• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Erheller

Well, technically speaking they do, but a lot of them seem to just repeat the same thing over and over with a different wording. Nothing particularly interesting happens with most shop keepers cause they obviously need to stay put.

e: I feel your pain though lol. That NPC hunting got crazy at times. We'll see how I manage with SC.

Hahah yeah, in this case I'll gladly admit I was very wrong.

Talk to the Rolent general store shopkeeper in SC, you won't regret it.

aravuus

Yes. Talk to everyone in Rolent.

Wouldn't dare to skip even a single one, I mean, it's Estelle's hometown and she's a returning hero!

The gossiping little girl in front of the bar is still probably the single best NPC in the whole game. Every single line of her's is absolutely hilarious.

asagami_

Banned
Wouldn't dare to skip even a single one, I mean, it's Estelle's hometown and she's a returning hero!

The gossiping little girl in front of the bar is still probably the single best NPC in the whole game. Every single line of her's is absolutely hilarious.

The one who wants be a detective? She is amazing! Haha I like when she annoys Estelle with her clever comments.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
anyone played nayuta no kiseki? it's a good game?

Good gameplay and music, junk story. The fan translation is really bad (lightly edited machine translation basically) but sufficient to play the game in English.

Don't expect anything "Trails-like." Complete other end of the spectrum, more similar to Ys if anything.

Bebpo

Banned
Good gameplay and music, junk story. The fan translation is really bad (lightly edited machine translation basically) but sufficient to play the game in English.

Don't expect anything "Trails-like." Complete other end of the spectrum, more similar to Ys if anything.

Hmmm...I liked the story, the protagonist was smart and didn't need the plot fed to him, the sci-fi-ish tale was a neat short-story in a Xeno/SO~ish way. The post-game was very cool. Like it's not the most epic tale ever, but for a short story arpg tale, it's better than like most Ys storylines.

Gu4n

It's a great game as long as you don't let the title mislead you; it's a super fun platform RPG that reminded me of the PSone era, with an amazing soundtrack. The story itself is okay but with writing mediocre at best, I wouldn't bother with that too much. I ended up skimming through dialogues to get back to my favourite part of the game: the actual playing.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I really liked it, but don't go in expecting a full fledged Kiseki game or a crazy fast paced Ys game. It's a mix of the two, with much more platforming.

Aters

We learned two things from the recent interview:
1. There will be a graphic update from the PS3 entries (I take it as a suggestion that there won't be a PS3 version).
2. We will see more of the Erebonian Empire.

Combined with what we know from the previous entries, I think we can make some educated guess here.

The stage for CS3 will be set in the western part of Erebonian, a region never explored before.
CS2 introduced two new characters of the rebellions and they are supposed to be important to the story, but we know next to nothing about them except that "they are active at the western front." Also, Olivert spent most of his time there during the civil war. Emma and Fie may also uncover their past there.

We will play as Rean and Class VII.
Instead of unveiling his secrets, CS2 simply creates more myth around him. Fans will riot if Falcom fails to explain the powers again.

The biggest question is the villain.
The Snake is a given. Vita and Arianrhod are likely still in Erebonian, and a full-fledged fight (to be able to bring his HP to 0) with NO.0 is overdue. Moreover, one of the Twelve Knights was teased at the end of CS2. They only appear when The Snake are active.

The question is will we fight Osbourne. Class VII were supposed to "find a third past" yet they basically sided with Osbourne in CS2. If they want to stay neutral, they need to fight both sides. A fight with Osbourne's party will also push the character development. Many of the Class VII have relatives on the Osbourne side (Elliot, Jusis, Machias, Millium). They need a reason to join with Rean.

So here's my full speculation:
1. The game starts at Crossbell, following CS2's ending. Rean fights the Crossbell force while thinking about the meaning of life. Shit goes south in Erebonian and Rean has to return. (Crossbell seize the chance and win the war, which is not important to the main story).

2. Class VII reassemble. Emma, Fie, and Sara still hold some secrets, and they will find out that their own paths all lead to Rean. Alisa, Laura, and Gaius will join with Rean because friendship (totally expecting them to be the least interesting characters in CS3).

3. Rean questions his father's methods, and tries to stop him from whatever he's up to. Elliot, Jusis, Machias, Millium (and the Ice Maiden) will stand in his way and join him after they lose.

4. Osbourne realizes he's wrong after defeated by Rean, but he's still going to die because The Snake swoop in. They take back the whole plan and BOOM: a city in the sky or a big tree or some other crazy shit.

5. A long ass final dungeon and Rean saves the world (with the help of that knight from the church).

6. A tease to the next arc: The Republic.

7. Insert anime trope step sister and princess into the story.

The final installment of an arc is always the most exciting one. The reused assets, however, often hurt the experience. This time we may get a grand conclusion to the Empire arc with all fresh assets. Best in the series incoming.

Gu4n

@Muntu: Plenty of CS2 spoilers among those, so I wouldn't click if I were you.

Funny you say going south, I was thinking the other way around. Full speculation mode on, series-wide spoilers:

1. Summer of S.1205: Calvard concludes it can't fight Erebonia on the Crossbellan border and ponders alternatives. Liberl stays points to the non-aggression pact they signed with Calvard and Erebonia and stays neutral. The alternative is through is a guerrilla attack on the Zender Gate through the Nord Highlands. During the guerrilla attack, Gaius' hometown -- located in the middle between the highlands, where it was during Cold Steel -- gets detroyed and several people get killed. Returning from a mission home, the peace-loving Gaius' world sees his home burning and his world crumbles. His Stigma awakens in the vicinity of the statue in north Nord Highlands and becomes the 11th Dominion. He is welcomed to the Gralsritter by Barkhorn and welcomed in Arteria.

2. Rean strikes a deal with Dominion. He lends them his strength and Ashen Knight required to find the Erebonian Sept-Terrion, in exchange he wants them to spill the secrets on reincarnation. In the process, he learns he himself was a reincarnation of Dreichels and named as such (リィン/リンカーネイション, 'Reancarnation'). This leads him to the secrets of the Black Factory, which pre-dates the Great Collapse, in which homonculus like Altina and Orion were crafted. Kevin had learnt about these possibilities during his research of
Weissmann
, after which he requested the use of the Salt bolt.

3. Rean succeeds in reviving his friend. Together with the 2nd Dominion, they start assembling the pieces to locate the Sept-Terrion. For one of them, they need to collect the seven Divine Knights (and have them do a synchronised dance, idk) since these are each a fragment of the Sept-Terrion of Fire.

4. Before the Septian Church manages to secure the Sept-Terrion, a fission among the religious stable organisation occurs. Barkhorn, the 8th Dominion, reveals himself as the 5th Anguis. He also reveals he was responsible for the Salt Pillar incident, ridiculing the Church to have him report his findings at the time. Ein, the first Dominion, shows up, proclaiming she knew all along about his double role and the confidential information he has whispered in the Grandmaster's ear. Ein confirms she knows the Grandmaster and what she is aiming for, and knows what her goal cannot be reached without all seven Sept-Terrion. Doesn't elaborate on this, which means the seventh Sept-Terrion is in the basement under Arteria. She rather knows where they are, even in Ouroboros possession, than them missing. With the growing tensions between the nations, the Dominion start to fall apart.

5. Kevin shows up and hunts down Osborne in a similar fashion as
Weissmann.
He retrieves the artifacts Osborne has assembled over the years.

6. Ouroboros uses this opporunity to launch their large-scale counter-attack to complete an adjusted Phantasmal Blaze Plan to obtain the remaining two Sept-Terrion. They learnt about the second Erebonian Sept-Terrion through Barkhorn via 2nd Dominion. Campanella and Arianhrod return to Erebonia and deploy their respective forces, the Jester corps and Stahlritter to oppose the Imperial army divisions. A world war follows.

I don't know, man. Stupid game changer.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So 3rd Evo just came out and I'm at chapter 2 so far, first time playthrough. Game started really nicely with a bang compared to FC and SC but it's pretty clear what the structure and pacing of the rest is going to be like at this point. Seems like a nice change of pace since it doesn't look like it'll be as long as SC.

I'm liking Ries less than I thought I would
because falcom has done a really good job of reducing her to a one dimensional gimmick so far (there were at least 5 or 6 jokes about her bottomless stomach in just the prologue and first chapter alone). Hopefully that gimmick gets dropped sooner rather than later because I'm already tired of it.

I'm wondering if the masked man being/being connected? to Leonhardt was supposed to be more ambiguous/a potential bait and switch in the original, because him having the same voice in evo is a pretty dead giveaway right now.

Also Tita's mom is a Bad. Ass.

Monster Hunter coming out at the same time is going to leave a huge crater in my gaming schedule but I'll be playing this leisurely over the coming weeks. Have zero/ao evo and the sen games lined up for afterwards so hopefully I can finish everything before sen 3 comes out.

Bebpo

Banned
So 3rd Evo just came out and I'm at chapter 2 so far, first time playthrough. Game started really nicely with a bang compared to FC and SC but it's pretty clear what the structure and pacing of the rest is going to be like at this point. Seems like a nice change of pace since it doesn't look like it'll be as long as SC.

because falcom has done a really good job of reducing her to a one dimensional gimmick so far (there were at least 5 or 6 jokes about her bottomless stomach in just the prologue and first chapter alone). Hopefully that gimmick gets dropped sooner rather than later because I'm already tired of it.

I'm wondering if the masked man being/being connected? to Leonhardt was supposed to be more ambiguous/a potential bait and switch in the original, because him having the same voice in evo is a pretty dead giveaway right now.

Monster Hunter coming out at the same time is going to leave a huge crater in my gaming schedule but I'll be playing this leisurely over the coming weeks. Have zero/ao evo and the sen games lined up for afterwards so hopefully I can finish everything before sen 3 comes out.

Reiss is developed a bit by the end. Kevin's the main character with development, but Reiss is ingrained into his past and present story.

Masked Guy isn't really important, so eh, don't worry about it. Minor character in the scheme of 3rd that's just meant to have a "whose the masked character" twist.

Yeah, Tita's parents are super awesome! You'll see a lot of great scenes developing some of the 2ndary characters in the doors.

preta

Gu4n: I haven't played CS2, but am I right in assuming that the much-hyped "game changer" has to do with, in some way,
the nature of Ouroboros and/or their motives
? I think I might have actually seen you basically say as much outside of spoiler tags a while back but I'm not sure. The non-spoilered parts of Aters' post seem to fit with this too.

Gu4n

Give Ries a little time to develop, she becomes really awesome.

Gu4n: I haven't played CS2, but am I right in assuming that the much-hyped "game changer" has to do with, in some way,
the nature of Ouroboros and/or their motives
? I think I might have actually seen you basically say as much outside of spoiler tags a while back but I'm not sure. The non-spoilered parts of Aters' post seem to fit with this too.
What Kiseki is really good at is at creating nuanced antagonists. Whereas some games allow their parties involved to be clearly distinguished in black and white, to me Kiseki is grey all round; while we know the organisational structure of Ouroboros and the Septian Church, we know virtually nothing about the Bracer Guild, how it was founded and by whom (we don't know) or by whom they got funded (we know since Ao), for example. The reason I say this is because I know what you're suspecting, but it's a little more complex than that, I'm afraid.

preta

Give Ries a little time to develop, she becomes really awesome.

What Kiseki is really good at is at creating nuanced antagonists. Whereas some games allow their parties involved to be clearly distinguished in black and white, to me Kiseki is grey all round; while we know the organisational structure of Ouroboros and the Septian Church, we know virtually nothing about the Bracer Guild, how it was founded and by whom (we don't know) or by whom they got funded (we know since Ao), for example. The reason I say this is because I know what you're suspecting, but it's a little more complex than that, I'm afraid.

I actually have played Ao, it's just that my English is still way way better than my Japanese so I've waited to play the CS games in English, now that they're being localized. Refresh my memory? Also, I don't know that you know what I'm suspecting, because I didn't really have anything in mind myself.

Is this "game changer" part of the new stuff in NG+ or not?

Gu4n

I actually have played Ao, it's just that my English is still way way better than my Japanese so I've waited to play the CS games in English, now that they're being localized. Refresh my memory? Also, I don't know that you know what I'm suspecting, because I didn't really have anything in mind myself.

Is this "game changer" part of the new stuff in NG+ or not?
The Bracer Guild was/is funded by
the Epstein Foundation
(Ao spoiler).

All I can say about Cold Steel II's ending is that the series had been working toward it for a very long time. It's not related to NG+.

Cindered

Neo Member
Some screenshots of the 3rd were recently posted on the trails facebook page. Normally not too exciting, but something interesting I noticed was that they looked a lot like they came from a Playstation version of the game, based on the UI sizes, how the compass looks, and the existence of a square button prompt.
13576711_1459592564066152_704708049284334748_o.jpg

I wonder if this means they are directly porting the Playstation version instead of fixing up the PC version?

Cindered

Neo Member
I don't think it just the high res assets, the PSP version had some UI differences that weren't present in FC and SC on PC that are present in these screenshots. Mainly the UI takes up much more of the screen space, the compass looks and functions slightly differently, and a button needs to be pressed to show enemy info in battle. Also, the PC clickable buttons are completely absent.

Psxphile

The Sora PS3 versions were essentially upscaled PSP versions w/ improved assets. You can actually take the game image and run it on a PSP emulator with the right settings. Also, Sara did say that PSP elements will be backported into the Steam version. Maybe the UI is included?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Any UI change is almost certainly a side effect of using PS3 assets and might be changed by release, the game is still months away after all. It's incredibly unlikely that she would go through the effort of single-handedly porting a different version when she's intimately familiar with the workings of the PC versions after all the work done on FC and SC.

Psxphile

Any UI change is almost certainly a side effect of using PS3 assets and might be changed by release, the game is still months away after all. It's incredibly unlikely that she would go through the effort of single-handedly porting a different version when she's intimately familiar with the workings of the PC versions after all the work done on FC and SC.

True enough, and I agree.

Although, when you think about it... if Xseed were successful in porting PSP versions of Kiseki games to PC it would certainly alleviate one particularly thorny issue for the Crossbell duology.

Although, when you think about it... if Xseed were successful in porting PSP versions of Kiseki games to PC it would certainly alleviate one particularly thorny issue for the Crossbell duology.

Well we already know that isn't possible unless they involve an outside port studio because they don't have the programming muscle in-house to handle it.

If Crossbell ever happens, what I'm betting is that Falcom does a JP build of Ao PC as a favor for Xseed to translate. That seems to be the "easiest" route to bring it over unless Chara-Ani decided to become friendly all of a sudden.

Cindered

Neo Member
I still don't think it's simply the results of adapting the HD assets. The sizing of the UI and stuff, sure that would make sense, although I would argue that the general sizing of the chat bubbles would not change. But to change the functionality, especially for things that have no precedent of being changed?

For example, going back to the screenshot I originally linked to, two things stick out to me: First, there's the square button prompt that I pointed out originally. The biggest issue is that there's no reason at all for that prompt to exist. On PC, the target information window is always showing so long as an enemy is highlighted with the cursor, and to my knowledge there is no way to actually hide it. The hide/show functionally would have to have been specifically coded in, and it's not really something that needs to be coded in with all of the screen space available. I don't think it really has anything to do with the HD assets, either.

Second: There's the health bar that's displaying in the target circle, that, again, is a Playstation specific occurrence. That does not happen in the PC version, and I don't think adapting HD assets would magically add this function. Admittedly, this actually would be something that makes sense to adapt, but suddenly adding it now seems odd to me.

Also, there's the compass thing I was talking about:
How the compass is shown in this screenshot is exactly how it displays in the Playstation versions in areas where the minimap is not shown. In both FC and SC, the compass is just simply a little needle that spins around a button that says "map"(or has a little cube on it in the 3rd's case). It's quite different, different enough that I don't think a texture swap would make it look like that.
Well we already know that isn't possible unless they involve an outside port studio because they don't have the programming muscle in-house to handle it.
I disagree, I'm willing to bet Sara could handle a port, especially given what she did with Corpse Party. I don't know why they would directly port from the Playstation version, if that's what they are doing. Maybe it would be that it actually is easier, even with knowledge of the engine it might still be a complete pain in the ass to work with. SC did not want to behave if the loc blogs are to be believed, after all.

I'll admit that I'm being incredibly, probably absurdly, nitpicky. At the same time I think the little things DO matter, and that they add up.

So to TLDR it all and sum up my feelings, I think the way everything presented in these screenshots line up so incredibly well with how the game is presented on the Playstation systems that I find it's hard for me to just write it off as just a coinkydink or as a result of the implementation of HD assets.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Tom says it's the PC version.

From us, you mean? It's built on the original PC version for sure! Though as with FC and SC, there are plans to back-port any additions from the PSP version to the best of our (or, really, Sara's) ability.

This does not include the censored cutscene, however: the full, original, uncut PC version of that will be present and accounted for in our PC release -- NOT the trimmed-down PSP version of that scene.

I don't know if any other scenes were altered between the PC and PSP versions of the game, but if so, we're sticking with the original PC versions. We will not be favoring any cut-down scenes over their full, uncut originals.

Gu4n

The screenshots uploaded by XSEED are clearly from the PS3 version; I think they uploaded them to give a sneak peek as to how stunning the final product will look like since it uses the same assets.

Edit:
Here is why the Sora Evolution games are bad games: I initially started the fight against
Mueller
(SC, Chapter 4) with ye same olde strategies - Clock Down, Forte - and then I got a Zero Craft (on my turn, even) and launched my 200CP S-Craft. The next turn was a critical and I could fire off another 200CP S-Craft. Three more normal attacks and I was done, and even
Josette
was still alive and kicking. I know I don't have to use them, but I'm in to hear some of my favourite scenes voiced and not for the actual gameplay. Though, it still triggers me when people say they could've got the Evolution games instead of the far superior Steam version they did get.

aravuus

Holy shit, I might have to turn off the post-battle voices in SC. Not a single one of these characters have a voice I imagined them to have lmao.

e: also oh wow Kloe is boring. She wasn't this boring in FC, swear to god.

Obviously loving the game otherwise, though.

Thud

The screenshots uploaded by XSEED are clearly from the PS3 version; I think they uploaded them to give a sneak peek as to how stunning the final product will look like since it uses the same assets.

Edit:
Here is why the Sora Evolution games are bad games: I initially started the fight against
Mueller
(SC, Chapter 4) with ye same olde strategies - Clock Down, Forte - and then I got a Zero Craft (on my turn, even) and launched my 200CP S-Craft. The next turn was a critical and I could fire off another 200CP S-Craft. Three more normal attacks and I was done, and even
Josette
was still alive and kicking. I know I don't have to use them, but I'm in to hear some of my favourite scenes voiced and not for the actual gameplay. Though, it still triggers me when people say they could've got the Evolution games instead of the far superior Steam version they did get.

That's crazy. I was sweating during that fight on Normal lol.

Jolkien

Holy shit, I might have to turn off the post-battle voices in SC. Not a single one of these characters have a voice I imagined them to have lmao.

e: also oh wow Kloe is boring. She wasn't this boring in FC, swear to god.

Obviously loving the game otherwise, though.

Wait for it. She has a nice development arc, I liked it personally.

Korigama

Zero-Craft for turns has been a thing this whole time? Is that only for the Evolution games? I'm only as far as chapter 1 of FC and chapter 4 of Cold Steel, so I wouldn't know (didn't click the spoiler tags for SC, but being able to get free 200CP S-Crafts sounds broken either way).

Jolkien

Zero-Craft for turns has been a thing this whole time? Is that only for the Evolution games? I'm only as far as chapter 1 of FC and chapter 4 of Cold Steel, so I wouldn't know (didn't click the spoiler tags for SC, but being able to get free 200CP S-Crafts sounds broken either way).

No they're not in the non evolution version in FC,SC or CS.

Edit:
Mueller
Josette
I still can't imagine what went through their heads when they thought adding Zero Craft wouldn't utterly ruin the game's balance. I was really surprised when I first launched FC Evo and got it.

Psxphile

I knew about Zero Craft, but this is the first I'm hearing that it gives you a free full-power S-Craft. I thought it only applied to regular crafts, like Zero Arts applies to Arts. That would have been less broken.

I mentioned it before, but it's possible Sara is implementing PSP/PS3 HUD design as a choice into the PC version. Like how you can alter the UI in Ys Chronicles+. That's not out of the realm of possibility, I think. Maybe they'll even be able to patch it into the other games?

Though what you said is probably the more believable outcome. Occam's Razor and all.

I recently started FC and just assumed it only applied to normal crafts. I take it the evo versions should only really be played on Hard, huh. Oh well.

Zukuu

Banned
Had to quit SC. After kinda dragging myself through FC, only to be amazed by the last half and hour or so of story revelations I simply can't cope with it AGAIN. The story after 20h or so is still less advanced than even in the first game, which is hard to actually accomplish. And after farming everyone up to level 50 or so, I get a new "old" party member which is level 30 or so - yeah, how about no. I play on hard and it's impossible to do some of these monster hunts this way. There is also NOTHING NEW. The exact same world and same battle system... just no. I simply can't endure it, it's boring me to death. Why didn't they pick up the story of FC, right away? Why must it go back to be such a drag pacing wise? It's simply terrible.

scurker

Had to quit SC. After kinda dragging myself through FC, only to be amazed by the last half and hour or so of story revelations I simply can't cope with it AGAIN. The story after 20h or so is still less advanced than even in the first game, which is hard to actually accomplish. And after farming everyone up to level 50 or so, I get a new "old" party member which is level 30 or so - yeah, how about no. I play on hard and it's impossible to do some of these monster hunts this way. There is also NOTHING NEW. The exact same world and same battle system... just no. I simply can't endure it, it's boring me to death. Why didn't they pick up the story of FC, right away? Why must it go back to be such a drag pacing wise? It's simply terrible.

I actually came into this thread to ask a similar question. I just finished FC and thought felt the story dragged on at a snails pace until the last 30 minutes or so of the game. I didn't enjoy the battle system as I felt it was slow an uninteresting as well. It's a little disappointing to hear that SC didn't change much from FC.

I would assume it wouldn't be worth picking up SC to complete the story since I didn't enjoy the time it took to get there?

Had to quit SC. After kinda dragging myself through FC, only to be amazed by the last half and hour or so of story revelations I simply can't cope with it AGAIN. The story after 20h or so is still less advanced than even in the first game, which is hard to actually accomplish. And after farming everyone up to level 50 or so, I get a new "old" party member which is level 30 or so - yeah, how about no. I play on hard and it's impossible to do some of these monster hunts this way.

Playing on Hard was a mistake. I'm playing on Normal currently, and the game is balanced just right. The experience scales in such a way that I can't grind to make the battles a piece of cake, but I'm never so underleveled that I can't beat what I need to. The more I play this, the more I think it's one of my favorite RPG battle systems, actually. So many RPGs have difficulty making battles consistently interesting, even if they throw a lot of systems into the mix, but with Trails FC and SC I'm always thinking and planning and keeping an eye on the turn bonuses. Good stuff.

There is also NOTHING NEW. The exact same world and same battle system... just no. I simply can't endure it, it's boring me to death. Why didn't they pick up the story of FC, right away? Why must it go back to be such a drag pacing wise? It's simply terrible.

SC does pick up the story of FC right away - it opens on the very next morning after SC, after all! It's true that after the prologue, it doesn't jump into hard-hitting, fast-moving plot plot plot, but that's because the heart of this series is its characters, and a lot of the appeal of going around to each region again is seeing these characters' journeys develop - not just your party members, but many of the non-playable side characters as well. Of course, if you were bored by most of FC you probably never made a connection with any of the characters in the first place, in which case SC won't hold much appeal for you. For me, I don't think I've ever before or will ever again find a game world as engrossing as this one.

I actually came into this thread to ask a similar question. I just finished FC and thought felt the story dragged on at a snails pace until the last 30 minutes or so of the game. I didn't enjoy the battle system as I felt it was slow an uninteresting as well. It's a little disappointing to hear that SC didn't change much from FC.

I would assume it wouldn't be worth picking up SC to complete the story since I didn't enjoy the time it took to get there?

SC is the second half of FC. It's best to think of them as one game in two parts. Major changes in visuals, locations, gameplay - that only comes in future installments of the Kiseki series.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played on hard, but normal in SC is already an appropriate difficulty to follow up FC's normal. It doesn't start off especially hard, but also doesn't completely go back to square one with the same difficulty curve as FC. The balance changes are nice, and some of the late game fights are reasonably difficult.

And yeah, you should never have to grind in these games. Experience scales so underleveled characters will automatically catch up to the appropriate level, and overleveling is hard due to the experience getting cut. And you don't really need to fight that much, IIRC I had under 500 battles in both FC and SC but I'd have to check on that. (Edit: 477 in FC, 462 in SC, excluding fleeing.)

Hard, from what I've read, sounds more annoying than challenging due to everything having too much HP. Making fights longer is not usually a sign of a well balanced difficulty increase.

I'd also say if you didn't like FC but slogged through it for SC, you probably won't like SC either. SC is pretty similarly paced and structured for the first half the game or so, while the second half is mostly closer to FC's last chapter. I didn't really like how the first half of SC's story was handled, but "being slow" is not really my complaint.

Famassu

If you grind in a Trails game, you are doing it wrong.

And you shouldn't have picked Hard. SC isn't properly balanced for it.

Top Bottom