• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Jedi is the cover of EW's Fall Movie Preview (light spoilers)

Yunno, that article sure does mention Obi-Wan Kenobi a lot.

Like, a lot.

gaKgY_s-200x150.gif

TheXbox

I love this quote from Rian:

“The very first step in the writing of this was figuring out why he’s on that island,” Johnson says. “We know that he is not a coward. He’s not just hiding because he’s scared. But we also know that he must know his friends are in danger. He must know the galaxy needs him. And he’s sitting on this island in the middle of nowhere. There had to be an answer. It had to be something where Luke Skywalker believes he’s doing the right thing – and the process of figuring out what that is and unpacking it is the journey for Rey.”
Puts me at ease, you guys.

obin_gam

Sigh.

She's not Skywalker. This is absolutely spelled out in The Force Awakens.

Any other wild theories are fair game but this is the one that is ruled out .

It is spelled out via the scene with that yoda replacement doll when she connects to that lazer sword that she is in fact related to Luke

GhaleonEB

I love that Kylo used a mask despite not having any deformity to hide and now that Rey fucked up his face he's dropped the mask.

It is spelled out via the scene with that yoda replacement doll when she connects to that lazer sword that she is in fact related to Luke

No. Maz specifically says her family is gone and isn't returning.

This makes no sense if she's a Skywalker considering his lightsaber is RIGHT THERE and she's pushing Rey to go FIND HIM

TheXbox

I'm not even sure JJ or Kasdan knew who Rey's parents were. Don't read too much into TFA's goofy foreshadowing - this could very well be Johnson's call.

Afrocious

If Rey Palpatine drops, I'm going to laugh so loud, that I'll just walk out the theater applauding the bullshit in my exodus away from Star Wars. I wouldn't even be mad.

Surfinn

When you guys are sitting in the theater, stunned at the revelation that Rey is a Skywalker:

Remember me.
After watching TFA that should stun absolutely no one

article said:
He’s older now, about the same age Obi-Wan Kenobi was in the original film, but in many ways Luke is still that silhouette we remember standing on the rocks, staring out at the twin suns of Tatooine.

Fucking awesome

It's been hinted at in the forums that Rey's parents are Nixot Primo and Deedles Moy - 2 Rebel deserters who fled just before the assault on the Forest Moon of Endor.

Two names that just scream "put me in an anagram generator"

My money's on "they don't reveal shit about Rey's parentage, but nobody cares cause the movie is good"

Ben Solo as the next great Jedi. What a bust that was. Luke to a Jedi Academy is what MJ is to running the Bobcats. Just because you were great as a player/Jedi, that doesn't mean you're gonna be a great GM/Jedi Master.

You made the right decision to disappear there Isiah Thomas. You were trash at your job.

Goodstyle

Why are people so sure he dropped the mask? He could just not be wearing it for a few shots, and could put in on when he's about to go into a fight.

Top Bottom