• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last episode of Naruto aired today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have quite a bit of the anime to catch up with myself, but I just read that the final episode aired today. Finally! Been a long ride (a good 15 years or so) and gave me (and many) lots of great childhood memories lol, truly the end of an era.
Now let's see how long until they announce the Boruto anime

giphy.gif

Ogodei

it already was. should start airing next week

Yup. Japanese TV never stops. Soon as a show ends something new needs to be brought up to fill its slot.

What i never get is, if you do want to see reruns in Japan, what are your (legal) options? Streaming services and DVDs, or do some of the broadcast anime ever re-air on cable?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wait, they just played filler after the Sasuke and Naruto fight? These guys are honestly the masters of filler.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Posts in here are confusing, so it is ending or it's not? Some sort of spin off series or something continuing?

Pein

Banned
crazy, shippudens tenth anniversary was last month and I still remember how crazy the anticipation was for the original series to end and for them to move on.

Lmo911

Great, now someone get a machete and par this whole thing down to something I can watch relatively quickly.

br3wnor

Yup. Japanese TV never stops. Soon as a show ends something new needs to be brought up to fill its slot.

What i never get is, if you do want to see reruns in Japan, what are your (legal) options? Streaming services and DVDs, or do some of the broadcast anime ever re-air on cable?

So Japan doesn't have general TV 'seasons'? US always has some kind of new programming on, but it's pretty much fall-spring that the bulk of new stuff is on w/ a lot of summer being re-runs or random summer shows. That's really interesting.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Plus they adapted some of the novels for the past few months.

Yes but the craziest part is that once the anime got to the end, they didn't end it there, they still made more filler.

Yes.

This should give some idea of the actual quality of Naruto Shippuden as an adaptation.

There's been a shit load of fillers this whole time.

Wow. Garbage series is even more garbage...er, than I thought.

Yes but the craziest part is that once the anime got to the end, they didn't end it there, they still made more filler.
Or they animated the canon light novels, but whatever. Has been great, sorry you're not a fan.

Again, HAS NOT BEEN FILLER since they ran out of manga material.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I like Naruto, but there were so many problems with it. The anime had so many fillers. Not even good ones. In the manga, Kishimoto loved to do one to two panels per page to show emotion. To me it seemed more like filling pages quickly to slow down the story-telling. Lastly, the flashbacks plagued the series so bad. This constant drag about Sasuke, adored like a god by almost everyone. We all knew he was a subpar character.

What's TokyoTV airing in its place?

RangerBAD

Animax reruns a lot of different shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom