• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

Neo G has been walking around the office going "RAGING STORM!" for several days now because he was excited to show this. What a cool easter egg that even some of us didn't know about. Haha.

BadWolf

Neo G has been walking around the office going "RAGING STORM!" for several days now because he was excited to show this. L What a cool easter egg that even some of us didn't know about. Haha.

That's so awesome lol, high five him on my behalf.

I love how it isn't just a fun secret that you find amusing for a moment but something that is actually super useful for anyone playing the game.

Guess this sets up a precedent for his games now and ppl won't be caught off guard like this next time :p

Gren

T7 on PC seems to be dead, so I've jumped onto this now that's it been "officially" released on Steam. I'm loving it, even though I'm getting the shit kicked out of me.

Rhapsody

Banned
Finally got around to trying out the official steam release after the beta. Game runs a lot better now. Still some issues and frame drops in the racing stage and train stage, but it's not as constant as before. I can deal with this.

I just bought the Steam edition cause I always had my eye on this fighter ever since it was released. I've never been into the KoF series but I'm getting more into fighters recently.

What characters are considered having good footsies?

Trying to find something similar to Chun-Li from SFV, she had good normals. I really enjoy in fighting games pressing the correct button at the right time.

BadWolf

I just bought the Steam edition cause I always had my eye on this fighter ever since it was released. I've never been into the KoF series but I'm getting more into fighters recently.

What characters are considered having good footsies?

Trying to find something similar to Chun-Li from SFV, she had good normals. I really enjoy in fighting games pressing the correct button at the right time.

Check out Mai, King, Billy, Ryo, Ralf, Daimon and Muimui.

Check out Mai, King, Billy, Ryo, Ralf, Daimon and Muimui.

Thanks! I tried them and liked Muimui and Daimon from my short time. I mostly dig there designs. Daimon has a cool move that grabs someone from the air, find it hard to time it but when I do, feel like a god.

Gren

Why does the Steam version of this keep getting so many updates? Each are only a few MB but it takes forever to begin downloading, and just as long to install. No other game in my library behaves this way when updating.

EDIT: The beta also did this, but I thought those frequent updates were because...it was a beta.

BadWolf

Why does the Steam version of this keep getting so many updates? Each are only a few MB but it takes forever to begin downloading, and just as long to install. No other game in my library behaves this way when updating.

EDIT: The beta also did this, but I thought those frequent updates were because...it was a beta.

They are fixing bugs etc.

They release patch notes after every update, here are the latest.

I finally figured out that the steam version does not function well while being stored a secondary drive.

I run it on an external drive, works well.

I'm really starting to like KoF, has a lot of interesting characters and mechanics. Shame it isn't that popular at least in the steam edition, find it hard to find online matches :/

Amedo310

I run ssd/ HDD set-ups. For so reason, the snk logo fails to play smoothly when I have the steam install in the hdd, which is my secondary drive. The games still have small frame drops like 98UMFE.

I run it on an external drive, works well.

I'm really starting to like KoF, has a lot of interesting characters and mechanics. Shame it isn't that popular at least in the steam edition, find it hard to find online matches :/

Free play and hosting rooms for a long time works or start networking with folks to play.

Bump: Steam model swap and life bar mods:

https://youtu.be/InYbkaLVbQY

Is there a mod to add chest hair to Daimon hueuhe.

I'm really digging this game. Found a new love for King of Dinosaurs, he is just really funny and has a cool playstyle. I also enjoy Mian, really like her design and playstyle but don't like pressing that many buttons.
Which other characters are considered the "annoying" ones? Falcon girl seems cool.

Amedo310

Is there a mod to add chest hair to Daimon hueuhe.

I'm really digging this game. Found a new love for King of Dinosaurs, he is just really funny and has a cool playstyle. I also enjoy Mian, really like her design and playstyle but don't like pressing that many buttons.
Which other characters are considered the "annoying" ones? Falcon girl seems cool.

Nakoruru (Falcon Girl), King, Kula

Nakoruru (Falcon Girl), King, Kula

King is annoying? I find her pretty standard but I admit I know very little of the game. Is her zoning/footsies considered that good?
Found out her LK has armor properties, that shit feels so gud when you get it right.
Will try Falcon girl and see if I can be annoying.

Amedo310

King is annoying? I find her pretty standard but I admit I know very little of the game. Is her zoning/footsies considered that good?
Found out her LK has armor properties, that shit feels so gud when you get it right.
Will try Falcon girl and see if I can be annoying.

King is annoying at keep away and yes, she has a great fireball game. Far D, cr. C, df+D (slide) are great tools. She has cvs2 bioson nonsense with slide and it can punish jump-ins.

DEATH™

Are you referring to this?

19511468_146205935930537_697327242432968983_n.png

But yeah according to that we are getting BLUE MARY, HINAKO and HEIDERN

Amedo310

Kofxii and 02um has leftover data for characters who did not make in the final game. This is normal for SNK. Take the new rumors with a grain of salt.

Case in point:

Neowave has K9999: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NqFj6tXmYE

KOF 02UM has unreleased Chizuru (just character sprite with no moves), Orochi Iori, and K9999 (both are nearly finished characters.)

Amedo310

KOF Finals are on Friday night. One day tourney is cool for me. I can go enjoy other games too while I'm at the venue.

My first opponent might be Madkof in round 2 of my pool. Damn. I'm coming off with a bad night of trying out online too. I too out of it atm. lol

Futaleufu

KOF Finals are on Friday night. One day tourney is cool for me. I can go enjoy other games too while I'm at the venue.

If SNK doesnt bother to announce anything at EVO, I can't blame them. Better save any annoucements for the TGS or other venues.

BadWolf

KoF at Evo is friggin loaded:

- Koukou
- Reynald
- Xiaohai
- Abao
- Baek
- Romance
- Koji KOG
- Violent Kain
- Xiaohu
- Madkof
- Umezono
- Layec
- M'
- ET
- Isauro
- Khannibal
- ChrisKof
- Oogosyo

I'd like to believe that KOF XIV will get more DLC, but I'm not too hopeful on that front.

Maybe we'll get some news/teases at EVO?

I definitely think they will come with some kind of an announcement/tease to Evo.

A new game might be a stretch but new content for XIV is very likely.

My first opponent might be Madkof in round 2 of my pool. Damn. I'm coming off with a bad night of trying out online too. I too out of it atm. lol

Baek from from Chile is also in your pool, really strong player. Plenty of footage of him and Madkof available if you want to study up.

Amedo310

KoF at Evo is friggin loaded:
Baek from from Chile is also in your pool, really strong player. Plenty of footage of him and Madkof available if you want to study up.

Will do. Baek has some recent stuff but Madkof's content seems to be more re-uploads of 3 or more months old. I hear that he just streams a lot of SFV now. I plan to hold a room anyway to attract a lot of players through the Evo weekend. Too bad I could not resreved the media suite. I only have the king suite. Also, I'll be at the SNK suite on Thursday night which will be held by Hellpckets. I want to play many players at possible at this point.

BadWolf

Will do. Baek has some recent stuff but Madkof's content seems to be more re-uploads of 3 or more months old. I hear that he just streams a lot of SFV now. I plan to hold a room anyway to attract a lot of players through the Evo weekend. Too bad I could not resreved the media suite. I only have the king suite. Also, I'll be at the SNK suite on Thursday night which will be held by Hellpckets. I want to play many players at possible at this point.

Madkof just doesn't upload much to youtube anymore, he still streams plenty on his twitch channel, check out the archives.

And good luck at Evo, have fun and hope to see you on stream.

I seem to be in pool A610 apparently. As someone that pretty much just entered to support the game how utterly fucked does it look like I am?

BadWolf

I seem to be in pool A610 apparently. As someone that pretty much just entered to support the game how utterly fucked does it look like I am?

Well between KojiKOG (Japan) and Nerdjosh (aka Birdjosh) your chances aren't looking so hot. There is also another JP player there as well as one from Hong Kong, though I don't recognize the names.

On the plus side you might get styled on by dinosaurs and birds :p

Honestly I'm under no illusion that I wouldn't just go 0-2 anyways regardless of who I played against. I entered because I love the game but unfortunately I don't get much chance to play it in general, much less against real people.

BadWolf

Just have fun man, most people will be going home 0-2 so it's no big deal. Evo is about a lot more than just competing, there is a ton to do outside of that.

Try getting some questions in with Oda, Neo_G etc. if you can hehe.

BadWolf

I've been one of those for at least 3 or 4 years now lol

Well I guess there's something to be said for consistency lol.

But seriously though, just hit practice mode and train up some. Play some online matches. Ask us if you have any questions. Plenty of unknown players in your pool so you might break your streak.

Well I guess there's something to be said for consistency lol.

But seriously though, just hit practice mode and train up some. Play some online matches. Ask us if you have any questions. Plenty of unknown players in your pool so you might break your streak.

Lol I don't always go 0-2 at everything at least. But yeah, I was about to ask for general advice on Nakoruro/ShunEi/Rock.

BadWolf

Lol I don't always go 0-2 at everything at least. But yeah, I was about to ask for general advice on Nakoruro/ShunEi/Rfor.

Not sure who Rfor is but as for Nak and Shun, here's quick starter guide for Shun.

Shun is someone who benefits a ton from raw max activation so the preferred position for him is second or anchor. Stock him with meter, raw activate and then go to town with his EX moves. QCB+PP is a wall bounce launcher (and usually safe on block) and EX DP is a full on launcher as well, you can land full combos after both. His standing CD is excellent and goes over lows, cancel into QCB+LP to make it safe on block. If the CD connects for a wall splat then you can hit them with QCB+HP into super (into Climax DM if you want) or go straight into super. He has some pretty simple combos that do great damage.

Nak is a total bzztch lol. Her cr. HP is an amazing anti-air and poke and a total menace to deal with when combined with her QCF+LP. Light attacks into QCF+LP is a super annoying block string and combo. Most people like to put her on the point position since lack of meter gives the opponent less options to deal with her BS. QCB+K has a window of some invincibility that can be a nightmare to deal with, the kick follow is plus on block. And the bird, make sure to use the dang bird.

For great Shun play check out Layec. For Nak check out Romance and Gxbridget (he beat Xiaohai at the KoF world championship and took 2nd place).

Top Bottom