• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Shadow780

gundamkyoukai said:
That also get nerf , it takes longer to come out and you can no longer combo 2 of them mid screen .

SolarKnight said:
They take longer to charge and can't combo into themselves outside the corner anymore :D

IpUK4.gif

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Whoa @ that pre-order bonus. I put mine in last week at Gamestop but they didn't mention it. Hope they're one of the "participating retailers". Can't believe how amazing this game is turning out to be...

Tizoc

Ugh I don't like how they write the moves in their Japanese names =/
EDIT: Hopefully someone can check the website code to see if they can find hints at any other characters in the game. ATM I count possibly 6 additional characters.
Here's hoping HonFu and Grant make it as playable characters ;.;

Tizoc said:
Ugh I don't like how they write the moves in their Japanese names =/
EDIT: Hopefully someone can check the website code to see if they can find hints at any other characters in the game. ATM I count possibly 6 additional characters.
Here's hoping HonFu and Grant make it as playable characters ;.;

Grant wow never thought i would see that name .
There allot of people from old KOF i would like to see back and not from other series .

kyubajin

Would you recommend this game for KoF newbies? I read a long time ago in Shoryuken.com that KoF 98 was a better entry into the series, but I'm a sucker for this new graphic style. Should I get XII before this one?

kyubajin said:
Would you recommend this game for KoF newbies? I read a long time ago in Shoryuken.com that KoF 98 was a better entry into the series, but I'm a sucker for this new graphic style. Should I get XII before this one?

Don't bother with XII it's a waste of money .
I would say XIII is a good KOF to start with , it make no sense play 98 since it so different from XIII.
Plus with all the extra stuff they add to tutorial it's a good time to start to play KOF .

kyubajin said:
Yes, combos are easier than other games.
I think it is a good idea to start with an earlier entry, but inputs tend to be somewhat stricter in those games.
And no, 12 isn't very good.

Tizoc

kyubajin said:
You don't need to play XII, but XIII is rather easy to learn.

@gundamyoukai- Are you saying you'd rather have KoF characters than non-KoF characters?
Cuz as much as I would like to see the 94 USA team in this, I'd be more pleased with characters from other SNK fighters more, simply for the sake of exposure.

Tizoc said:
You don't need to play XII, but XIII is rather easy to learn.

@gundamyoukai- Are you saying you'd rather have KoF characters than non-KoF characters?
Cuz as much as I would like to see the 94 USA team in this, I'd be more pleased with characters from other SNK fighters more, simply for the sake of exposure.

Yeah i would like to see old KOF chars rather than new chars from other series.
The get old players back into the arcade playing the new version of the game and because they also have allot of old fan fav missing .
Plus if the add chars from other series i much rather from old school games like FF Real Bout special and AOF 3 .

Some more notes from Kane317 in regards to balance changes

Vice's Ex splash starts up faster but it only goes half screen.
Clark's B SAB now has autoguard, thanks for the tip Laban.
Kula's Ex Ray Spin lost invincibility, Andy's s.C now does two hits and both are cancellable.

Translated K' nerfs from MMCAFE (notes written by Kunio/No. 17 OF KCE fame)

2B can still be canceled.
Air Minutes Spike drops faster after hitting, but there's longer recovery.
EX Second Shell floats opponent high and far, but Minutes Spike can still somehow hit.

EX Minutes Spike damage down from 150>110 on ground, 120>70 in air.
Slight Frame disadvantage after Iron Trigger, both strengths.
Chain may be a little harder to connect.
Second Shell's hitbox is smaller. 2A or 5C>6A, 5C(2nd hit)>Weak Iron Trigger> Second Shell won't connect.
Second Shell's recovery is longer. Weak Iron Trigger> Shell > Feirce Minutes Spike > Feirce Crow Bites won't connect (weak will).
Short hop D has smaller hitbox, doesn't hit if done on the way up.
Feirce Minutes Spike whiffs against crouching opponent (weak will).
Weak Crow Bites damage down from 60/40>50/30.
Narrow Spike recovery is longer, frame disadvantage when Blocked. About 7 frames by feeling.

Theonik

patrickthehedgehog said:
http://www.atlus.com/kofxiii/

Well! Look whats up!

Website also gives you a chance to check out the new characters moves. Not all teams are up, but there are only enough blanked out squares for the remainder of the teams from the arcade release. Any characters beyond this point will probably be DLC.

pur_01.png

Atlus Faithful email

kofxiii_faithful_cdreveal_crop.jpg
OK, now I'm probably importing. Keep up the good work Atlus!

Dear Atus: THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the crazy extras this is getting. The game alone and poor netcode would've been fine with me, but you've gone far beyond the call of duty. This deserves to sell 10x as much as it will due to sheer love given to this game alone.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dat PS3 boxart. KoF94-98 > KoF99-'13.
Yes, I know K' is part of the PS3 boxart. Ignore him.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Dat PS3 boxart. KoF94-98 > KoF99-'13.
Yes, I know K' is part of the PS3 boxart. Ignore him.
You said that SNKP was dead and that the console version would be awful.

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM CROWS?

GrayFoxPL

Phoenixazure said:
Some more notes from Kane317 in regards to balance changes

Vice's Ex splash starts up faster but it only goes half screen.
Clark's B SAB now has autoguard, thanks for the tip Laban.
Kula's Ex Ray Spin lost invincibility, Andy's s.C now does two hits and both are cancellable.

Translated K' nerfs from MMCAFE (notes written by Kunio/No. 17 OF KCE fame)

2B can still be canceled.
Air Minutes Spike drops faster after hitting, but there's longer recovery.
EX Second Shell floats opponent high and far, but Minutes Spike can still somehow hit.

EX Minutes Spike damage down from 150>110 on ground, 120>70 in air.
Slight Frame disadvantage after Iron Trigger, both strengths.
Chain may be a little harder to connect.
Second Shell's hitbox is smaller. 2A or 5C>6A, 5C(2nd hit)>Weak Iron Trigger> Second Shell won't connect.
Second Shell's recovery is longer. Weak Iron Trigger> Shell > Feirce Minutes Spike > Feirce Crow Bites won't connect (weak will).
Short hop D has smaller hitbox, doesn't hit if done on the way up.
Feirce Minutes Spike whiffs against crouching opponent (weak will).
Weak Crow Bites damage down from 60/40>50/30.
Narrow Spike recovery is longer, frame disadvantage when Blocked. About 7 frames by feeling.
iexrmS.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Poster being given away at Otakon:

100_3786.jpg

Background Cameos:

Sky Noah: Adel, Rose (both characters appear in different parts of the stage more than once) Rugal and Rodem

Alley: Mr. Big and Karman Cole

Forest: Kain faces off against Kagami, Charlotte

Rose Stadium Rooftop: Hanzo

Kyokugen Dojo: Kasumi along with Marco and Hayate Also, there's a Masutatsu Oyama reference with a poster of Takuma attacking a bull on the left side of the stage.

Special thanks to AmedoS310 on DC for the pic and cameo list!

BONUS: Video from Otakon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ1gB9RyqjM

Warning: Anime and KoF Fans present!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Elisabeth looks incredible in that art. @__@

<3

TheSeks said:
They are dead to me. And they still are. You think I'm buying this? Really? Fersis? Really? All I'm saying is, that's decent box art from Atlus and not SNK/Suckmore.
Your salty rage pleases me greatly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:
You said that SNKP was dead and that the console version would be awful.

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM CROWS?

They are dead to me. And they still are. You think I'm buying this? Really? Fersis? Really? All I'm saying is, that's decent box art from Atlus and not SNK/Suckmore.

Frankfurt

Banned
TheSeks said:

Ogura works for Atlus, now? They made the KOFXIII logo, too? Good to know!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
TheSeks said:
You're a smart one, arentcha?

TreIII

robut said:
Dear Atus: THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the crazy extras this is getting. The game alone and poor netcode would've been fine with me, but you've gone far beyond the call of duty. This deserves to sell 10x as much as it will due to sheer love given to this game alone.

This this this. I paid this puppy off in full a month and some change ago. Even more happy that I did so now.

Fersis

BTW should i make a new thread? New news new thread rule and all that. :3

theanswerkof said:
Looks like we will have a special KOF XIII event streamed on the main EVO stream! Keep posted!!!!!

RedSwirl

After reading an interview and seeing this game at Otakon, I am at the very least renting it. I enjoyed my XII rental but there just wasn't enough content for $60. How much is this gonna be?

Fersis

RedSwirl said:
After reading an interview and seeing this game at Otakon, I am at the very least renting it. I enjoyed my XII rental but there just wasn't enough content for $60. How much is this gonna be?
50 of the best bucks you have ever spent.

CcrooK said:
Everything looks good. Bottom line: Netcode. That's the deal breaker for me.
Thats what we are all waiting for, I am pretty confident they will have decent netcode though, I mean that is there main focal point so I don't see how they can fail.

Vespa

Buying this regardless of netcode. The effort that's going into this...just wow, I have to support this.

Who's publishing this in PAL land? I want my 4-CD bonus!

Tizoc

Black Republican said:
this looks soooooo good, i donno why kof 12 was so fucking crap though
I'm guessing it's because it doesn't play like the KoFs before it (i.e. not more of the same, which KoF 13 feels more like).
Plus the system had some stuff that weren't implemented right, mainly the Custom Combo sub system.

BadWolf

Vespa said:
Buying this regardless of netcode. The effort that's going into this...just wow, I have to support this.

I would too but I have to buy a current gen console for this so no solid netcode no buy.

Top Bottom