• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last episode of Naruto aired today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malajax

Yup. Japanese TV never stops. Soon as a show ends something new needs to be brought up to fill its slot.

What i never get is, if you do want to see reruns in Japan, what are your (legal) options? Streaming services and DVDs, or do some of the broadcast anime ever re-air on cable?

Streaming media is not very big in Japan yet so physical media is still king. The problem is that it's all extremely expensive in Japan. The norm is still around $60 for about 4 episodes. This isn't very feasible for a long running show like Naruto, so reruns are about all they have.

Long running shonen are pretty disposable so that issue isn't that major.

Nightbird

I gotta say, i got light feels watching the last episode.

I got a little teary eyes when
Naruto asked Iruka to attend the wedding as his father

Didn't saw that coming

Jarnet87

not sure if Bleach fans are better off only having to endure that last arc in the manga and not in two formats like Naruto fans.

Clegg

There wedding preparation episodes have all been pretty good actually. A culmination of all the friendships and bonds Naruto has made since the beginning of the series.

Finishing the series run on the wedding of Naruto and Hinata is a nice touch.

I still need to watch the novel episodes.

Here's to hoping that a Naruto Kai of sorts is eventually announced. Unfortunately, with the way Naruto integrated filler material into the show, it'll be a much more tedious process than it was For Z.

I gotta say, i got light feels watching the last episode.

I got a little teary eyes when
Naruto asked Iruka to attend the wedding as his father

Didn't saw that coming

Huh, I only read the manga, so I never got a scene like this. I really like the thought. I always really appreciated the relationship between
Iruka and Naruto
, I would have liked to see them interact a bit more in the second half of the story.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually liked a lot of the "Filler" episodes. It help to flesh out a lot of the secondary characters that were all but forgotten and sidelined in the manga.

ninja running around my block pouring out some ramen tonight

Seriously though, thought this show ended like 8 years ago. Headband prices about to blow up.

Friggz

someone care to wrap in a spoiler tag how it ended? im about 10 years behind in the show and dont care to catch up.

Keasar

84.gif

Rush_Khan

Even though Shippuden is the worst piece of media ever created, Naruto will always have a special place in my heart. A really inspirational tale.

Through it's highs and lows they were many special and great moments in Naruto. It's kind of weird to see Naruto/Shippuden end though. Feels like it followed me in my life since forever. I think I was 8 or 9 when I first read it.

I can't wait for Boruto on the 5th!

I tried watching Naruto and I got up to them fighting on a bridge on their first big mission and it took ages to get anywhere. Then I saw there was like hundreds and hundreds more episodes.

Dropped it like it was hotter than Denzel Washington.

So... did anything important happen after that?

LotusHD

Banned
Same. I fucking hate how DBZ and Naruto, shows I used to practically worship as a kid, are just so meh to me to the point where I'm not even bothering with their "post-story" new releases.

I find DBS to be a decent enough watch once they got past recapping the movies. I'll probably watch the new Boruto show for a bit due to morbid curiosity.

At least I'm also a One Piece fan. Consistently happy where that's concerned
so long as I focus on the manga...

someone care to wrap in a spoiler tag how it ended? im about 10 years behind in the show and dont care to catch up.

I'll do my best to be brief with what I remember...

There was a big war where the Akatsuki member Tobi resurrected every famous dead ninja so that he could take over the world. It turned out that Tobi was actually the legendary shinobi Uchiha Madara, one-time friend and rival of the first Hokage. *Then* it turned out that Madara was actually Obito, Kakashi's friend who gave Kakashi his sharingan eye just before he seemingly died. Obito didn't actually die, though; he was rescued and nursed back to health by the actual Madara Uchiha, who had a diabolical scheme to capture all the tailed beasts and combine them into one powerful chakra monster: Ten Tails. Obito, for his part, wants revenge against an unjust world that allowed his friend Rin to die.

There are a bunch of battles. Shikamaru and Ino's dads die. Guy fights against Madara and almost dies, but then he gets saved. It's the rare moment where one of the side characters gets to do something cool. Sasuke decides to come back and help out. At this point, Sasuke is monstrously powerful. Obito eventually turns good and helps the heroes to fight against Madara and Ten Tails. It turns out that Madara and Hashirama, the First Hokage, are reincarnations of the Sage of Six Path's two sons - one aggressive and violent, the other more gentle and kind. Naruto and Sasuke are also reincarnations of the Sage's sons.

Out of nowhere - seriously, it's random as hell - Kaguya, the Sage of Six Path's evil mother, shows up and causes a ruckus. Almost everyone on the planet gets trapped in an evil chakra tree. Naruto and Sasuke don't get trapped, so they team up and defeat Kaguya.

After Kaguya is defeated, Sasuke decides that it's time to be a jerk. He and Naruto fight, but they exhaust their energy and Sasuke concedes defeat.

Flash forward many years - Kakashi was 6th hokage but he's retired, so Naruto has become the 7th hokage. Naruto and Hinata are married and have a son named Boruto. Sasuke and Sakura have a daughter, but Sasuke is rarely home - he's always out on some mission or other.

Nightbird

Huh, I only read the manga, so I never got a scene like this. I really like the thought. I always really appreciated the relationship between
Iruka and Naruto
, I would have liked to see them interact a bit more in the second half of the story.

Yeah, it was a nice thing to add, almost makes me want to go back and watch all of the episodes i missed, but then again, i missed everything since Naruto vs Sasuke Version ?, so i have quite a lot to catch up on. But i could also use the time to finally watch Space Dandy S2 or Coboy Bebop >.>

I'll do it sometime

I'm sure

I hope

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly believe(with Boruto and possible other future series) they will keep showing Naruto growing up all the way until he eventually grows old and/or dies. Not sure if this will be the first animated series to do such a thing but it will definitely be interesting if they pull it off.

I thought Dragonball would beat them to the punch but Goku seems ageless now.

Edit:

Bleach fans are still upset their series clearly got canned.

This is true. Don't care that the last arc wasn't great, I just wanted a finished animated series. The worst feeling is an unfinished series. Just ask anyone who watched Young Justice or Spectacular Spiderman.

sora87

Jeez, i started watching this in high school or around that time, i got the first 60 episodes off ebay from some dodgy seller

DMONKUMA

Seriously? Today? I could've sworn it ended back in December of last year. Unless they put more filler in which is probably what happened.

VDenter

Banned
What was the point of adding filler to the show when the manga was already done for years? Yeah Naruto had a really rough adaptation.

brawly

I'm so glad that I said fuck it and read the manga months. I was already skipping all filler but the wait for canon episodes was just too stupid.

Good riddance.

Boruto, such a stupid name.

I mean, Bolt is a pretty good name for the kid. But yeah, using Boruto in english is stupid.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
What was the point of adding filler to the show when the manga was already done for years? Yeah Naruto had a really rough adaptation.

If you mean filler after the ending, it was to answer any questions left over and to ease the story's transition into Boruto. If you mean filler before the final fights, I'm not sure exactly why they did that.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Now give me a Kai version..

Shippuuden is a filler nightmare....

The Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series on PS3/PC are what you are looking for. Some of the fight scenes are even better animated than the anime itself. I have a friend who has played all of those games in order to enjoy the entire story filler free.

dmr87

End of an era, I think I started to watch around episode 30. I've skipped some of the bigger filler segments but I'm gonna watch the last episode just for the hell of it. I also enjoyed the Boruto movie so I'm gonna check out the anime too.

Titan S2 and Boruto in April 😉Here we go.

Everything post Soul Society ensured that there's no such thing as "Bleach fans" anymore.

Yeah. I bailed around the next Hueco Mundo arc. Cause it was really starting to feel like Bleach doesn't seem to be leading anywhere and this is a such a waste since it was a massive retread excuse of the Soul Society premise beats but with new power moves fights and even less story telling and character arch/growth, and....yep that was what it really continued to be.

BigDes

Only bit of Naruto I ever actually saw was some dude with long hair and red eyes wrecking the shit out of an entire army.

That was pretty rad. I'd watch more but there are like a thousand episodes or something?

B.O.O.M

Some great memories of the show and manga. Fillers screwed the anime but some of the fight scenes still remain as some of the best of anime. Manga was dope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom