoy the game for a long time in a variety of ways.
SNKP gets it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
This particular news catches my eye (Pardon me if it has nothing to do with gameplay!)

6. Will there be a special edition? Pre-order bonuses?
ATLUS: In what is the biggest pre-order bonus we’ve ever offered in our 20+ year history, folks who reserve their copies at participating retailers (while supplies last) will receive a 4-CD soundtrack compilation featuring music spanning the 15+ year history of KOF. It’s the ultimate collectible for series fans, and truly a tremendous value.

I wonder what that means for Ior- 4 CD'S WORTH OF KOF MUSIC! -party-

alstein

SAB CA said:
No. 17's K' details, translated by MMC's Professor:

That is how you properly nerf a character. You don't rape them completely, you tone down their overpowered tools, but give them a couple new things to play with so people don't get bored and just abandon the character.

I want to know who those participating retailers are- that would make me pre-order. I'm getting it anyways, but I hate preordering since sometimes a friend breaks street date on stuff.

That Atlus interview- that whole button config thing worries me a bit- it doesn't sound like BB/HDR/Arcana style- I can see nightmares for tourney play, especially since SNK fans really do vary their configs. That's small potatoes though.

I am very encouraged, I just wish I knew who was coming though- I'm hoping for some good characters, and that would enhance the life of the game.

i wonder if they'll add the arranged tracks or be content with the neo geo versions. either way, 4 CDs full of music as a pre-order incentive is crazy good, i haven't seen a similar tribute yet.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Mockingbird said:
haven't kept up. Is Saiki a completely new chara?

He's got a lot of frames from Ash, but technicaly, yes, entirely new. There is a large naked man version of Saiki as a boss character in the arcade game, but THIS saiki is a modified Ash (he's his ancestor) who seems to have teleports, powers of darkness, a different command normal/special normal, and works with command motions, rather than charge ones.

I can stop bitching about K but fuck man i want that Pre-order bonuses but there's no way for me to get it because of where i live.
After reading the interview SNK\Atlus seem to know what the fans want i love everything i read about it .

I don't mind the DLC at all. They've already shown more than enough for a satisfying console port. It all seems to be here.

I'm totally down with an XII stage pack for a few bucks. Remakes of other classic stages would also be fantastic. This would be a different story if it only had six backgrounds like XII did, but this is clearly not the case.

As far as DLC characters go... I feel like if they make them cool enough then I wont have any problem coughing up the cash. It also gives me the option to pass on any moe bait characters they attempt to add! Hahahah.

SAB CA said:
This particular news catches my eye (Pardon me if it has nothing to do with gameplay!)

Holy shit. I will definitely preorder at a participating retailer.

Oh man! The story cutscenes with the lightly animated static images remind me so much of classic Neo Geo intros and endings! I love it. Art style is so nice also!

The flash of Joe jumping down from the balcony from the Pao Pao Cafe in the hoodie at the beginning of the XIII trailer is directly from the "Fatal Fury Team Story" text on KOF-i!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
8. Can games be recorded for replay?
SNK/P: There is, in fact, a Replay mode. You can play frame-by-frame, pause in the middle, skip the entire round, etc. It’s a perfect tool to analyze matches.

Dope. I'm sold

Game has a real solid feature set even outside of DLC speculation.

Have they said what the participating retailers are for the CDs? I'll preorder there as soon as its announced

I wonder if the replay mode is for online matches only like BlazBlue and SSFIV/AE.
I need my local replays! I couldn't care less about online ones.

Lots of great news all around. def. gotta reserve the game and get the soundtrack. With the DLC hubub, I'm hoping that they come in packages like a char+stage+music dlc like Iori98. Still gonna be 4-5 new characters in the console release itself with a color edit mode so players can make their own darn costumes instead of paying 5 bucks like in blazblue. DLC could stay to alt. costumes/movesets (like 98 Kyo, Garou Terry, Charge Char Robert, etc).

Either way, this is the most content filled fighter since MK, and can pass Blazblue in that regard. If the netcode is even decent (mvc3 or SF4 level) or good (Blazblue Level) Then there is no reason this game shouldn't sell.

General Shank-a-snatch said:
So, it seems that the unannounced characters besides Classic Iori will be paid DLC, along with stages, outfits and music.

Ridiculous.

Where does it say that?

I can stop bitching about K but fuck man i want that Pre-order bonuses but there's no way for me to get it because of where i live.

I know how you feel. I NEED that pre-order bonus D:

SolarKnight said:
Where does it say that?

Google translate from the SNKP XIII website:

"Jump to online stores in the PlayStation ® Store / Xbox LIVE ® Marketplace from within the game, you can buy additional content directly to the various serving up the game even more. Custom themes (wallpapers) Gamers and icons, you can download the BGM additional stages and characters."

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
alstein said:
I can't see this game flopping, as long as the netcode is better then Marvel. It's got appeal to combo freaks, and anime fans. The only concern will be balance, but I don't think even super-K' will be THAT bad, if other chars got buffed up, and SNK has time for some last-minute balance tweaks also (probably about six weeks)

I can see this game bombing simply because of the bad taste that XII left in everyone's mouth.

patrickthehedgehog said:
Google translate from the SNKP XIII website:

"Jump to online stores in the PlayStation ® Store / Xbox LIVE ® Marketplace from within the game, you can buy additional content directly to the various serving up the game even more. Custom themes (wallpapers) Gamers and icons, you can download the BGM additional stages and characters."

I was asking more specifically about the unannounced characters though, so far the only DLC is Classic Iori, and sure, there may be more DLC characters, but who says we won't get any more characters in the game that are not DLC?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
i never play online (usually play with my roommate or my buddies that come over on weekends), so netcode doesn't matter to me either way. Looking forward to picking this up and playing a new KOF again. :D

SolarKnight said:
I was asking more specifically about the unannounced characters though, so far the only DLC is Classic Iori, and sure, there may be more DLC characters, but who says we won't get any more characters in the game that are not DLC?

Gotcha. I guess what seems to make me think that they're done adding free characters is the layout of the Japanese website that focuses on Billy Kane, Saiki and Iori, but as far as I know nothing has been officially said.

http://www.atlus.com/kofxiii/

Well! Look whats up!

Website also gives you a chance to check out the new characters moves. Not all teams are up, but there are only enough blanked out squares for the remainder of the teams from the arcade release. Any characters beyond this point will probably be DLC.

pur_01.png

Atlus Faithful email

kofxiii_faithful_cdreveal_crop.jpg

N4Us

SAB CA said:

I preordered at Gamestop a week back. GIVE ME A CD DAMNIT

patrickthehedgehog said:

Well! Look whats up!

Website also gives you a chance to check out the new characters moves. Not all teams are up, but there are only enough blanked out squares for the remainder of the teams from the arcade release. Any characters beyond this point will probably be DLC.

pur_01.png

Atlus Faithful email

kofxiii_faithful_cdreveal_crop.jpg
Are the chances of getting these outside the US anything other than 0? :(

That pre-order bonus is beautiful. So beautiful. 4-CDs of King of Fighters music? So, so good.

I'm really thinking of getting the game for both systems.

For those interested in a re-cap:

No17 has confirmed K dash nerf details by 17:

2B can still be canceled.
Air Minutes Spike drops faster after hitting, but there’s longer recovery.
EX Second Shell floats opponent high and far, but Minutes Spike can still somehow hit.

EX Minutes Spike damage down from 150>110 on ground, 120>70 in air.
Slight Frame disadvantage after Iron Trigger, both strengths.
Chain may be a little harder to connect.
Second Shell’s hitbox is smaller. 2A or 5C>6A, 5C(2nd hit)>Weak Iron Trigger> Second Shell won’t connect.
Second Shell’s recovery is longer. Weak Iron Trigger> Shell > Feirce Minutes Spike > Feirce Crow Bites won’t connect (weak will).
Short hop D has smaller hitbox, doesn’t hit if done on the way up.
Feirce Minutes Spike whiffs against crouching opponent (weak will).
Weak Crow Bites damage down from 60/40>50/30.
Narrow Spike recovery is longer, frame disadvantage when Blocked. About 7 frames by feeling.

Kurtofan

patrickthehedgehog said:

Well! Look whats up!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/takk28/pur_01.png[/IG]

Atlus Faithful email

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/takk28/kofxiii_faithful_cdreveal_crop.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
Haha I don't know much about KOF and I love that Ash Crimson's moves are Revolutionary months and other French Revolution references.

Dave Long

Banned
Grrrr... Amazon doesn't list the pre-order bonus yet. I hope they get it! I'd much rather use my Prime than go through Gamestop online.

c0rderr0y

Neo Member
Glad this is turning out the way it is.... I just hope that the Netcode will be able to handle the awesomeness of this game....

PJX

Dave Long said:
Grrrr... Amazon doesn't list the pre-order bonus yet. I hope they get it! I'd much rather use my Prime than go through Gamestop online.

On the KOF website, it list Amazon is one of the participating retailers. So it maybe a case that Amazon hasn't updated the page yet.

Dave Long said:

On the Atlus newsletter it recommends that you preorder at Amazon or GS so you should be safe with either!

Top Bottom