• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian (TRICO) announced for PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckyman

Banned
http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=4785&NewsAreaID=2

The Last Guardian

From the award-winning creator of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus comes a new gaming experience – the graphically-stunning, emotionally involving story of a child who encounters a legendary mythical creature. Trapped in a forbidding fortress, the pair must learn to trust each other in order to find their way to freedom. Prepare to live out a fairytale with The Last Guardian – a tale like no other.

HBroward

I refuse to call this game anything but Neverending Story 3: Falcor - The Younger Years.
But seriously, can't wait.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
The game that I bought my PS3 for. Looks fantastic. I can't fucking wait. HYPE HYPE HYPE

pulga

Banned
DID YOU THEE THE FUCKING FEATHERS ON THE RATCATTHING HOLYMOTHER OF GOD

now announce damn slim ps3 so i can finally get your damn console, sony

Already posted this in Sony thread, but:

I saw gameplay footage of the kid running and jumping from that crumbling bridge. The animation is AMAZING.

The lighting received a massive upgrade over that old build. Also the feathers on the creature are a lot more animated now. It looks like CG at some points.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Already posted this in Sony thread, but:

I saw gameplay footage of the kid running and jumping from that crumbling bridge. The animation is AMAZING.
yup. I can't even begin to care about any other 'visually impressive' game when The Last Guardian fucking towers over all of them. Shit, the rest of the industry is infantile compared to Team ICO.

VIDEO GAME ART FUCKERS YEA I SAID IT FUKKEN TEAM ICO WON THE UNIVERSE

Tieno

I don't know how Ueda does it, but he walks this fine line no other developer can in handling and tackling material and themes like this.

Will be there, looks beautiful.

scitek

This one looks amazing. Hard to see the improvements on G4's crappy signal at my house, but I could see the improvements in the boy's model, and the feathers and hairs on the creature. Still looked stunning.

USD

It wasn't the exact same video, they changed the boy's design, and there was a bit of extra footage at the end. Sure there were plenty of graphical updates, etc.

Looks great.

Danielsan

This right here will be the game of the generation for me.
The changes from the old build are huge. The griffin even looks more realistic now.
Also Miller's crossing music confirmed to be in the game?

Johnas

It's interesting that he said this is the last game in "the trilogy". I thought common rumor had Team Ico working on two games, that makes me wonder if the other game will have the same general aesthetic as the Ico trilogy, or be something altogether different.

A little sad that this series is ending, but I'm sure it will go out with a bang.

I'm glad they had some extra footage on the end, and the updated graphics are glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom