• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV Review Thread

OSHAN

SAB%20Banner%20Reviews%20BIG_zpsea1f3xjj.gif

tscover.jpg

DigitallyDownloaded: 9

GamesRader+: 4.5 out of 5

Level Down Games: 8.5

CG Magazine: 8.5

God is a Geek: 8.5

Gaming Nexus: 8.5

Eurogamer: Recommended

Gamespot: 8

PlayStation LifeStyle: 8

PlayStation Insider: 8

Destructoid: 8

Hardcore Gamer: 8

USgamer: 4 out of 5

Push Square: 7

Twinfinite: 7

Spanish reviews.

Vandal.net 8.2/10
Meristation.com 8.3/10
3D Juegos 8.5/10
IGN Spain 8.2/10

I'll continue to add reviews as they come in.

Glad to have The King back. King. Singular.

Thank you SAB CA for the banner!

OSHAN

Hmm, perhaps not, since I can't edit my OP. I'll use this post then.

EDIT:

Just kidding, I cant' find shit. Edit button moved perhaps? I don't know. I can't be held responsible for my actions.

ldcommando

Banned
great game
well deserved scores
I feel if the visuals were a little better it would be easy 9s and even 10s.

Can´t wait to play this bad boy tomorrow

great game
well deserved scores

The visual will kinda grow on you-sorta like Street fighter 4, after a while.
But let's not loose hope, there is still a day one patch expected, who knows what they improved from these review versions. :)

ldcommando

Banned
But let's not loose hope, there is still a day one patch expected, who knows what they improved from these review versions. :)

Yes, 100%. I only came around to the game after playing the demo and now it doesn´t even bother me anymore. But most people are going to judge the game by that first, that is undeniable.

Fitts

Patch out Sylvie and the game becomes 10/10.

Skilletor

No midnight unlock on PSN from what I can see.

It did preload. Looks to be playable tomorrow around noon EST.

Awesome, thanks.

Probably couldn't hold out if I could play it tonight, but since I won't have time this week, I'll be able to wait for impressions on the netcode.

Would hate for this amazing roster to be useless to me.

correojon

Really glad to see this getting good scores :) Even though the visuals were subpar in the reveal, I always liked how the gameplay looked so KOF. Hope it's back to stay.

mollipen

I'm also reviewing the game, but I didn't feel comfortable putting my review up yet, because no way have any of these people had "proper" time with the online—and there's a decent selection of online stuff in this game.

With any fighting game, I worry about doing a review before it's even out there in the wild past a few early copy-grabbers.

I was super sceptical before getting my copy, and it's totally won me over. This isn't where the game needs to be, to be clear—SNK really needs to now polish some of this stuff as they go forward—but it's a better start than I feared it'd be.

Skilletor

I'm also reviewing the game, but I didn't feel comfortable putting my review up yet, because no way have any of these people had "proper" time with the online—and there's a decent selection of online stuff in this game.

With any fighting game, I worry about doing a review before it's even out there in the wild past a few early copy-grabbers.

Pretty much. Good for public perception, but useless for anybody looking for more indepth analysis on fighters.

Fuck, I forgot this was coming out this week!

I just bought SFV over the weekend as it was on sale. TBH it's pretty damn boring, I should've just waited on the King to arrive.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

I was super exceptional before getting my copy, and it's totally won me over. This isn't where the game needs to be, to be clear—SNK really needs to now polish some of this stuff as they go forward—but it's a better start than I feared it'd be.
Glad you like you so much!

Tizoc

As much as the visuals are growing on me various animations just look plain bad
Like king's stance looking really goofy and benimaru's stance with thr way his fingers are sticking out make it look weird

OVDRobo

Great scores!

Really glad I pre-ordered based solely on faith now.

Keeping in mind that the game still looks... less than exceptional visually, the core gameplay must be really solid to still pull in scores this good.

great game
well deserved scores

With better visuals/art style, a more robust story mode, and across the board great netcode, this would've been the top of my mental charts.

As it stands, it's just great.

Top Bottom