• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Last Night" (Milkshake Duck incarnate) E3 Trailer [XBO/Win10/Steam 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pupdeq1MoVw

The Last Night will come to Xbox One and PC in 2018.

The soul of a cinematic platformer and the heart of a sci-fi thriller, The Last Night is set in a post-cyberpunk world with a deep, vibrant vision of the future.

The Last Night is what we call post-cyberpunk – it's not the kind of dystopia the genre is famous for, rather it depicts an alternate direction for society. One where the fight for survival doesn't mean food and water, but a purpose for living. Human labour and creativity has been rendered obsolete by AI, so people are now defining themselves by what they consume, not what they create.

Charlie is a lower-class citizen who can't interface with the systems and augmentations of the world around him, due to an accident during his childhood. He's a citizen of the thriving metropolis and yet he'll never be a part of it. Then, a chance encounter offers him the chance to be part of something else and take matters into his own hands.

===

Mod edit: a summary of what all the discussion is about
Can anyone make a TL;DR of the thread?

Outside of knowing this is one of the most incredibly looking game i've seen in a long time artistically, i have a feeling this is not the debate..
People have covered the basics already but if you want more specifics:
Looks like it's even worse than that.

I was the one who first posted in the GB thread about it when i saw stuff on Twitter but it was just rumblings; this just keeps escalating beyond what I expected.

The creator is telling you what the game is about

KmpDjSb.png

How do we separate?

Our main character in The Last Night is bisexual.

I sure hope the author isn't angling for the direction with this characterization that I think he's angling for.
kunk-rum.gif

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCFH_VmVYAANdlN.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCFH_VQU0AA3vPL.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCFMMkmUwAAFhrC.jpg[/IMG]

yikes

I realised he probably had French tweets people hadn't caught:

B3iXVVp.png

(the tweets he's replying to have been deleted)

1. The only racist I see here creating a racial hierarchy because someone is black or white here is you.

2. The real racists are the degenerates of your kind who see everything through the prism of race and gender.

(The next tweets are in the context of an "anti colonial summer camp" in France for POC which did not welcome the participation of white folk.)
zEtozEX.png

Tim1. Please tell me you're not defending the summer camp, Baptiste.

Baptiste2. I 200% do, and I really dislike seeing everybody up in arms about it. "Oh my god, the oppressed are organising!"

Tim3. Wow, you've totally bought into the rhetoric of oppression and state racism. Disappointing.

(he then suggests Baptiste read an article he links)
csh6fr1.png

Baptiste4. I read it, it's mediocre and shallow. Whether or not it chaffs your butt, institutional racism exists and is still a reality.

Baptiste5. Obviously, people who don't live it scream when say that, which in itself justifies the existence of a camp where speech is protected.

Tim6. That's anti living-together. I miss the 90s when I was a kid and we were all mixed and never thought about colour or religion.

And, re: Zoe Quinn
PinPuLu.png

I don't know if you're aware, but it's a hot topic. Zoe Quinn was sexually harassing men all while crying sexism.

Zach

I like its art style.

The Last Night will take place in a cyberpunk world where modern feminism won

I've killed 10 times more aliens, nazis, soldiers, and innocent male characters than women in video games.

sexism in video games do not make you sexist in real life.

Finally we'll have another take on the cyberpunk oppression instead Big Brother / 1984 / HAL / big companies. #gamergate

Eugenics come with artificial reproduction, automatically.

I've seen extreme cases where feminist would want artificial uterus to grow babies so they can keep working / drinking / smoking

Most feminist women only talk about their own oppression, you definitely tell on their blog, their twitter, and so on.

The only racist I see here creating a racial hierarchy because someone is black or white here is you. The real racists are the degenerates of your kind who see everything through the prism of race and gender.

Wow, you've totally bought into the rhetoric of oppression and state racism.

That's anti living-together. I miss the 90s when I was a kid and we were all mixed and never thought about colour or religion.

Oh.

This was the only game from the conference so far that had me raise an eyebrow in interest. The art style is great, but I imagine the overall quality is going to depend on its writing.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I wonder how demanding the game will be. I hope my pc can handle it if i dont get a x1x.

Looks great.

Arkeband

Banned
That trailer was pretty terrible - what even genre is it? It just kept showing the guy walking and/or pointing a gun at people.

madquills

Neo Member
Looks cool, but is it even a full fledged game or just a 1 hr experience thing?

Don't worry, it's definitely not a one hour thing. It's not going to be 10+ hours, but it will be all killer no filler. :)

(I'm the writer/producer) More info soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom